RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Buffalo Signs DE Hargrove And DT Anderson

Buffalo's two restricted free agent defensive linemen have officially re-signed for the 2007 season. Defensive tackle Tim Anderson and defensive end Anthony Hargrove have both signed their qualifying offers.

Anderson and Hargrove were tendered by the Bills back in late February effectively giving the club the right of first refusal if either of them were signed to an offer sheet by another NFL team.

Both also carried compensation in the form of a third round pick, which likely acted as a deterrent for another team that may have been interested as no other team signed Anderson or Hargrove to an offer sheet.

The two defensive linemen had until April 27 to sign an offer sheet with another club had one been presented, but Anderson and Hargrove obviously felt such an offer probably wasn't coming.

Anderson, a former third-round pick of the Bills in 2003, appeared in 15 games in 2006 including five starts compiling 38 tackles.

Hargrove was acquired in a trade with St. Louis on Oct. 16 in exchange for a 2007 fifth-round pick. The former third-round draft pick finished the season with 25 tackles, a sack and a pass breakup as a Bill after playing in the final 10 games of the season.

Making Hargrove even more valuable was his ability to kick inside and play defensive tackle on obvious passing downs.

Both defensive linemen will compete for more playing time in defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's rotational scheme.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-17-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Re: DE Hargrove And DT Anderson Signed

I thought I would post this info on Hargrove because its always interesting to hear about how people you let go did. Especialy when they are young and you give up on them.

Two things I found interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    a sack and a pass breakup as a Bill after playing in the final 10 games of the season.
    Played in 10 games and only 1 sack.

Making Hargrove even more valuable was his ability to kick inside and play defensive tackle on obvious passing downs.
    I guess he needs to prove he can be consistently unproductive at two positions.

I am glad we went a different direction even though he may have made the decision for us.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

The thread title seems a little misleading. It sounds as if we signed them so I'd change the title.

But yea, Hargrove was trash last season. Buffalo fans said though that he was already a fan favorite and was pumping up the fans at the stadium.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    The thread title seems a little misleading. It sounds as if we signed them so I'd change the title.
    Your right I just copied it from the headlines. I noticed it also after posting and changed it. Even though I changed its not displayed unless your in the thread.

Buffalo fans said though that he was already a fan favorite and was pumping up the fans at the stadium.
    I always thought he could dance well after the play. It seemed like he would always show up some time after the play. IMO he needs to do a little less celebrating and a little more playing 1 sack in 10 games by a DE is not much to celebrate.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-17-2007 at 11:57 PM.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Lakers in 6.....................where did you go to school........Barney's!!!!!
    Yeah , he's a big purple dinosaur that sings crap and disappears on kids quite frequently,But that's besides the point.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!