Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Does anyone believe Imus?

No doubt, the majority of you have heard or heard of Imus' percieved racial slur on Dallas' morning radio the other morn. Shoot, I even heard it all the way down here.

So my question: with his track record; does anyone belive his story? (That being that he was sarcastically satirising the foibles of the prison system in dealing with african american people).

Personally, I consider it a load of garbage. (and I can't believe I'm siding with 6-time felon PacMan Jones on this one).

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Does anyone believe Imus?

Don Imus strikes again. No I don't believe Imus for one second. After his last uncalled for "nappy headed hoes" description, one would think that Imus would be alot more careful with his mouth. Imus feels everyone is out to get him? Then why not go into further explanation with his responses so there leaves no area of doubt?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Regardless of what Imus meant, he's just plain STOOPID!! If it wasn't bad enough to even bring up race in the first place with his track record, how moronic is it to make a provacative racial remark and not put it into context?? It would have been so easy to say that Pacman was being treated unfairly by the police immediately after his supposedly misunderstood statement, but he chose not to do it. IMO he's not entitled to the benefit of the doubt. The guy just does not get it and deserves whatever flak is thrown his way.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I don't buy it either. But here's what I don't get, why can anyone but a white guy get on a mic and bust out racial slurs and jokes about every race on the planet and it's fine, but a white guy says something and he's in trouble....makes no sense. I also think this nation has turned into a bunch of over-sensitive crybabies that get offended waaaaaaay too easily.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I thought it was pretty ambiguous where he was going with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all he said was "What color is he (Pac-man)? Well, there you go. Now we now." That doesn't really mean anything without context, and Imus didn't put it in context. He just said it, seemingly letting his listeners interpret it for themselves. He did seem to be suggesting that black people are more likely to run afoul of the law, but that could either be a critique of the legal system or black culture or an unfortunate product of numerous factors.

Since the comment was made in passing with no further explanation until after it had become controversial, I don't think it's at all clear what he meant. Sometimes on a live radio show, the host just says stuff and it doesn't mean anything. After all, they've got to keep talking even if they don't have anything important left to say.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I don't buy it either. But here's what I don't get, why can anyone but a white guy get on a mic and bust out racial slurs and jokes about every race on the planet and it's fine, but a white guy says something and he's in trouble....makes no sense. I also think this nation has turned into a bunch of over-sensitive crybabies that get offended waaaaaaay too easily.
    Amen. And the Reverend Sharpton can kiss my hallelujah.

In the immortal words of Danny Glover - "I'm too old for this (PC) ****".
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".