Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By macrammer
  • 1 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER

Thread: Danny Amendola is ‘day to day’

Rambos is offline Registered User

Danny Amendola is ‘day to day’

Danny Amendola

FOXBOROUGH -- A day after Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola missed his first practice of training camp, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he was “day-to-day.”

Amendola was also not at practice when the Patriots took the field after Belichick’s news conference.

He was among the same group of six players missing Tuesday’s practice, along with defensive end Jermaine Cunningham, cornerback Brandon Jones, tight end Rob Gronkowski, defensive tackle Armond Armstead, and wide receiver Mark Harrison.

Amendola was hit in the back of the head on his sixth and final reception of Friday night’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He left the field but returned two plays later. He was the intended target on what ended up being Brady’s final pass attempt of the night, a third-and-7 try.

Amendola, who has struggled with injuries in the past and played in just 12 games over the past two seasons, signed a 5-year, $31 million contract in March to replace Wes Welker as the Patriots’ slot receiver.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Danny Amendola is ‘day to day’

A source indicated to ESPNBoston.com that the absence isn't cause for major concern. More specifically, Amendola is dealing with a minor injury issue that is not head-related. The nature of the injury beyond that is unknown.
    'Day to day' Amendola absent again - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Interesting with Bill Belichick could be nothing or it could be something time will tell.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I watched a bit of the game.......Danny looked really good EXCEPT for his uniform.
    Rambos likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Unfortunately this is a big part of Danny's history. I'm not upset about it especially since he plays for the Pats now!

10 receptions and was all over the place.....despite still being affected by the groin.......if he plays all year he will have 100+ receptions.....IF....

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    10 receptions and was all over the place.....despite still being affected by the groin.......if he plays all year he will have 100+ receptions.....IF....
    New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola is almost certain to miss Thursday night's game against the New York Jets because of a groin injury, although it is too early to rule him out, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.

Yates: Filling the holes

YatesHow might the Patriots' offense cope without RB Shane Vereen and WR Danny Amendola? Field Yates breaks it down. Story

• Vote: Can Pats win minus Amendola?

Amendola's likely absence was earlier reported by NFL.com.

Amendola and running back Shane Vereen (wrist) were not spotted at the Patriots' walk-through Tuesday morning. Later in the day, Vereen, who rushed for 101 yards against the Buffalo Bills in a 23-21 Week 1 victory, was placed on injured reserve Tuesday with a designation to return.

Amendola turned in a 10-catch, 104-yard performance despite the injury. He had left Sunday's opener at the end of the second quarter but returned in the third.

Pats In Trouble Thursday?

RB Shane Vereen is already ruled out for Thursday's game versus the Jets, and WR Danny Amendola is likely to join him. If Amendola can't play, QB Tom Brady would be without two of his top three targets from the Patriots' Week 1 win. When targeting those two and WR Julian Edelman versus the Bills, Brady went 24-of-33 with two touchdowns. On throws to all other receivers, he was 5-of-19 with an interception.

*Four different receivers

-- ESPN Stats & Information

When asked after the game about his availability for Thursday's home opener, Amendola said, "I just feel good about the win; that's all that really matters to me. We'll figure everything else out later."

Amendola has been managing a groin injury since the Patriots' Aug. 16 preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"We've got a lot of good players in the locker room, so when people are injured, that's why you have a deep roster, guys that are -- you have confidence in, you've gained trust in, and I certainly have that at the skill positions," quarterback Tom Brady said Tuesday.

"We have a lot of good running backs, we have a lot of good receivers; we're trying to do the best we can this week to go out and win a very challenging game against a very good team."

Receiver Julian Edelman, who had seven catches for 79 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, was asked Tuesday what he'd say to young players who need to step in for an injured player.

"You always have to be prepared. It's a violent game out there and you're always one play away. It's not like college, where you have a backup for your kicker, two different types of kickers, a holder, 14 receivers," Edelman said. "Everyone that is on the team is ultimately going to have to contribute at some time in the season. You have to always be prepared for your opportunity."

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I watched some of the game, and Amendola played lights out, making several great catches. The problem is, he still plays with reckless abandon, and it looks to me that protecting his body is secondary to making the catch. I'm not sure that strategy has/will ever serve him well.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Fragiledola

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, that took all of ONE game..... He played with great heart and passion on the field, as always.

But as always, he's hurt, so now he's not on the field. Shame he can't stay healthy. But as a Patriot, I couldn't care less.
    Rambos likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

I admit to being a Danny HOMER. This guy is one of the reasons why I love football. Not drafted, no real big money until he proved himself. Reckless abandon. Huge heart. There were 4 teams I did not want him to sign with. ******, Seahawks, Cardinals and of course Patsies. Uugh. I do wish him well and hope to see him come back soon.

thoey is offline Registered User

<sigh> I knew better than to draft him in one of my Fantasy leagues. But, he was the BPA at that time...
    This space for rent...