View Poll Results: If Warner retired today, should he be considered/accepted into Canton?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he deserves consideration and enshrinement because of what he accomplished in his career.

56 66.67%
  • He should be considered, but I don't think he's worthy of being enshrined.

14 16.67%
  • Kurt Warner should neither be enshrined or considered as a Hall of Fame player based on his career thus far.

9 10.71%
  • I'm undecided on the issue.

5 5.95%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do you consider Kurt Warner Hall of Fame worthy?

Oh, I think that pot was pretty much self-stirring.

ramfaninpgh is offline Registered User

I've followed Kurt's career since his days at UNI. I went to UNI and played a little football well before he played there, and kept up with the goings on there. Since very few Panthers ever made it to the pros, it was interesting to follow him to the Arena League, NFL Europe, and finally to the NFL. What he's accomplished in a relatively short period of time is nothing short of phenomenal, and probably will never be duplicated. However, I don't think he belongs in the HOF. Not as things stand today. He'd have to get several more years under his belt and be surrounded by a cast of players and coaches similar to what he had in St. Louis, where he could pursue championships (not necessarily Super Bowls). If he got elected, I'd drive up to Canton at the drop of a hat to see him go in. But unless things really line up for him again, we'll have to be content to see Kurt enshrined at the ED, and that's not so bad.
    :angryram: RamFanInPgh

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Oh, I think that pot was pretty much self-stirring.
    It sounds like you have it out for Warner because everytime theres a post about him weather it be about the HOF and him just buying a family dinner you are the first one on here to beat him down, "no way no how" makes it sound like you are against it even if you aren't, I think he deserves consideration and if he should pull off another SB this year weather you like it or not he's in and of course this is just my opinion which in the long run means nothing.

Rambos is offline Registered User

No way. A Hall of Fame career must be built on sustained excellence over a prolonged period of time. The only notable exceptions are Gale Sayers and Dwight Stephenson, who both had careers cut short by injury. But even they had runs of longer than three years.
    Wow he now will have gone to three SB, not sure how he put up the numbers he has in three years

bigredman is offline Registered User

You lead a team to the Super Bowl three times, especially after being given up for dead, and coming back and taking a different team to the Super Bowl...yeah, he will go in the Hall of Fame easily. His story is too compelling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rambos is offline Registered User

Howie Long vote is he is in the Hall now.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Since the original post and its intent of his credentials back in 2004, I think that his HOF chances are greatly increased with a third trip to the SB, and with another team...Go get another ring Kurt...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    You lead a team to the Super Bowl three times, especially after being given up for dead, and coming back and taking a different team to the Super Bowl...yeah, he will go in the Hall of Fame easily. His story is too compelling.
    Exactly. His story is compelling and that counts with voters. Career stats are important, but so is doing extraordinary things over the course of a career. Warner has done that and if his stats don't quite measure up for Canton, his feats of courage, perseverance and magic will more than likely make up for it.

RealRam is offline Registered User

As BRM said, the KWarner story in itself is rather worthy of a HOF induction.

But for me, I think it is an easy - a very easy - YES / SURE / OF COURSE / AFFIRMATIVE / ABSOLUTELY reply!

And if the Cards take it all in a few weeks, why then it simply becomes AUTOMATIC.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Exactly. His story is compelling and that counts with voters. Career stats are important, but so is doing extraordinary things over the course of a career. Warner has done that and if his stats don't quite measure up for Canton, his feats of courage, perseverance and magic will more than likely make up for it.
    well said Mike

HornIt is offline Registered User

He is a shoe in.

People talk about his lack of consistently great seasons, but I think neglect that even in his so called bad seasons he posted QB ratings of 85 or better, which is the career average of players like Donovan McNabb.

He has done things nobody has done in the NFL...ever. He is now only the 2nd QB in NFL history to lead two different teams to the Super Bowl but the first to do so and win at least one of them.

3 Super Bowls. 1, maybe 2 Super Bowl MVP's. 2 NFL MVP's. His post season record and QB rating is phenomenal. His story is one of the most amazing, if not the most amazing in NFL history.

He's in. You can book your flight to Canton to see him inducted.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

The HoF isn't about "compelling stories", it's about the best of the best. And Warner does not fit that description. The majority of his career has been fairly mediocre. Warner has played for three teams and every one of them has benched him. He's played four whole seasons with arguably the best WR duo in the league and his play during only one of those seasons could be considered great. What about that screams Hall of Fame?

Regardless of how he plays in two weeks, his total body of work does not support entry into the HoF.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    The HoF isn't about "compelling stories", it's about the best of the best.
    Sure it is. That's why it's called the Hall of Fame and not the Hall of the Best of the Best.

That's why Joe Namath is in there, as just one example.

Additionally, I'm not sure what else Warner would need to do to be in the best of the best.

How many of the best of the best have taken their teams to 3 Super Bowls and with 2 different teams?

How many of the best of the best have won 2 league MVP's or more?

How many of the best of the best have a better lifetime QB rating?

How many of the best of the best have a better winning percentage in the post season? Or a better post season QB rating?

How many of the best of the best directed offenses that have scored over 500 points in a season, multiple times?

How many of the best of the best have won the first Super Bowl in franchise history with one team and taken another to it's first Super Bowl in franchise history?

Sure sounds like he's up there with the best of the best to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    The HoF isn't about "compelling stories", it's about the best of the best. And Warner does not fit that description. The majority of his career has been fairly mediocre. Warner has played for three teams and every one of them has benched him. He's played four whole seasons with arguably the best WR duo in the league and his play during only one of those seasons could be considered great. What about that screams Hall of Fame?

Regardless of how he plays in two weeks, his total body of work does not support entry into the HoF.
    "majority of his career has been fairly mediocre" he will hit 30,000 yards passing next season and will also hit 200 td passes,where's the mediocre in that ? you can't do that in just a couple good seasons.

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

DEFINITELY! No questions asked.

Avenger- you've always been jealous of Warner lol. What you gonna say when Warner gets in HOF? Nothing I'm sure.
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast