Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da Bears......

Drew is offline Registered User

Da Bears......

It is then..... Rex better have the game of his life in a fortnight!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Da Bears......

da bears and sexy Rexy are having a good day. It looks like the cinderalla story for the Saints is coming to an end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's Super Bowl Shuffle Time, Chicago!

Bears played a great game. It's nice to see Lovie find success as a head coach. Congrats Chicago!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Payton threw this game away, I was shocked to see how bad a game he called. The turning point was when the Saints had pulled within 14-16, they had taken over the ball near their own endzone. And then Payton decided to bring out the Mad Mike airshow style offense resulting promptly in a safety. Still not out of the game Payton continues calling purely passing plays, at this point I'm just speechless, the end result: 49 pass plays, 12 rushing plays. I can understand why the Saints were passing the ball when they were down 0-16, but to continue with almost no rushing after they caught up was 100% stupidity. Payton had a great season, but this game is almost all on him IMO. The Saints were holding the Bears offense for much of the game, Brees was effective (despite being forced to pass every play), Bush had a couple of electric plays, the Saints had what it took to beat the Bears, but they threw it away.

If anyone should share some blame on the Saints staff it would be the defensive coordinator for not helping out Fred Thomas, the Bears were abusing him badly all day (I can't recall seeing one player abused so bad in a long long time). And yet they left him on an island all game, Rex Grossman's lone passing TD came on a super predictable series in which all 4 passing plays were against Thomas, first a couple of comeback routes to set it up, then the long route. extremely predictable, the announcers here even called it way before it happened (as did I, and probably thousands of football fans around the world). And yet the Saints defensive staff did nothing to stop it, they must have seen it coming, or they're blind.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed here as I'm sure you can tell from my long rant. I hope the Bears go all the way now, even though they're a really boring team to watch.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I honestly thought after the first half the bears were going to lose it, with the way rex was playing all. But i'm glad they won, they have been the best team in the nfc for most of the season.

[quote=RamOfDenmark;155769]Payton threw this game away, I was shocked to see how bad a game he called. quote]

i hope thats a typing error and you aint got a crystal ball there!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

See ya New Orleans. I've always hated the Saints, their fans and their players. Classic example, Reggie Bush who is a punk IMO, taunting Urlacher as he went into the endzone, then doing a flip and then a lame dance. Their "Cinderella Story" was wearing way too thin too. Congrats to Lovie and the Bears.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    i hope thats a typing error and you aint got a crystal ball there!
    I was talking about Saints head coach Sean Payton there. But I see what you're saying, I too hope Peyton Manning doesn't throw the game away tonight, as I'm writing it's still up in the air but looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Reggie Bush who is a punk IMO, taunting Urlacher as he went into the endzone, then doing a flip and then a lame dance.
    I agree, taunting Urlacher like that was definitely not classy, I was sure they would flag Bush for that. It should have been a 15 yard penalty, I don't see why it wasn't called.

[quote=RamOfDenmark;155790]I was talking about Saints head coach Sean Payton there. But I see what you're saying, I too hope Peyton Manning doesn't throw the game away tonight, as I'm writing it's still up in the air but looking good.

i got ya my bad thanks for typing in bold letters it helps when you dealing with a drunk,i dont think they`ll be blaming sean payton for anything in New Orleans for quite some time,the man should be made King of the City!
    Last edited by Drew; -01-21-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Classic example, Reggie Bush who is a punk IMO, taunting Urlacher as he went into the endzone, then doing a flip and then a lame dance.
    Supposedly he apologized, if that changes anything.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I'm sure Urlacher cares about his apology... SCOREBOARD

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    I agree, taunting Urlacher like that was definitely not classy, I was sure they would flag Bush for that. It should have been a 15 yard penalty, I don't see why it wasn't called.
    I agree, it should've got flagged.

I will always been a big fan of Lovie Smith. He was a great coach for the Rams (and Tampa for that matter) and probably deserved to be called up to coach long before he did. He's a class act all the way and deserves his chance at another ring.

:l

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Peyton did call a bad game, completely going away from the Deuce. There were times he got away from him last week vs the Eagles too. Deuce is a far better player then Bush and I hope Peyton doesn't get mesmerized by Bush and Brees in the future.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

ROD,

I could not agree more with your summary of the game.

I guess most of the guys here think that Urlacher is the consumate gentleman on the field and never spoke nary a word of smack or ... to any of his opponents. Pleez.:x

From Santa Barbara, lifelong RAMS Fan, Dodgers, Kings and Lakers fan, but live in the big sleazy for about 10 painful years and I have to say the fans down here are pretty fantastic and hospitable considering the fact they have been supporting one of the most woeful teams in all pro. sports.

After katrina, it is nice to see something positive for a community that has suffered sooo much and forgotten by the idiots in dc and the rest of the us.

I guess residing in a state where pelosi and feinstein rule it must be ez to be always negative while being stuck in traffic.

Bush's enthusiasm was not classless like the pats last week in sd. He may have been a little too excited to get his team back into the game but as the scoreboard indicated it does not really matter. He should have been flagged but maybe the refs saw some similiar stuff from da bears that fox did not share ...

Bush's committment to a beleagured community and the examples we see of him in said community form our local media would make it difficult for any objective person to cast stones at him.

I should know as I hate sc and pete carroll as a fan but have come to admire BUSH as a person of good will and a role model for the oppressed children and everone in this community.

It has been AWESOME to observe the energy and excitment that the Saints have generated for this region.

GEAUX PEYTON!

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Payton threw this game away, I was shocked to see how bad a game he called. The turning point was when the Saints had pulled within 14-16, they had taken over the ball near their own endzone. And then Payton decided to bring out the Mad Mike airshow style offense resulting promptly in a safety. Still not out of the game Payton continues calling purely passing plays, at this point I'm just speechless, the end result: 49 pass plays, 12 rushing plays. I can understand why the Saints were passing the ball when they were down 0-16, but to continue with almost no rushing after they caught up was 100% stupidity. Payton had a great season, but this game is almost all on him IMO. The Saints were holding the Bears offense for much of the game, Brees was effective (despite being forced to pass every play), Bush had a couple of electric plays, the Saints had what it took to beat the Bears, but they threw it away.

If anyone should share some blame on the Saints staff it would be the defensive coordinator for not helping out Fred Thomas, the Bears were abusing him badly all day (I can't recall seeing one player abused so bad in a long long time). And yet they left him on an island all game, Rex Grossman's lone passing TD came on a super predictable series in which all 4 passing plays were against Thomas, first a couple of comeback routes to set it up, then the long route. extremely predictable, the announcers here even called it way before it happened (as did I, and probably thousands of football fans around the world). And yet the Saints defensive staff did nothing to stop it, they must have seen it coming, or they're blind.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed here as I'm sure you can tell from my long rant. I hope the Bears go all the way now, even though they're a really boring team to watch.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    I will always been a big fan of Lovie Smith. He was a great coach for the Rams (and Tampa for that matter) and probably deserved to be called up to coach long before he did. He's a class act all the way and deserves his chance at another ring.

:l
    Sorry for being picky but when Tampa won their SB Lovie was with us and when we won ours Peter Giunta was our DC ,Lovie was our DC in the SB against the Pats but alas........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast