Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Curtis hires new agents

Sports > Rams > Story
    Kevin Curtis gets new agents
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    03/10/2007

Wide receiver Kevin Curtis plans on hiring California agents Bruce and Ryan Tollner to finish what has been a difficult free-agent process for the former Ram.

"I don't know if it's Saturday or Sunday when I can hire a new agent, but I don't intend on it taking a lot of time," Curtis told reporters Friday in Philadelphia.

Once an NFL player fires an agent, there is a mandatory five-day waiting period before hiring a new one.

Curtis has made four visits since the start of the free agency period March 2: to Minnesota, Detroit, the New York Giants and Philadelphia. But he fired agent Tom Condon after the visits to Minnesota and Detroit. Curtis declined to go into specifics on why he replaced Condon.

"I have a lot of respect for my former agent," Curtis said. "He does a good job. It just wasn't working out. No one to blame; just a personal decision."

His main objectives are playing for a playoff contender preferably in a warm-weather city and being a starter. Minnesota and Detroit, the two visits arranged by Condon, could offer him a starting job. But neither can be considered a legitimate playoff contender. And they aren't warm-weather venues, either.

The visits set up by Curtis after firing Condon to the New York Giants and Philadelphia don't offer warm weather. But both were 2006 playoff teams, and Curtis probably would start for either club.

"I want to be on the field, playing," Curtis said. "I've accepted my role and loved every minute of it in St. Louis, and played with some great wideouts out there. But I'm definitely excited about the thought and the opportunity to play more."

Curtis headed back to his home in Utah following the visit to Philadelphia. Buffalo, Green Bay and Tennessee also have expressed interest, but Curtis would prefer not to make more trips

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Curtis hires new agents

IT sounds like Curtis might have found a home...

this was found on an Eagles site.

Kevin Curtis

He loves the Eagles fan base and was impressed with the organization. He wants to start.

He will have an agent by tomorrow and will have a deal somwhere by Saturday or Sunday.

He'd love to play in a scheme like the Eagles. He sat with Marty Morningwheg and thought he'd have a great role in the offense.

Curtis sat with Andy today... Andy is in the house apparently, not "working from home."

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I hope that Curtis gets what he wants. He deserves more playing time and it does not look like Linehan is going to give that to him.

I hope he does well for some other team. I wonder what team he is talking about if he is bringing up warm weather and playoff contender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I hope that Curtis gets what he wants. He deserves more playing time and it does not look like Linehan is going to give that to him.

I hope he does well for some other team. I wonder what team he is talking about if he is bringing up warm weather and playoff contender.

San Diego, most likely. Although I've heard they have no interest in him. I agree he does deserve a shot. Had we not had to HOF faithfulls on our team I'm sure he would have had a shot here. GOOD LUCK KEVIN!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT View Post
    Sports > Rams > Story
    Kevin Curtis gets new agents
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    03/10/2007

Wide receiver Kevin Curtis plans on hiring California agents Bruce and Ryan Tollner to finish what has been a difficult free-agent process for the former Ram.

"I don't know if it's Saturday or Sunday when I can hire a new agent, but I don't intend on it taking a lot of time," Curtis told reporters Friday in Philadelphia.

Once an NFL player fires an agent, there is a mandatory five-day waiting period before hiring a new one.

Curtis has made four visits since the start of the free agency period March 2: to Minnesota, Detroit, the New York Giants and Philadelphia. But he fired agent Tom Condon after the visits to Minnesota and Detroit. Curtis declined to go into specifics on why he replaced Condon.

"I have a lot of respect for my former agent," Curtis said. "He does a good job. It just wasn't working out. No one to blame; just a personal decision."

His main objectives are playing for a playoff contender preferably in a warm-weather city and being a starter. Minnesota and Detroit, the two visits arranged by Condon, could offer him a starting job. But neither can be considered a legitimate playoff contender. And they aren't warm-weather venues, either.

The visits set up by Curtis after firing Condon to the New York Giants and Philadelphia don't offer warm weather. But both were 2006 playoff teams, and Curtis probably would start for either club.

"I want to be on the field, playing," Curtis said. "I've accepted my role and loved every minute of it in St. Louis, and played with some great wideouts out there. But I'm definitely excited about the thought and the opportunity to play more."

Curtis headed back to his home in Utah following the visit to Philadelphia. Buffalo, Green Bay and Tennessee also have expressed interest, but Curtis would prefer not to make more trips
    Minnesota and Detroit may not be warm outside but they play in domes.:x

Philly and New York are outdoor teams and it get's COLD!!!