Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Disappointed with LT on Sunday

I know he was hurt, but so were a lot of guys on the team, and they gave it a go. Gates was hobbling down the field, trying do whatever he could, Rivers had surgery a week before just so he could play in the game, and he played the whole game despite what was probably some pretty intense pain.

Then there's LT. He had a strained knee, played two plays and spent the rest of the game on the bench. On the bench! Okay, so his knee was bad enough to take himself out of the game, I guess I can buy that. But this was the biggest game of his life, and he couldn't play injured? That was tough to take, but whenever the camera panned on him, he wasn't on the sideline cheering on his teammates, he was sulking, he was sitting on the bench by himself sulking. The guy showed me nothing yesterday. I remember Jack Youngblood playing in SB XIV with a broken leg, and yesterday I watch LT with a sprained knee sitting and doesn't even have enough team spirit in him to cheer his team on from the sidelines. Another "me-me" athlete of the new millinium? Did anybody else see that and feel as I did?

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Disappointed with LT on Sunday

Yeah I don't know, I would think if he good go he would. The Pats played as bad and still won, those FG instead of TD killed them. Looked like us in the red zone.

gap Guest

Rivers even received a leg-whip (that wasn't flagged - imagine that) on his bad leg during the game, and still kept playing. LT should be embarased for either his action or inactions. Or may even for both.

gap

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It was mentioned during the game that it was most likely the coach's decision, not his.

:l

-jake-

RealRam is offline Registered User

LT was probably too disabled to be productive other than a decoy, the better off the field than on it situation, especially during a championship.

I know we always refer to the great Rams DE playing with a broken leg in the playoffs --and winning. But it had to be a different situation, physically speaking.

And we're speaking of Jack Youngblood.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    It was mentioned during the game that it was most likely the coach's decision, not his.
    That's the impression I got, especially since LT wore his helmet on the bench the entire game. He looked frustrated and upset. The thing I don't understand is if he did want to play, why didn't he just say he was fine and that he could go? If he told the staff he didn't feel right, surely he must have known they would keep him out of the game.

It would be interesting to hear what the situation actually was.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

People say he looked disappointed or like he was sulking but he was wearing his helmet and he has a visor. for all we know he could have been yelling for his teammates it was cold there wasn't a player on the sidelines that was jumping around.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    Right and that's fine but he could have at least looked like he was into the game. He could have been sitting with Turner and Sproles and giving them tips and advice, coach em up, fire the team up, whatever. Just do something besides sitting there like a bump on a log, no matter how bummed out he was he couldn't play. It was horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I know he was hurt, but so were a lot of guys on the team, and they gave it a go. Gates was hobbling down the field, trying do whatever he could, Rivers had surgery a week before just so he could play in the game, and he played the whole game despite what was probably some pretty intense pain.

Then there's LT. He had a strained knee, played two plays and spent the rest of the game on the bench. On the bench! Okay, so his knee was bad enough to take himself out of the game, I guess I can buy that. But this was the biggest game of his life, and he couldn't play injured? That was tough to take, but whenever the camera panned on him, he wasn't on the sideline cheering on his teammates, he was sulking, he was sitting on the bench by himself sulking. The guy showed me nothing yesterday. I remember Jack Youngblood playing in SB XIV with a broken leg, and yesterday I watch LT with a sprained knee sitting and doesn't even have enough team spirit in him to cheer his team on from the sidelines. Another "me-me" athlete of the new millinium? Did anybody else see that and feel as I did?
    I agree and I have never been one to say LT is the best back in the league,he is very good,scores alot of TD'S, but as a team player,who knows,I do know that on his best day he couldn't hold Marshall Faulk's jock.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I agree and I have never been one to say LT is the best back in the league,he is very good,scores alot of TD'S, but as a team player,who knows,I do know that on his best day he couldn't hold Marshall Faulk's jock.
    LT is soft, period. He has a massive offensive line that opens holes a truck could run through all day long. He doesn't even get hit until he is five yards deep ...

I don't like Phillip Rivers - based on what I saw from him in the postseason, he seems like quite the prick (hope I can say this word, if not I am sorry). However, this guy had arthroscopic surgery the week before and played through the pain ...

LT is overrated, plain and simple. I get tired of all his hype. Not only that, but looks like he is not that tough. I've never liked him and I never will. Just another arrogant, closet primadona if you ask me ...

What kind of coach holds out a player in the AFC championship game if he can go? If he could run two draws, and catch a pass, and look like he had no ill effects, I don't buy this crap that the coach kept him out of the game. He could have played if he wanted ...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    LT is soft, period. He has a massive offensive line that opens holes a truck could run through all day long. He doesn't even get hit until he is five yards deep ...

I don't like Phillip Rivers - based on what I saw from him in the postseason, he seems like quite the prick (hope I can say this word, if not I am sorry). However, this guy had arthroscopic surgery the week before and played through the pain ...

LT is overrated, plain and simple. I get tired of all his hype. Not only that, but looks like he is not that tough. I've never liked him and I never will. Just another arrogant, closet primadona if you ask me ...

What kind of coach holds out a player in the AFC championship game if he can go? If he could run two draws, and catch a pass, and look like he had no ill effects, I don't buy this crap that the coach kept him out of the game. He could have played if he wanted ...
    Exactly. My point wasn't to say he wasn't injured. I understand he was. But my point was that even injured, you can continue to support the team. I don't think sitting on the bench nodding occasionally and doing who-knows-what under that visor as supporting the team. How about standing on the sidelines screaming and yelling (if not to at least keep warm) and encouraging his teammates? Getting up off his butt and greeting guys as they come off would have been nice, and would have shown that he was actually paying some attention to what was going on. For crying out loud, it was the AFC Championship game!

It just looked so selfish to me. I suspected from incidents in the past, like the way he's treated his QB when things weren't going right, that he's a "me first" guy. Did anyone see the game when Rivers had a bad game, went to sit down next to LT, and LT immediately got up and walked away, obviously upset with his QB? That isn't a team player. That'a a classless jerk. He's got talent, no doubt, but maybe he needs to step back and take a long look at himself and how he is as a person, and as a teammate.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Exactly. My point wasn't to say he wasn't injured. I understand he was. But my point was that even injured, you can continue to support the team. I don't think sitting on the bench nodding occasionally and doing who-knows-what under that visor as supporting the team. How about standing on the sidelines screaming and yelling (if not to at least keep warm) and encouraging his teammates? Getting up off his butt and greeting guys as they come off would have been nice, and would have shown that he was actually paying some attention to what was going on. For crying out loud, it was the AFC Championship game!

It just looked so selfish to me. I suspected from incidents in the past, like the way he's treated his QB when things weren't going right, that he's a "me first" guy. Did anyone see the game when Rivers had a bad game, went to sit down next to LT, and LT immediately got up and walked away, obviously upset with his QB? That isn't a team player. That'a a classless jerk. He's got talent, no doubt, but maybe he needs to step back and take a long look at himself and how he is as a person, and as a teammate.
    Kind of like if a quaterback roles his eyes at a coach or a reciever is on the sidelines sreaming at a coach?

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    Kind of like if a quaterback roles his eyes at a coach or a reciever is on the sidelines sreaming at a coach?
    yep. These guys are aware that cameras are on their every move. So why do something like that, when you have to know it will come back to haunt you? Childish and selfish to me. I didn't like it when Bulger did it, and I didn't like the way Holt handled it either.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know, I'm under the impression that all the rah rah rah stuff that LT may have done wouldn't have helped the Chargers in the red zone. Call me goofy.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    You know, I'm under the impression that all the rah rah rah stuff that LT may have done wouldn't have helped the Chargers in the red zone. Call me goofy.
    Whether it would have helped or not nobody knows, that still doesn't take away from the fact that LT looked bad just sitting there looking uninterested in what was going on with the team. I'm sure LT could have given Turner & Sproles some advice, or at the very least given them a pat on the helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast