Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Dump Holt and go after T.O.?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    NO WAY! T.O is so overrated it isn't even funny. For an "elite" receiver he drops way more passes than he should. Not to mention he only plays when he wants to and gives up on plays.

It makes me sad that T.O and Randy Moss are going to be remembered as great receivers just because of their inflated stats. Can you imagine somebody like Jerry Rice (in his prime) playing in today's pass happy league? He would have 20,000 yards a year LOL!

T.O is not even close to being over rated! He actually goes out and preforms, yes he drops the ball, but he is a Spectacular NFL player. He helped make Tony Romo how good he was!!!

T.O goes out and tries all the time, he never half runs his routes, you are thinking of randy Moss when he was with the raiders! T.O is a distraction but he is a great NFL player and no where near over rated

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: Cowboys cut Owens.

WOW, very few TO fans out there!

Slug is offline Registered User

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ceratto sticks by what he said and that we stay far, far away from that clown.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ceratto sticks by what he said and that we stay far, far away from that clown.
    I wish he WOULD go to the Redskins, it'd be fun to see him on that star in a different uniform!

Irishrover40 is offline Registered User

Again I repeat myself: " He could be a top of the line super super star if he ever got his head screwed on correctly" His numbers are truely great, butits all the side show soap opera drama antics that disrupts and can wreck an entire team that makes him a true liability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slug is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    I wish he WOULD go to the Redskins, it'd be fun to see him on that star in a different uniform!
    Ha! Yeah like he's trying to "collect the set".

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams are trying to turn the corner and start a new era with a new attitude, new FO and new coaching staff. They need good decisions, stability, discipline and teamwork, not infighting, loose cannons, bizarre behavior, bad citizens or any other distractions. Signing T.O. would be nuts and would fly in the face of everything the team is working towards.

JUST SAY NO TO T.O.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

T.O. has plenty of fans in Texas. They are very upset here in the Lone Star State. Some are saying that Romo better have a career year or his butt is gone for this. Watch T.O. show up in Minny. Fans are berating Romo today. If you think the fans are sick of T.O.'s outburst that just isn't true. They are sick of Romo/Simpson. They are sick of Romo going to Cabo a week before the playoffs. They are all over him for dropping the snap against the Seahawks. This is a revelation to me also. I didn't know the fan base here in Texas was so pro T.O. and anti Romo but it definately is.

Romo better step his game up this year or Cowboys fans will run him out of town.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -03-05-2009 at 07:26 PM.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am AlphaRam and I do NOT approve of this thread.

Screw TO and screw the Cowgirls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Cowboys reportedly release Owens

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Thanks for reasearching that for me HU. I think TO could move up easily in the rankings for the most teams played on.

Deion Sanders played on 5 teams. Did you miss him?
    Neon Deion isn't in the Hall yet. But when he is, he too will be on this list. Good catch, UB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

I think the Cowboys made a mistake. Unless Williams overcomes his bout with cranium rectumitis, the Cowboys have no threats in the passing game aside from Witten.

In the meantime, TO should return to the team that drafted him.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

number1ramsfan99 is offline Registered User

i would love to see him with us...i think that MIGHT be what we need for our team...it would make our air game more effective which would make our ground game more effective and with a lil work we MIGHT go all the way again

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Dump Holt and go after T.O.?

Quote Originally Posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
    T.O is not even close to being over rated! He actually goes out and preforms, yes he drops the ball, but he is a Spectacular NFL player. He helped make Tony Romo how good he was!!!

T.O goes out and tries all the time, he never half runs his routes, you are thinking of randy Moss when he was with the raiders! T.O is a distraction but he is a great NFL player and no where near over rated
    That's funny, because last I checked, T.O. was pretty notorious for dissapearing from games when he starting cry because the ball wasn't coming his way ...

EXTREMELY overrated. Wears his welcome out everywhere he goes ...

A-Web is offline Registered User

To the disdain of many others, I must oddly say, that I would support the acquisition of Terrell Owens. I believe under the correct contract deal, with a one year contract, he could be put on the spot to shut up and play. He has already been complimented by all his coaches and teammates on his work ethics in the weight room and on the practice field. He puts in more hours than everyone else, and he puts the performance on the field to prove it. Under a single year contract, he would understand the "no guarantees," as well as if you put plenty of "incentive" into the contract versus automatic money that he is guaranteed to receive. Under these two things, he would be forced to play, and he would have to do it well, and without distraction.

The best thing about the thought of bringing in TO lies in my next thought.

What is the one thing that TO had a problem with in Dallas? Ridiculous or not, it was his touches. Well, we don't have Jason Witten, or Roy E. Williams, or well...anyone that could take away from him. Basically, we are going to run the ball 2 out of every 4 plays, and then we would throw it to TO for the other 2. We have no other proven receivers at this point (Holt is requesting release, and Avery is well...still a rookie in alot of ways). There would be no touch "theives" to make him sad, so he would be happy.

Plus, I think having a quarterback without a personality would benefit TO. I imagine that TO would prefer his girlfriends mute, so that all they can do is perform, and keep their mouths shut so that he can do his stuff in peace. I picture it being ideal in the same way on the field. If you don't have a brain, and you throw TO the ball, TO will be very happy. You can't create drama with a person who has no personality, there just simply cannot be a fight. And I do not believe that Bulger has the capacity to feed any sort of potential drama.

Not to mention, Spags isn't Jerry Jones, or well...any of the coaches of TO recent. I am pretty sure that if there was a problem, Spags would just look at his hand, and think, "That Hole in the front of that man's face looks about the same size as my fist, and it's making annoying sounds. Maybe if I just *punch* fill that hole with the appropriate object, it will shut the F*&^ up."

Anyways, when my brother sent me a text message as I was up in the mountains in a cabin for the week on vacation, and it said that the Cowboys dropped TO, I kind of smiled at the thought, and you should too. There's a saying that goes, " If it aint broke, don't fix it," but I have my own saying,

"If it's broke, and you've been trying to fix it, but you are failing, do EVERYTHING YOU FREAKING CAN TO GET IT UN-BROKE!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234