throwback week

View Poll Results: Will Kurt Warner retire?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. He proved he can still play at an elite level, and now will walk away with no regrets.

4 28.57%
  • No. He will step away from the game for a couple of months and then get the "itch" again.

10 71.43%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Do you think Kurt Warner will retire?

What do you expect him to do?

Re: Do you think Kurt Warner will retire?

I voted "yes," but I really don't have a strong feeling on this one. I could see it going either way.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i think he`ll play on one more year atleast....i hope he dont..but i think he will.
    he wanted to be an NFL QB for so long and he`s only been one 9 years with some of that time spent on the bench..im guessing his body hasnt been hit as much as most 37 year old QB`s..so he will want to carry on and make the most of it.

the only reason i can see him retiring is if the Cardinals force his hand by saying they aint gonna re-sign him,as i dont see him wanting to start over again somewhere else.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i think he`ll play on one more year atleast....i hope he dont..but i think he will.
    he wanted to be an NFL QB for so long and he`s only been one 9 years with some of that time spent on the bench..im guessing his body hasnt been hit as much as most 37 year old QB`s..so he will want to carry on and make the most of it.

the only reason i can see him retiring is if the Cardinals force his hand by saying they aint gonna re-sign him,as i dont see him wanting to start over again somewhere else.
    from everything I have read the Cardinals want him back maybe even a 2 year deal worth about 7-8 million per year,that may play into the decision also because thats alot of cash to walk away from.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I voted "yes," but I really don't have a strong feeling on this one. I could see it going either way.
    I don't have a strong feeling on this one either, but being a Rams fan I sure as heck hope that he retires. I'm tired of having our various body parts handed to us each time we play the Cards. I say let's return to the good 'ole days when we used to thrash those birds ( and while we're at it, the ****** & The Squawks also) and then all will be well with the universe. After all it's the natural order of things.

WHAT SAY YE?

Yodude is offline Registered User

From the ""Ultimate Dead Horse" thread......

Warner threads. That one gets the "Lifetime Achievement Award" of dead horse topics.

........Do you think Kurt Warner will retire?
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Apparently some people can't distinguish between rehashing of past issues and a timely thread on a pending issue.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Before the Super Bowl, my thought was if he were to win it, he would retire, and if they lost, it was 50/50.
    I heard before the SB that he would like a 2 year deal, and then soon after it I heard he was looing for a guaranteed 2 year deal, but it would be for the Cardinals or nobody.
    The Cardinals are reportedly getting ready to offer him a 2 year deal between 18 and 20 million, an average of 9-10 per year. As a comparison, Bulger's new contract averaged 10.25 a year. This is in the range of money Warner was asking for, so it looks like the Cards will get a deal done soon.

So no, I don't think he will retire just yet. A lot of players from the Cardinals want him back as well, and while he says he doesn't think about the Hall of Fame stuff, you know it's in the back of his mind. More more solid year could allow him to reach a lot of milestones (30,000 yards passing, 200 TDs, possibly improve the QB rating, etc...) that would continue to improve his HOF chances.

Ghost of Jim Everett Guest

So if the Cards do resign Kurt, and obviously Kurt has no intentions of battling for the QB position during the preseason, what happens to Matt Leinart? Does he backup Kurt for another two years?

Keenum is offline Registered User

Leinart may want to try one more year with the Cards. This is only Warners 3rd time to start all 16 games, so it's possible he could get a shot.
    I know they two of them are strong friends as well. Cards may not get much for him though, a lot of people think of him already as a bust (but losing your job to Warner doesn't look as bad since, you know, Warner is still good, lol).