Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: damione lewis signs with carolina

Quote Originally Posted by majorram
    I was so disappointed with Lewis, it will be interesting to see what he does next to peppers and Jenkins, ton of money to pay though......

steve:clanram:
    This makes me wonder what their line will look like. They now have Jenkins (335 lbs), Kemeatoua (350 lbs) and D-Lew (295 lbs). At first glance, one would think D-Lew is just a back-up, but with Jenkins only playing 5 games in 2 years, maybe D-Lew will find himself next to MK more than Jenkins.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

gc, i agree with you and also find your comments about lewis, they are :clanram: funny and right on the mark,after the week you had no one should be making those type of comments about you ,a little humor doesnt hurt anybody.

general counsel is offline Registered User

My last point on this topic. There is a HUGE difference in my opinion between "players make mistakes" and players take intentional cheap shots to the groin of another player. Do players do it? Sure. Does that make it right? No. To me, thats not what the rams stand for and i dont want a cheap shot artist on the team, including the likes of a romanowski that spits in a players face. Granted, i cant see everything that goes on during the play, especially in the trenches. I am not going to take the attitude of "get over it" when a ram acts like a classless turd representing the horns on the field. If that means I am "whining about it" so be it. I prefer to view it as defending the integrity of what the rams stand for and by no means am i saying that anyone else has to agree with me on this or anything else.

To me, and this is only my view and i respect that people can differ, there is a big, big difference between a late hit out of bounds in frustration, which i am not defending, and a shot in the nuts. In the heat of the moment, fights break out all the time. Name me one single time when you have seen a highlight of something as blatantly classless and intentional as what lewis did. Go watch the replay. It wasnt a punch in the stomach where the guy bent over and it happened to hit him in the nuts. It was a blatant intent to take a full uppercut punch into his groin.

Does everyone here remember how we all felt when rodney harrison took the cheap shot at trent green and knocked him out for the year? The replay showed that harrison went after greens knee. would anyone on this board have defended rodney harrison and said "well players make mistakes, get over it, its part of the game" or would we have said "that is not rams football, its a classless act"

Everyone is certainly entitled to their view as to whether what lewis did was a big deal or not. I havent made this point in a serious way in a long time, i have only been kidding around regarding the nicknames and banter. Now that he is gone, i am thrilled to see him go and i couldnt care less what he does. I wish arch well, he represented the horns with class, this guy is a loser and a bust.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Maybe Lewis and Ryan Leaf can get together and hit each other in the groin and see who cries first. Leaf .......... now that was the overpay of the century!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I do not condone what Lewis did. There is the possibility that it was done in retaliation, but that of course does not make it right. There is also the possibility that the shot was not meant for the groin area. It was definitaly a wild swing in frustration and he is not a pugilist. Even they have the occasional errant swing and sometimes it's probably not errant.

I doubt he is proud of the action and I'm sure he would take it back if he could. He has no history of being a cheap shot artist and time will tell if it was a one time occurance. I guess my point is, until I see him do that again or become a cheap shot artist, I'm not going to be too harsh and ridicule the guy to no end.

As far as representing the Horns, I guess it depends on who is wearing them? Dick Lane is famous for his "Night Train Necktie". A fashionable cheapshot that could have critically injured another player.

Deacon Jones made no apologies for his headslap and the fact that he was out to injure or as he put it "Kill the QB on every play".

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Yea, but at least Lane and Jones did what they did during the play. Lewis's shot was after the whistle. Not that they makes any of the three right or wrong, but I think there is a difference.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Lewis has hit the trail with Clark....Too bad ,so sad ,bye bye!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Milan is offline Registered User

What happened with lewis and the groin hitting?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    What happened with lewis and the groin hitting?
    Lewis was knocked to the ground on a play and as he started to get up he took a wild swing towards the opposing players midsection. The punch appeared to hit the other player in the groin area. Afterwards, Lewis issued an apology and was fined by the league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12