throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

damione lewis signs with carolina

two year deal at between 3 and 4 million per year. He gets an additional 300k for every shot to the opponents groin, unless he is flagged for doing so, in which case he only gets an extra 50k per shot. With these incentives, he can make about 8 million per year given his uppercut.

This is the single biggest overpay i have ever seen.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Sauceman60 Guest

Re: damione lewis signs with carolina

lol...that was funny

Tony Soprano Guest

Carolina signs the 'Invisible Man'

Every Sunday for 4 hours Lewis becomes Invisible.
    That's gotta be worth something.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Wasn't he a first rounder for us? Didn't do much here! Time we get rid a turkey dinner and get us a winna!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

coy bacon Guest

Why thank you Mr. Carolina. Your altruistic and selfless sacrifice of your D is truly appreciated.

I guess we won't have to worry about Carolina next season.

Shazam~!

There's a sucker born every minute.

I can see Mr. Lewis from my chair. He has a smile on his face from ear to ear. And, he's got a big ol hoagie in one hand, and a pizza in the other.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    two year deal at between 3 and 4 million per year. He gets an additional 300k for every shot to the opponents groin, unless he is flagged for doing so, in which case he only gets an extra 50k per shot. With these incentives, he can make about 8 million per year given his uppercut.
    Well that's good then. At the very least, maybe we won't have to listen to you whine about the shot to the groin area anymore.

It's football man. Stuff happens. It's been that way forever.

moklerman Guest

I think these additions by subtractions will probably be helpful for the Rams D, but I have a hard time really evaluating how good or bad some of these ex-Rams really were. I mean, the Marmie D made it really hard to see if it was the players or the scheme. I know I wouldn't want the Rams to pay what these guys got from other teams to find out. I don't think Haslett has any qualms about cleaning house on D and making it his own, which to this point seems to be a good thing. Haslett is likely a much better DC than HC so the Rams are looking good so far.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

hmm what he'd do for us again??

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

general counsel is offline Registered User

Sorry that you view my comments as "Whining" ferter. I view that post as a cheap shot that is beneath you, but i respect your right to say whatever you want on the board.

I view it as football humour and while i appreciate that you dont think its funny, others do. The fact that a blatant cheap shot right in front of the ref after the play was over cost us a rare defensive stop in a close game was certainly no laughing matter at the time.

The point of the post was that it was a ridiculous overpay. rather than the nutcracker comment, do you disagree with the point of the post or have any other editiorial comments in that regard.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Sorry that you view my comments as "Whining" ferter. I view that post as a cheap shot that is beneath you, but i respect your right to say whatever you want on the board.

I view it as football humour and while i appreciate that you dont think its funny, others do. The fact that a blatant cheap shot right in front of the ref after the play was over cost us a rare defensive stop in a close game was certainly no laughing matter at the time.

The point of the post was that it was a ridiculous overpay. rather than the nutcracker comment, do you disagree with the point of the post or have any other editiorial comments in that regard.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Agreed that it was a ridiculous overpay GC. Good luck nutcracker.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

Rampage39 Guest

He should do well considering he has Peppers and Jenkins next to him. Didn't do anything for the rams but i wish him lucky anyway.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Perhaps I have misunderstood you GC since the groin shot occured? I do remember you voicing some of the heaviest criticism at the time and now you mention the incident every time you mention his name.

My apologies to you if it has all been done in the name of good humor. I was under the impression it was being done in a disparaging manner. Certainly the Rams have other players who have made mistakes on and off the field.

Players do foolish things during games all the time. Often it happens outside of the cameras view. Biting, spiting, eye gouging, low blows, and other various cheap shots. When they get caught fans often use them as scapegoats among a group of peers that are hardly saints.

As far as being the biggest overpay ever, well that's hard to say. Overpaid in NFL standards? Perhaps. But relatively speaking all pro athletes are overpaid. Even the ones who never get caught.

Last edited by Curly Horns; -03-13-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Agreed that it was a ridiculous overpay GC. Good luck nutcracker.
    Agreed rb,GC, that's a stupid amount of money for a first round bust with 12 sacks in 5 years.

It's a whole new definition for the term 'bag snatching'...........

Speaking of which, I played football for 10 years and never got punched in the nads once. Maybe something of cultural significance in the great game of football got lost in it's journey over the Atlantic?

Either that, or there's a real unusual version of the game out there...............

majorram is offline Registered User

I was so disappointed with Lewis, it will be interesting to see what he does next to peppers and Jenkins, ton of money to pay though......

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Rip32 Guest

With the talent around him his numbers will probably get better,the more I thinnk about it the more I realise what a bad pick he was #12 overall we could have picked Stroud,Hutch,Clements,Todd Heap.

That whole 02 draft class we had 4 picks within the first 42 picks and we picked Lewis(gone)Arch(gone)Pickett(probably gone)Polley(gone)

The reat of the draft was not much better Brian Allen in the 3rd,Milton Wynn and Manu in the 4th,Francis St Paul in the 6th

The only good pick was JB in the 5th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast