Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.

Unhappy Dire Visions Of Our Future

An interesting passage in one of my many books. Thought some would find this...intriguing if not foreboding.

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
    From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
    The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
    Fire approaches the great new city..."

"In the city of York there will be a great collapse
    2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
    while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
    third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

{Nostradamus}

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    C'mon Atlas, quit with that. I believe Nostradomus was a smart man, but some of that stuff is so intrepretable to each of us that it really dosen't need to be published. Hey, I am a Vet, and for that I can say this without shame or ridicule; if we must go let's go. Hey, it is out of our hands now, they started it. We should just finish it. If the Marine Corps needs a 37 year old Medic, I am right back in Baby. I was there when the Stark burned, I will be there to see Kabul burn if I must.

I believe Nostradomus was one of the few who could "see" for real. He was right on the money for those willing to read and accept what is there. That's not to say I don't think we should blow the ****ers to the farthest reaches of hell. We should and we will.

My father was a member of the armed forces for thirteen years. Grewing up in the military, I have no love for it. Nor the politicians that run our country. But make no mistake. I love this land. And I will gladly stand and fight amoungst my brothers and die to make it a land of peace for my little sister.

The politicians care little for the common man. But the worst thing those dirty ****ers could ever do was target Washington. In doing so, they made the politicians realize the truth of their own mortality. Now the politicans are forced to see that they are just as likely to die as the couragous soldiers that order to their deaths.

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve"

{Admiral Yamamoto-After the bombing of Pearl Harbor}
    Amen brothers. No that truer words have never been spoken. Now that politicians will allow us to do what the American people have wanted for ten years...Erase those *******s from the Earth.

He died to make men holy. They died to make men free.
    Last edited by Atlas; -09-17-2001 at 12:56 AM.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

Blankman17 is offline Registered User
    Atlas,

I have some info that may calm your nerves a bit. The above quatrain you posted has been floating around the internet. It's a hoax, false. The fake quatrain comes with a date of 1658 or thereabouts, but Nosty died around 1555, give or take a year. The actual quatrains are VERY vague and nothing like the above. Hope this has helped.

Lightbulb

I'm not worried. Just thought this topic would be interesting. It's something I have found...to be unusual and very intriguing. If my research is on target, the following passages seem to be perfectly resonable to me and make plenty of sense. For those that read carefully, they will see that there may be something to the quatrains. Taken fromTime and Nostradamus-World Predictions

"Aupres des portes et dedans deux cites
    Seront deux fleux et oncques n'appercu un tel;
    Faim, dedans peste, de fer hors gens boutes
    Crier secours au grand Dieu immortel "
    Century two, verse six
    Slightly adjusted to read:-

"Aupres des portes et dedans deux cites
    Seront deux fleux et donc tel que n' un apercu
    Dedans faim peste, hors de fer gens boutes,
    Crier secours au grand Dieu immortel."
    "Next to the doors and inside two cities
    Will be two such scourges that there can be no intuition;
    Inside, hunger curses; out of the iron spear, the finished people
    Will cry for help to the great, immortal God."
    In this interpretation, the "two cities" may the twin towers of the World trade centre, though it can be argued that the phrase refers to New York and Washington. Perhaps both are intended. Each tower housed as many people as a major city in the time of Nostradamus. "Doors" also indicates buildings.
    The second line is right; that a passenger airliner would be hijacked and used as a flying bomb to destroy each tower was unthinkable before it happened. So, too, with the strike on the Pentagon.
    The first words of the third line suggests two possibilities; the "hunger" that curses may be the natural desire for simple revenge, but Nostradamus may be warning that satisfying this hunger may bring down evil on the perpetrators. The second possibility is that it could be a direct reference to the current circumstances in Afghanistan, which is more and more appearing to be the prime target for any retaliation. Ninety-five per cent of the people of Afghanistan have probably not even heard of the attack on New York. They have no post, telephones, radio or television. The people are facing starvation because there has been drought for three years, and now the UN and all the aid agencies have pulled out. "Inside hunger curses" may be decribing this situation.
    Fer means "iron". Fer de lance is a spear. Iron is heavy, but this is iron that flies through the air. People are inside some kind of iron vessel. I suggest that this is as near as Nostradamus wanted to go in this verse to describing an aircraft. The people, the passengers inside, know that they are finished and call out in their last moments to "the great, immortal God".
    I expect this is also true of the fanatical terrorists.

"Le dard du ciel fera son estendue,
    Mors en parlant; grand execution:
    La pierre en l'arbre, la fiere gent rendue,
    Bruit humain monstre purge expiation. "
    Century two, quatrain 70.
    Slightly adjusted again:

"Le dard du ciel fera son estendu,
    Mort en parlant: grand execution:
    La pierre en l'arbre; la fiere gens rendu,
    Bruit humain monstre purge expiation."
    "The sting from heaven will bring about its own extended, eloquent death, a great execution: the stone in the tree, a proud people restored. Colossal human noise serves expiation."
    Those three aeroplanes can be said to have resembled giant deadly insects homing in on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon. So, too the third aeroplane that crashed in Pennsylvania, prevented for succeeding in its deadly mission by brave passengers.
    The terrorists executed thousands by this act. The proud people, Americans, are restored by the colossal voiced support and sympathy from people across the planet.
    But what of "the stone in the tree"? Perhaps it is a metaphor; the stone (meaning the rubble cascading down) lodged in the tree of life of this great city. But l'arbre has a secondary meaning: shaft. "The stone in the shaft" strikes a sharper note. It suggests lift shafts blocked by rubble before the towers fell. There may be one or two more quatrains which may also describe these apocalyptic events. If so, I shall put them up here. But I have to say that I do not agree with some of those suggested, particularly 1.87. I shall explain why in a further addition.
    See you soon.
    Valerie Hewitt

{Vince Lombardi}

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Atlas, buddy, you need football. You have had way too much time on your hands. I'm sorry, I don't see it. Your interpretation can be seen as much a fairy tale as good ole Nost himself. However, keep digging buddy. It seems important to you.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    txramsfan,you hit the nail on the head.I think we all need football right now.This is my first post in quite a few days.I wanted to post earlier,but couldnt bring myself to do it.Everything I wanted to write just seemed trivial.My depression turned to anger and right now I need to worry about Rams football.I also am a veteran and I know that we are headed for tough times,but what I want to worry about right now is the Whiners game.I think we all need the release that the NFL/MLB/MOVIES/OR ANYTHING ELSE can bring us.I know our lives and this season will be forever changed,but I hope we can still salvage some enjoyment out of the simple pleasures in life.

GO RAMS!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Rickstir is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Internet baloney

Check out www.truthorfiction.com there is a page on
    America Under Attack that lists this and many other hoaxs. Please remember, just because its on the internet, doesn't mean its true. There are a LOT of wierdo, techno lovers out there with absolutely nothing to do but spread this crap.
    Go Rams!
    Rickstir

Re: Internet baloney

Originally posted by Rickstir
    Check out www.truthorfiction.com there is a page on
    America Under Attack that lists this and many other hoaxs. Please remember, just because its on the internet, doesn't mean its true. There are a LOT of wierdo, techno lovers out there with absolutely nothing to do but spread this crap.
    Excuse me....But that last post I made wasn't hoax internet crap, but actual text.

{Vince Lombardi}

RealRam is offline Registered User

Exclamation Atlas, please...

Ok, "freedom of expression."

This 'THING' about prophetic predictions from a controversial source however, in light of the horrible national tragedies still under dilemma and pain... no, no, no. Major, serious faux pas.

Atlas, please... neither the place nor the time --catch my drift?

Sure, everyone, including NFL members A-N-D fans are wondering and wishing in their own way. But I believe this forum calls for a higher class and a finer judgement in terms of the unkown.

Friend, please do not insist with statements or quotes from a research so :confused: questionable (as forged and impossed by you). LET IT GO.

Respectfully [let's keep it that way, ok?]

Jorge V.