Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keenum is offline Registered User

Crabtree threatens to sit out 09; re enter draft in 10

From PFT

The situation in San Francisco between the ***** and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the ***** that Crabtree will sit out the season and re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

There's also a growing chorus of league insiders who are speaking out against the widely-believed effort by Parker to blow up the slotting process with Crabtree. Teams obviously would contend that the unwritten rules of draft-pick negotiation ritual should be honored; however, some of the agents who arguably would benefit from the introduction of chaos privately have described efforts to blow the curve as "inappropriate" and "unacceptable" and "wrong."

And if Crabtree opts to re-enter the draft next year, the current thinking is that he wouldn't be the first receiver drafted. For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

Then again, if Crabtree is picked any higher than No. 10 after having a chance to engage in pre-draft workouts, he'd likely end up with more money than the slotting process currently would pay.

After, of course, waiting a year to get it.

This has got to be a bluff. Wouldn't teams pass over him next year, especially since it could be uncapped, and there's no telling how much money he would want?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Crabtree threatens to sit out 09; re enter draft in 10

The situation in San Francisco between the ***** and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.
    More like CRABTREE is quickly going from bad to worse, but that's no surprise to me. Keep up the good work Michael!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Bad news for a diva.
    Bad news for the whiners.
    I believe my thoughts can best be summed up by.........BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't buy that he'll sit out the season but, man... am I glad we didn't draft this guy!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Absolute craziness in every regard. I already posted on this A$$clown in another thread, so I don't know why I am wasting my tendons on anymore. But this kid seriously needs to be brought down to earth ...

It's unfortunate, because this seems to be an increasing trend with kids nowadays. They don't appreciate anything, they think everything should be handed to them. What this loser needs is his rear-end kicked around a few times. But he will probably never get to that point. He'll probably prove to run about a 4.7 40 yard dash, not be able to get any separation, and end up getting shot in a night club. That would seem to go along with his personality ...

But he'll have 40+ million dollars right??

It's such a dynamic situation because no team has ever really taken a stance againat a player like this. It would tickle me to death if the 49'ers told him to screw off, and he didn't play this year, got FORCED to see his lackluster speed in next year's combine, and became a 2nd round pick ...

Or maybe he could go play in the UFL and suffer a career ending ACL injury ..

Keenum is offline Registered User

I also heard on ESPN where Crabtree once refused to eat the food at some place he was at for football, and made somebody go out and get food from somewhere else.
    Guy seems like he could be a total jerk. I would love nothing more than for our DBs to shut him down twice a year!
    That is assuming he one day signs a contract, lol.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I wonder if it's as much about by whom he was picked as where in the draft.

I bet the guy wants to be a Cowboy. Isn't he from Dallas & also advised/trained pre-draft by Irvin?

That would be a win/win for The Rams, imo. If he becomes successful with Dallas, we don't have to deal with him twice a year. If he flops....hehehe. Couldn't happen to a nicer team outside the NFCW..except maybe The Patsies but I'm old school.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

This is crazy..it'd be great for him to sit out this season(which i doubt) then to get passed upon in next years draft..

general counsel is offline Registered User

I guess in the world of crabtree, the injury is irrelevant.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Oh god this is way too funny!!!

hahahhahahahha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

lol at the whiners....

rammiser is offline Registered User

Couldnt be happening to a better franchise LOL. I hope he signs for huge jack and then sucks, that would be the icing on the cake LOL Whiners hahahahahaha.
    Just Fix It

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Guy seems like he could be a total jerk. I would love nothing more than for our DBs to shut him down twice a year!
    That is assuming he one day signs a contract, lol.
    I'd love even more just to see the Whiners having essentially lost a 1st round pick because they couldn't sign the guy!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'd love even more just to see the Whiners having essentially lost a 1st round pick because they couldn't sign the guy!
    Yeah. I'm looking for a lose-lose situation here - the 49'ers lose their 1st round pick and get nothing for it and Crabtree sits on the couch for a year eating chips and then returns and gets picked in the 2nd round and loses millions and millions for his immature behaviour. That would be great news for the Rams and both parties would get what they deserve

I think it's pretty inconcievable that he would get more money waiting until next year - everybody's seen what a headache he is now.

LARAM is offline Registered User

He'll end up signing with the ***** sometime in the near future. He's getting bad advice from Neon Deion and Michael Irvin, as well as his agent. He 's gonna wake up and sign eventually. His foot is probably still screwed up, so it's not a priority for him to get into camp anyway. He's just playing a game with the ***** right now. But regardless. Let's all be grateful we didn't pick this guy up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast