Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Crouch news again...yet another new team

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    The tortoise did beat the hare, after all.
    Just kidding with ya Nick... :redface:

This space for rent...

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Apparently broadcasting NU games isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

He'll be gone before training camp.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

moklerman is offline Registered User

Well, there IS the example of Nolan Cromwell, who was QB for Nebraska.
    I'm pretty sure Nolan played for Kansas (Kansas St.?). Ferragamo played for Nebraska. Maybe that's who you're thinking of.

The sad part about these qb conversions is the one conversion that seems to be working out (pretty well on special teams AND defense) is Bellisari. Why did we let him go? Jacksonville just resigned him and the times that I actually watched the Jaguars he was always making plays. I guess you could say that Az Hakim worked out too, but I think he was a high school, not college, qb.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    The sad part about these qb conversions is the one conversion that seems to be working out (pretty well on special teams AND defense) is Bellisari. Why did we let him go? Jacksonville just resigned him and the times that I actually watched the Jaguars he was always making plays. I guess you could say that Az Hakim worked out too, but I think he was a high school, not college, qb.
    I believe you're thinking of Nick Sorensen, not Steve Bellisari. Sorensen began his college career at VA Tech as a quarterback but was primarily a college safety and linebacker over his final two seasons before entering the NFL as a safety. He wasn't like Crouch or Bellisari, who were quarterbacks all through college but tried to make the conversion upon entering the pros.

And Bellisari hasn't amounted to much of anything at any position that I'm aware of.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

What a bunch of crap! We have to move a thread, that is related to the Rams, into a non-related area because a couple of player worshipers find it necessary to work their never ending quest for what is never going to happen. This actually could have been an excellent discussion and a great topic, but a handful of vigilantes have to work it in their favor. I find this totally disgraceful and very childish. Next time when a Deacon, Youngblood or whomever article comes out I will make sure I post it in the appropriate area...Non-Rams related!

Man, this gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    What a bunch of crap! We have to move a thread, that is related to the Rams, into a non-related area because a couple of player worshipers find it necessary to work their never ending quest for what is never going to happen. This actually could have been an excellent discussion and a great topic, but a handful of vigilantes have to work it in their favor. I find this totally disgraceful and very childish. Next time when a Deacon, Youngblood or whomever article comes out I will make sure I post it in the appropriate area...Non-Rams related!

Man, this gets old.
    You are right. It is a bunch of crap. Now you know how it feels. And how is this related to the Rams? Cause he was an ex-player? At least "the one who shall not be named" did something as a Ram besides quit. Man, you are right. Disgraceful and childish. And old.

We can still have a good conversation about this, but since he has "moved on", this article belongs in this forum as you have said in the past (paraphrased).

And if I remember correctly, didn't Jack Youngblood play his entire career with the Rams? If so, I guess his discussions should be in the Rams forum. Deacon, on the other hand, played for three different teams (Rams, Chargers, Redskins). It could be here, but since he played most of his career with the Rams, I can see an exception being made.

That's it. You have made me slink to your level. I need to go wash my hands.

After cooling off, I came back to reread this. While I feel it is a little harshly worded and apologize for that, the basic intentions of what I wrote, I still believe. There are some here that decided that they had heard enough of the KW tragedy and shoved those that wanted to discuss it out. They set the standards and put the "rules" in place. Now they don't like it when it is used on something they want to discuss.

I am all for this post being in the RAMS forum. But, then again, I would like to be able to say KW in that same forum without being chastised. Can't have it both ways, I guess...

Besides all that. Doesn't everyone read all the messages in all the forums, or is it just me?
    Last edited by thoey; -01-27-2005 at 12:45 PM.
    This space for rent...

personally think the Kurt Warner issues is a totally different matter and it is brought into way too many issues that are totally unrelated. It is my belief...that when we talk about Kurt in a Rams sense (what he did for our team, MVP years, Super Bowl what ever) that it is Rams related. But when we talk about how much the guy is loved and missed and how well he played and how the Rams were out to screw etc... it is NOT Rams related.

What gets me is this one issue has completely divided a nation. Some people have to dwell on something that is history, done, over with, a mute point. This issue is damn near 2 years old, and still it haunts "fans of this team". I don't get it.

As for reading every section religiously....No. I do not. And choose not to engage into many conversations about non-related Rams material. Why, because of this very reason we are having this conversation. There is too much room for personal feelings and tends to only create more animosity among friends. And to be totally honest, I come here for Rams information not NFL news.

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    That's it. You have made me slink to your level. I need to go wash my hands.

Besides all that. Doesn't everyone read all the messages in all the forums, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    personally think the Kurt Warner issues is a totally different matter and it is brought into way too many issues that are totally unrelated. It is my belief...that when we talk about Kurt in a Rams sense (what he did for our team, MVP years, Super Bowl what ever) that it is Rams related. But when we talk about how much the guy is loved and missed and how well he played and how the Rams were out to screw etc... it is NOT Rams related.

What gets me is this one issue has completely divided a nation. Some people have to dwell on something that is history, done, over with, a mute point. This issue is damn near 2 years old, and still it haunts "fans of this team". I don't get it.

As for reading every section religiously....No. I do not. And choose not to engage into many conversations about non-related Rams material. Why, because of this very reason we are having this conversation. There is too much room for personal feelings and tends to only create more animosity among friends. And to be totally honest, I come here for Rams information not NFL news.
    I guess you don't see how hypocritical that sounds. Warner is gone. Crouch is gone. You don't want to talk about Warner any more (unless we only talk about certain aspects that you will entertain), so his threads are moved. But, you do want to talk about Crouch, someone who tarnished a Rams jersey, so it must go in the Rams forum.

And I especially love the quotes around "fans of this team". Like we are a lesser breed, or maybe you are saying it but only sarcasticly, and don't really mean it. Whatever Wraith...

Like you said, you don't get it. And that is fine, I won't knock you for it. But please show the same respect for those of us that "Do get it" and want to talk about it...
    This space for rent...

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Eric Crouch could be pretty good defensive back. I mean he knows about the position. He's thrown to enough of them.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The difference is that there is no danger that a single thread about Crouch on the main board might cause that issue to dominate the board for the next several days, weeks or months.

But what difference does that make? This is a discussion forum. More concisely, it is a Rams discussion forum where fans and others can come talk about Rams issues. Past and present. If you don't want to discuss KW, don't. If you do, go ahead. If you don't want to discuss Crouch, don't. If you do, go ahead. But let's not censor, or maybe a better term is discriminate against those that don't see the world the same as you.

This is probably the best Rams sight on the web. Don't try to over control it and take away the freedom of thinking that has lead it to be that way.
    This space for rent...

I think I have been very respectful. I have seldom participated in the topic of Warner or added my two cents to any conversation that had to do with subject. I have backed off when I know people are getting irritated. I have sympathized with the lose of the player. I have not spoke my mind about the whole subject out of respect to some posters. What more do you want me to do to pamper the discussion?? I know how strong some of you feel about this whole subject and very much respect that. But lets be honest and compare apples to apples here, not apples to oranges. Unless of coarse, you can say Warner and Crouch are on an equal playing field.

QUOTE=thoey]
    Like you said, you don't get it. And that is fine, I won't knock you for it. But please show the same respect for those of us that "Do get it" and want to talk about it...[/QUOTE]

I have little problems talking about Warner Thoey!! The problem is when the discussion takes up an entire board and buries all the current information I and others would like to read and discuss. You have to admit that there was a certain time last year where every post had something to do with Warner and people's frustration with the situation. It got to a point where I would come to the board and all it was a bunch of he said, she said crap. The substance of posts were awful. It was to the point where you had to weed through all the other unrelated issues to get training camp information or current roster stuff.

I really doubt this board is over controlled and I really don't believe you think that. It is just a subject that sits really hard with some people and I do sympathize with that. Take a step back and think of this. You badly want me to see it your way and except what you are saying and feel good about it. Why is it that you are unwilling to except the way I feel and are unable to move on from the issues?? Why is my way and my feelings so wrong??

But what difference does that make? This is a discussion forum. More concisely, it is a Rams discussion forum where fans and others can come talk about Rams issues. Past and present. If you don't want to discuss KW, don't. If you do, go ahead. If you don't want to discuss Crouch, don't. If you do, go ahead. But let's not censor, or maybe a better term is discriminate against those that don't see the world the same as you.

This is probably the best Rams sight on the web. Don't try to over control it and take away the freedom of thinking that has lead it to be that way.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

But, then again, I would like to be able to say KW in that same forum without being chastised.
    You can't even type out his name without being admonished? That's news to me. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but when I've seen people warned about this, it has been because of the direction they're taking the topic, not because they merely mentioned his name.

Anyways, I don't think it's appropriate to delegate discussion on one former Ram to this forum while other former Rams can be brought up in the Ram forum. Consistency is needed in terms of what can be discussed where.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

We have to move a thread, that is related to the Rams, into a non-related area...
    Man, if I knew my sarcasm was going to force the mod's into doing something I would have chosen a lot better action to "force" them into.

Personally, I would have preferred the article to stay in the Rams/Rams related board. I just couldn't ignore the double standard. Bad me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast