View Poll Results: If Warner retired today, should he be considered/accepted into Canton?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he deserves consideration and enshrinement because of what he accomplished in his career.

56 66.67%
  • He should be considered, but I don't think he's worthy of being enshrined.

14 16.67%
  • Kurt Warner should neither be enshrined or considered as a Hall of Fame player based on his career thus far.

9 10.71%
  • I'm undecided on the issue.

5 5.95%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Do you consider Kurt Warner Hall of Fame worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Did they say this after what he did yesterday? As for the rest of those who vote, we really don't know what they think at this point but I'd be willing to bet when they look at everything Warner has done as of yesterday, he'd get the nod.

Both said if Warner wins he needs one more good year. If he loses at least two. I would love to see him go in, so would Av, and Nick. We just see things as more than just QB. To me the QB is the most overrated and underrated player on the field at the same time. It's weird but think about it.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -01-19-2009 at 08:20 PM.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Up until this game, I wasn't sure...now..I think he gets in. If he wins the Super Bowl..then no doubt..he'll get in for sure.

gap Guest

I know for a fact that one of those two has a biased opinion of Warner, in a bad way, because of the his profession of his faith during interviews. Can he put those biases behind him when it comes to HOF voting? I don't know.

I don't know why the other has an opinion that KW needs 2 more years of good play, but I know that there are players in the HOF with less qualifications than KW. Unfortunately, the HOF is often a popularity contest, that often takes into consideration the fan base of the team that the player gained his fame with.

gap

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Balzer and Peter King, two HOF voters, are on the record saying Warner needs 2 more good years to make the HOF. No matter what we think, say, or feel, the voters see it differently than most of us.
    That's interesting because the prevailing opinion I've been hearing in the media lately has been that if he takes the Cardinals to the Super Bowl, he'll seal the deal.

How long ago did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    That's interesting because the prevailing opinion I've been hearing in the media lately has been that if he takes the Cardinals to the Super Bowl, he'll seal the deal.

How long ago did they say that?
    Today. Both today. Look, let's face it, his last year and a half in STL wasn't something for the HOF. Then he rode the pine in NY, and had to fight Lineart for the job in AZ. He had 3 good years in STL and 3 in AZ. He needs some more people. Terrell Davis had 6 good years in Denver, won 2 Super Bowls and isn't in. I hope he gets it. I really do. I'm not rooting against him on this, just relaying what HOF voters said. Sorry guys. Maybe he doesn't need those 2 votes.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -01-19-2009 at 09:05 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Both said if Warner wins he needs one more good year. If he loses at least two. I would love to see him go in, so would Av, and Nick. We just see things as more than just QB. To me the QB is the most overrated and underrated player on the field at the same time. It's weird but think about it.
    I think after reflection, most voters will look at what the man has accomplished and realize he belongs, regardless of what happens the next few years. The high points of his resume are too impressive to dismiss. My guess is that he'll erase any doubts though in the next few years and the whole discussion will become moot.

I think after reflection, most voters will look at what the man has accomplished and realize he belongs, regardless of what happens the next few years. The high points of his resume are too impressive to dismiss. My guess is that he'll erase any doubts though in the next few years and the whole discussion will become moot.
    I hope so because this is about as tiring as a Paris Hilton BFF Search marathon.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I hope so because this is about as tiring as a Paris Hilton BFF Search marathon.
    You know Tx, it's okay to just say no to threads involving Kurt Warner.

You know Tx, it's okay to just say no to threads involving Kurt Warner.
    That's funny. I don't hate the guy, I'm rooting for him. And he who's to say he doesn't have three more great years. I hope so. It's time the good guys win for a change.

Coralram28 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner....Hall of Famer.....enough said

Rambos is online now Registered User

I think he will go in as a Ram, he will always be tied to the GSOT.

DeaconIsGod is offline Registered User

3 superbowls, the highest QB rating ever, part of one of the most prolific offenses ever, 2 MVP's (should've been 3 in my opinion), and he was a Ram.

Yes, I do believe he should be in, along with Bruce, Pace and Faulk of course.

And I am VERY biased

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Coralram28 View Post
    Kurt Warner....Hall of Famer.....enough said
    Ladies and gentlemen we have a good BINGO!!!!!

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    That's why Joe Namath is in there, as just one example.
    And that's why there a number of people who don't think Namath actually belongs. Really, if we're going to start inducting people based on "great stories", I guess we should induct Pat Tillman into the HoF, too - which is an equally absurd idea. Tillman was a great hero, but he was nothing special as a player and thus he does not belong enshrined at Canton.

Additionally, I'm not sure what else Warner would need to do to be in the best of the best.
    Consistency. He was consistently accurate, and that's about it. He had 4 good seasons and the rest were meh.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    "majority of his career has been fairly mediocre" he will hit 30,000 yards passing next season and will also hit 200 td passes,where's the mediocre in that ? you can't do that in just a couple good seasons.
    But that's essentially what he did. Over the seasons of 1999-2001 and 2008, Warner accumulated 17,195 yards 128 TDs and 34 wins (.694 win pct). So 1/3 of his career counts for 60% of his passing yards, 70% of his touchdowns, and and 71% of his wins as a starting quarterback.

So what was Warner doing over the remaining 2/3 of his career? Posting 11,396 yards, just 54 TDs, and only 13 wins (.302 win pct.). And, oh yeah, getting benched three times with three different teams.

Man, I'm trying to figure out how "fairly mediocre" Kurt Warner managed to finagle 4 trips to the Pro Bowl.
    When did I say the guy never had a good season? Those 4 pro-bowl seasons are his ONLY good seasons. That leaves 7 seasons (the majority) of mediocre play.

And 4 pro-bowls is pretty skimpy for a supposedly HoF player, wouldn't you say? Now sometimes you have a glut of good players at a particular position and one of them gets snubbed, but that wasn't the case with Warner. He really wasn't even considered for it, nor should he have been.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconIsGod View Post
    the highest QB rating ever
    *cough* Steve Young

part of one of the most prolific offenses ever
    IMO that had more to do with Mike Martz and Marshall Faulk

Yes, I do believe he should be in, along with Bruce, Pace and Faulk of course
    Obviously I don't share your opinion of Warner, but those three will definitely find their way to Canton.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast