Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Danario Alexander

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Danario Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You make it sound like Fisher preferred to keep a flop. At the time, Fisher was keeping the guy who looked like he was actually going to see the field on Sundays.

Really, I was simply questioning why the film of DX last year was not enough to help sway the decision to DX rather then a now bench warmer. While I am ceertain it was utlized as in depth as it should be, I think someone in Rams park had a real hankering for smith and it has now backfired......

I wonder if soon we will see a Salad thread lol

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Really, I was simply questioning why the film of DX last year was not enough to help sway the decision to DX rather then a now bench warmer. While I am ceertain it was utlized as in depth as it should be, I think someone in Rams park had a real hankering for smith and it has now backfired......
    mac, I have no doubt Fisher and Co. knew DX had big play ability, but they also knew he had major knee injury issues, as well as a lingering hamstring issue that had kept him off the practice field for weeks, and completely out of the preseason mix. Smith was on the field practicing, and played in all the preseason games, making catches. Like you, I would have taken a chance and saved a spot for DX, but the Rams obviously took the option of going with a guy they knew was going to be able to suit up on day one, as opposed to a guy that was not ready to play, and who's status was a big question mark. I didn't agree with giving up on DX, but as I mentioned before, I don't think you can really fault the Rams for making what was a reasonable decision at the time, given the circumstances.
    Nick likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    mac, I have no doubt Fisher and Co. knew DX had big play ability, but they also knew he had major knee injury issues, as well as a lingering hamstring issue that had kept him off the practice field for weeks, and completely out of the preseason mix. Smith was on the field practicing, and played in all the preseason games, making catches. Like you, I would have taken a chance and saved a spot for DX, but the Rams obviously took the option of going with a guy they knew was going to be able to suit up on day one, as opposed to a guy that was not ready to play, and who's status was a big question mark. I didn't agree with giving up on DX, but as I mentioned before, I don't think you can really fault the Rams for making what was a reasonable decision at the time, given the circumstances.
    Hi Mike,

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I hear you. Pains me to see him doing so well and we struggle with open receivers. But as I mentioned, glad for him
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Gee, if only we could use those draft picks we got from RGIII for a receiver. I mean, someone like.... Denario Alexander. What a joke to get rid of this guy.

He is going off in San Diego and was special when he got on the field. He is a young Randy Moss. I can't justify cutting him due to injury. I blame Fisher for not doing his research on this guy.

Oh, and compared to Quick - Denario started for the Chargers 4 days after he got to San Diego and has caught 80+ yards in every game and has 4 TD's. Quick is too dumb to run more than 1 or 2 plays per game, and drops balls after 6 months of being on the team..

And while I'm at it, we could use a receiver like Avery as well.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Gee, if only we could use those draft picks we got from RGIII for a receiver. I mean, someone like.... Denario Alexander. What a joke to get rid of this guy.

He is going off in San Diego and was special when he got on the field. He is a young Randy Moss. I can't justify cutting him due to injury. I blame Fisher for not doing his research on this guy.

Oh, and compared to Quick - Denario started for the Chargers 4 days after he got to San Diego and has caught 80+ yards in every game and has 4 TD's. Quick is too dumb to run more than 1 or 2 plays per game, and drops balls after 6 months of being on the team..

Hindsight is 20/20. We all wish DX was still on the team right now but he wasn't able to stay on the field at all in preseason and he missed half of the games he could have played in during the last 2 seasons. The decision making process at the time was sound because he was injury prone and taking up roster spots of other developing receivers and lets wait and see if he can stay healthy for a more than half a season before we declare him a young Randy Moss.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post

Oh, please. First of all, Danario Alexander has a long way to go before a Randy Moss comparison would be appropriate.

I'm sure the Rams' coaches and Front Office would benefit from your ESP, but you seem content to just second-guess after the fact. Kind of selfish of you, if you ask me.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Interesting comments from Norv Turner last week...

It seems defenses haven’t quite caught on yet to Danario Alexander.

So, he’s still catching.

The Chargers wide receiver continued his tear Sunday, making seven receptions for 88 yards and two touchdowns. He has led the team in receiving each of the past six games, and yet, not much has changed.

“He’s still seeing a lot of single coverage, a lot of matchups where he’s not getting the best (defensive back),” Turner said this week. “He’s getting the third DB, and he’s taking advantage of it, and I think we’re taking advantage of it, and Philip (Rivers) is.

“Usually, what happens is it swings a little bit. When you keep playing the way he’s playing, pretty soon he starts seeing some double coverage, and then Malcom (Floyd) is getting singled or (Antonio) Gates is getting a little more singled or you’re getting the backs out of the backfield. That’s usually how it goes through a period of time when one guy is having great production.”
    Perhaps the Panthers made a coverage adjustment today, because Alexander went catchless as the Chargers were eliminated from playoff contention.

Did anyone watch that game?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Perhaps the Panthers made a coverage adjustment today, because Alexander went catchless as the Chargers were eliminated from playoff contention.

Did anyone watch that game?
    I would have watched it, but even though I'm 160 miles from San Diego, the NFL puts me in blackout range for Chargers games. As a huge DX fan, I'm interested in what happened.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I would have watched it, but even though I'm 160 miles from San Diego, the NFL puts me in blackout range for Chargers games. As a huge DX fan, I'm interested in what happened.
    I hear you Mike... I'm here close to the OC and yet can't get the Chargers games on the package I pay for. But it's good to see the NFL is trying to expand it's market abroad. What a joke.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-17-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123