Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: david carr status

Has there ever been a more wildly inconsistant starting Super Bowl qb? When Rex was good in '06, he was pretty good but when he was bad, he was horrendous. Ratings of 0 (yes, Z-E-R-O), 1.3 (!), 10.2, 23.7, 36.8, 63. He had some really nice ratings as well with multiple games of 100+. But it's hard to feel really optimistic about an injury prone, inconsistent to the Nth degree, QB. I don't think Grossman's got what it takes. All of that being said, I also don't feel that Carr is worth a first round pick. Carr is better than Grossman but giving up a first round pick isn't something that a team should generally do. There are a lot of qb's out there that Chicago could get for a lot less and still improve on their situation. They had one sitting on the bench that Lovie refused to put into the game so it's essentially irrelevant. It's fun to speculate, especially if you're high on a particular guy, but why on God's green earth would Lovie FINALLY decide to put in a different QB after the fact? If he didn't give up on Rexy with the abysmal performance he showed in the Super Bowl, I don't think there's any way that he'd do it now and throw in his first rounder to boot. Also, Chicago won't be back next year. They had a dream season but they will go the way of the Panthers, Seahawks, etc. The NFC team that has the weakest schedule and stays the healthiest will be in the Super Bowl. They aren't going to be getting special teams returns for td's and their roster will be depleted by free agency. They might make the playoffs but will likely have a down year.

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Re: david carr status

David Carr’s future with the Houston Texans remains in limbo. Owner Bob McNair remained non-committal about Carr on Tuesday, saying he is still being evaluated and any decision on whether the fifth-year quarterback returns next season will depend on what the Texans can accomplish in free agency. “David has been inconsistent, and we‘ve said that” McNair said at a Texas Bowl luncheon at the JW Marriott. “He’s had some good games and he’s had some games that haven’t been as good. He’s a tremendous athlete. We’ve got to get better consistency there, either with David or with some additional help. We need more consistency at quarterback.” McNair has not publicly endorsed Carr in recent months and has declined to speculate on the quarterback’s future with the team for the 2007 season.
    Just to ad to the speculation.

"There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12