Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Danario Alexander

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Danario Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Unlike Danny 'Humpty Dumpty' Amendola? Already knocked out of today's game...again.
    Really? did we watch the same game? I saw a guy play through pain and make a HUGE contribution to the team....THE WHOLE GAME

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Unlike Danny 'Humpty Dumpty' Amendola? Already knocked out of today's game...again.
    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Really? did we watch the same game? I saw a guy play through pain and make a HUGE contribution to the team....THE WHOLE GAME
    Yep, bad game comprehension as well as bad nursery rhyme comprehension. If I'm not mistaken, after Humpty Dumpty was broken, he could not be put together again, and never played another down. Amendola on the other hand, just popped his collar bone back into place, and he was good to go in a few weeks. Now, all the king's horses and all the king's men, can't stop Danny from lighting it up again.

Back on topic, I'm hoping DX can keep himself intact.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Can't help but think we gave up on this guy way too soon. I can understand why but still... he's making plays everywhere for the Chargers. He would have been a great asset to have on a young offense.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Dx just had a great game today, 2 tds.... Why did we give up on DX so soon!!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Dx just had a great game today, 2 tds.... Why did we give up on DX so soon!!!!????
    Fisher made it clear that DX had to get on the field during the preseason to earn a spot, something he couldn't do because of injury issues. He was my favorite Ram and someone I have the utmost repect and admoration for, but I don't think the rams had much choice but to let him go. It was just an unfortinate situation.

Today he was incredible, and virtually unstoppable during the Chargers attempted comeback. I knew he was going to be a difference maker as he worked himself back into shape. I hope he can stay healthy and keep it going, because I love watching him play. Such talent, athleticism, and toughness. He's a special player.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Fisher made it clear that DX had to get on the field during the preseason to earn a spot, something he couldn't do because of injury issues. He was my favorite Ram and someone I have the utmost repect and admoration for, but I don't think the rams had much choice but to let him go. It was just an unfortinate situation.

Today he was incredible, and virtually unstoppable during the Chargers attempted comeback. I knew he was going to be a difference maker as he worked himself back into shape. I hope he can stay healthy and keep it going, because I love watching him play. Such talent, athleticism, and toughness. He's a special player.
    It seems like Fisher & Co gave more latitude to steve smith than DX. No way to know how it would have turned out. Second guessing always comes up when the team is not winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    It seems like Fisher & Co gave more latitude to steve smith than DX. No way to know how it would have turned out. Second guessing always comes up when the team is not winning.
    No doubt if they knew then, what they know now, we'd have DX making plays for us, but Smith played the entire preseason and made enough of an impression to make the roster. Again, an unfortunate situation for DX and the Rams.

No doubt if they knew then, what they know now, we'd have DX making plays for us, but Smith played the entire preseason and made enough of an impression to make the roster. Again, an unfortunate situation for DX and the Rams.
    Evidently he made enough of an impression in their eyes and that is basically what I was referring to by latitude.

But....

Did he impress you? I don't recall smith making one big play in preseason, as compared to what we had seen from DX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Evidently he made enough of an impression in their eyes and that is basically what I was referring to by latitude.

But....

Did he impress you? I don't recall smith making one big play in preseason, as compared to what we had seen from DX.
    He did not impress me at all, but he was healthy. Apparently, that was enough.

I would have saved a spot for DX, and took my chances with the knee.

He did not impress me at all, but he was healthy. Apparently, that was enough.

I would have saved a spot for DX, and took my chances with the knee.
    I agree and Thanks for giving me your opinion - That's what I was fishing for.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If hindsight and foresight were synonyms, then Charles Johnson, Thomas Lewis, Darnay Scott and Derrick Alexander would not have been drafted before Isaac Bruce.

The Rams cut a player who had a history of multiple knee surgeries and could not stay on the field in training camp and preseason. He's doing well now, but be honest... would you want to build around a guy with his injury history?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    He's doing well now, but be honest... would you want to build around a guy with his injury history?
    I wouldn't want to build around him or make him the centerpiece of the offense, but I would have no problem making him a compliment to the centerpiece, despite his injury history. I always felt his playmaking upside more than compensated for his injury downside. That's just the way I see it, but I can't second guess what the Rams decided to do. They took into account all the factors and made a reasonable decision.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Fisher was asked about DX today in his presser. He said he could not get on the field so they could not evaluate him. I guess game tape from last year was not enough.

Smith has been a huge disappointment. Benched again Sunday. I did not think he would be great but productive.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Fisher was asked about DX today in his presser. He said he could not get on the field so they could not evaluate him. I guess game tape from last year was not enough.

Smith has been a huge disappointment. Benched again Sunday. I did not think he would be great but productive.
    Yeah, game tape should have been enough given the flop that smith has been this year. Again, best wished for DX...he always gave us his best and when he played, he MADE a difference for us...unlike Smith.....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Yeah, game tape should have been enough given the flop that smith has been this year.
    You make it sound like Fisher preferred to keep a flop. At the time, Fisher was keeping the guy who looked like he was actually going to see the field on Sundays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast