Thread: DeSean Jackson

Rambos is offline Registered User

DeSean Jackson

He is a true playmaker, looks like the Eagles just don't want to pay this guy. Would you want him?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: DeSean Jackson

No thank you. Players in that lockeroom are now fed up with him. He cares only about the money, not the game. They say all hes doing is mopping around and continually complaining about the money. Players like him come and go all the time.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Ya and he missed the cardinals game due to the fact he over slept..........

That is the first time I have heard a player not playing because he didn't wake up.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll take him. We can trade Scott Linehan and Donnie Avery for him. Oh wait a minute........

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I don't blame him for wanting more money for his elite talent(read speed). The problem is the kid should have never reported to training camp. Its called holding out. Players do it all the time when they aren't happy with their contracts- and remember, he was a second round pick, not exactly Sam Bradford coin we are talking about. There is no such thing as team loyalty anymore. But since he decided to go that route, he should follow through. Go to meetings, keep your head up, try to help your team.

(BTW, this is exactly what we and several other teams were avoiding when we drafted Avery)

And speaking of Avery, what if Desean tears his knee up this season? Does anyone think the Eagles will pay him what he has earned?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I don't blame him for wanting more money for his elite talent(read speed). The problem is the kid should have never reported to training camp. Its called holding out. Players do it all the time when they aren't happy with their contracts- and remember, he was a second round pick, not exactly Sam Bradford coin we are talking about. There is no such thing as team loyalty anymore. But since he decided to go that route, he should follow through. Go to meetings, keep your head up, try to help your team.

(BTW, this is exactly what we and several other teams were avoiding when we drafted Avery)

And speaking of Avery, what if Desean tears his knee up this season? Does anyone think the Eagles will pay him what he has earned?
    He did hold out. The new rule says you must report before a certain date or you lose a year of free agency. So in other words, when this seasons done, he'd still have no choice but to play for the Pigeons.

And ultimately I think he's gone. He is definitely looking at Santonio Holmes money. Thats a lot to dish out to a player that doesn't give a damn about his team or the game. And who gets shut out for 3 games and then explodes for a big one.

Wildly inconsistent and overrated. If he was on the trade block (trade deadline passed) I wouldn't go after him.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He did hold out. The new rule says you must report before a certain date or you lose a year of free agency. So in other words, when this seasons done, he'd still have no choice but to play for the Pigeons.

And ultimately I think he's gone. He is definitely looking at Santonio Holmes money. Thats a lot to dish out to a player that doesn't give a damn about his team or the game. And who gets shut out for 3 games and then explodes for a big one.

Wildly inconsistent and overrated. If he was on the trade block (trade deadline passed) I wouldn't go after him.
    Learn something new everyday!

I suppose the main argument is that he signed a contract and he should honor that contract to the best of his abilities. Well if thats what the NFL wants, time for them to put their money where their mouth is, make all contracts guaranteed on their end as well. Its a wonder we are playing football right now...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Learn something new everyday!

I suppose the main argument is that he signed a contract and he should honor that contract to the best of his abilities. Well if thats what the NFL wants, time for them to put their money where their mouth is, make all contracts guaranteed on their end as well. Its a wonder we are playing football right now...
    I guess, but it'll never happen. Imagine he got injured his rookie year and could never play again? Or better yet imagine Bradford got paralyzed the first game of his life with the Rams...we'd be on the hook for $80 million dollars.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It's funny I have read so many fans on this board ripping the Rams for drafting guys using the four pillars and avoiding play-markers, like you have to be a thug to be a play-maker. In theory it's easy to point to guys that are making plays and say we should be getting players like these until they become a train wreck and hold the team hostage. Suh may have just cost the Lions the season with his actions.