Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Didn't we all see this coming?

Apr 8, 10:32 AM (ET)

By JOEDY McCREARY
    TUNICA, Miss. (AP) - Brett Favre, one of the NFL's great quarterbacks, is still unsure if he will play another year with the Green Bay Packers.

"No change. I don't know, once again," he said Saturday during a brief news conference from the site of his charity golf tournament. "I don't know why you guys wasted a trip down here. The Packers and I will make a decision at some point soon."

Once again, Farve is doing his annual 'Idunno' speech.

IMO, he needs to s*** or get off the pot!

raleigh_ram is offline Registered User

Re: Didn't we all see this coming?

What's his deal. Is he possibly talking to other teams? Does anyone what's going on? Any inside news or rumors?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

No idea I love the guy but I hope he knows that he is hurting the team by not deciding. They don't know what to do at all. I feel bad for the Packers not Favre. He is hurting them by not deciding yet.
    RamsFan16

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    No idea I love the guy but I hope he knows that he is hurting the team by not deciding. They don't know what to do at all. I feel bad for the Packers not Favre. He is hurting them by not deciding yet.
    How is he hurting them? If he comes back he plays, if he doesn't come back Rodgers plays. The Packers already have a plan for the draft with and without Favre so as long as he tells them before the draft the Packers are fine. I don't care for Favre, but he isn't hurting them yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

I somewhat agree with you Ramsbruce, but what is he waitng for? He needs to make a decision so the Packers org. can fully focus on the draft and free agents. If he stays, Rodgers is assumed to be his back up. But if he leaves they need to fill that hole. This could dramatically affect the draft and seriouslly affect us in the draft.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Just make ur decision already farve........ i want to see aaron rodgers play

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh_ram
    I somewhat agree with you Ramsbruce, but what is he waitng for? He needs to make a decision so the Packers org. can fully focus on the draft and free agents. If he stays, Rodgers is assumed to be his back up. But if he leaves they need to fill that hole. This could dramatically affect the draft and seriouslly affect us in the draft.
    I don't see the problem with him waiting. He and the Pack agreed that he would take his time. It's not like the Pack set a date for his answer and he refused. He has a lot of things to consider which is why I think he is waiting. He is still wondering how good the Pack will be. He is older, and missing out on time with his kids and wife, also his wife's health. So does he want to go through another year of that? Many important life decisions to consider for Favre before committing to the Pack for another year.
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Milan is offline Registered User

The thing with him waiting is that nobody knows how good Rodgers is. If he made the decision earlier, they could have gotten a proven NFL QB, like Brees or Culpepper, and developed Rodgers a little more.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    The thing with him waiting is that nobody knows how good Rodgers is. If he made the decision earlier, they could have gotten a proven NFL QB, like Brees or Culpepper, and developed Rodgers a little more.
    I doubt they would have gone for any names that big, but they could have at least brought in a veteran back-up and probably had room to spare to bring in another pretty good free agent with the room Favre's salary would free up. He should have decided what he was going to do before free agency, but I don't want to come down on him too hard. At this point coming back for another year would basically be a favor to the team; he doesn't need the money and at this point the Pack looks like it will be lucky to make the playoffs, much less have any hope of a Superbowl.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

In some ways I see this as similar to our situation with Faulk. We all want to see him return, but he has not yet ended the speculation.
    The difference is that Farve is making a HUGE production out of this, almost like he is trying to get attention, whereas Marshall has simply said he has to decide what is best for both him and the Rams. If Marshall decides to retire, I am almost sure he will let the FO know before the draft. Right now, I'd almost bet he's gonna stay another year.

Personally, I hope both of them play another year.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    The difference is that Farve is making a HUGE production out of this
    The big production part I can do without. But as for him taking his time deciding, he has earned that right, he also has many things to consider. I don't see anyone bashing Faulk for taking too long. If people want to bash Favre for making a production out of it ok, but Faulk is taking the same time as Favre. Also Favre is the starting QB for the Pack which is a lot more newsworthy than what Faulk the backup does, so people should put some blame on the media also for the big production.

Ramsbruce, I understand Farve has off the field issues, if they are more important than playing he should retire. My point was that the team could focus more on what decisions they want to make in the draft and after. Not knowing if Farve is going to stay or leave makes ii that more difficult to make decisions. Anyway as much as I admire Farve's character, enough said....my focus is on what the Rams are doing...LOL...Go Rams!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh_ram
    Ramsbruce, I understand Farve has off the field issues, if they are more important than playing he should retire. My point was that the team could focus more on what decisions they want to make in the draft and after. Not knowing if Farve is going to stay or leave makes ii that more difficult to make decisions. Anyway as much as I admire Farve's character, enough said....my focus is on what the Rams are doing...LOL...Go Rams!!!!
    That's exactly my point, Favre is trying to decide what is more important his family or playing football, so he deserves some time to make the right decision. Favre has given his life to the Pack for years, so yes it might make it easier for the Pack, but Favre has earned the right to take his time and make the right decision for both himself and the team.

With all that said I don't even like Favre, I just don't see what the big deal is with Favre taking his time. No one is bashing Faulk for taking his time. The media is making more of this than there really is.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I hope Favre does come back, im sure our DBs will love him lofting up passes against us. He has only gotten worse after a certain NFC championship game

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

actually that may have been a divisional round game, but my memory is a tad hazy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast