BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Dominic Rhodes arrested for drunk driving

Another drunk driving arrest.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts running back Dominic Rhodes faces a drunken driving charge after state troopers arrested him Tuesday.

Rhodes, 28, was pulled over about 3 a.m. driving a truck 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on Interstate 65 in Indianapolis' far northwest side, Indiana State Police spokesman 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten said.

"It was a normal, run-of-the-mill drunk driving arrest," Bursten said.

Rhodes was cooperative with the state troopers who arrested him, police said.

Rhodes was still being processed at the Marion County arrestee processing center Tuesday morning.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team did not have any immediate comment on the arrest.

Rhodes' attorney Jim Voyles, who was at the processing center, said he did not know where Rhodes was before the arrest and did not have a chance to see him. He said Rhodes would likely be released on his own recognizance after an initial hearing.

Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded not guilty in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and is the mother of a child with Rhodes, said Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes was charged with domestic battery but avoided prosecution. Instead, Rhodes was placed in a diversionary program and underwent mental health counseling.

The Associated Press left a message Tuesday seeking comment from Rhodes' agent Michael McCartney.

Rhodes delivered an MVP-like performance in Super Bowl XLI, rushing for 113 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' 29-17 victory over the Bears. He started all 16 regular-season games in 2006, rushing for 641 yards and five touchdowns.

Rhodes was Edgerrin James' backup since 2001 and had a chance to become the Colts featured back in 2006 but instead shared the job with rookie Joseph Addai.

The six-year veteran will become an unrestricted free agent and has rushed for 2,274 yards in his career.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
    Last edited by BigGameMN; -02-20-2007 at 02:23 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Dominic Rhodes arrested for drunk driving

Hearing that Cincinnati is trying to get to an even dozen. Rhodes will be in a Bengals uniform next season.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, talk about likely costing yourself a LOT of money this spring.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I don't understand why these players constantly get these DUIs. If I had that kind of money I'd just have a limo drive me a round if I really wanted to drink THAT badly.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

If I was a well paid athlete, I would be using a driver anytime I was thinking about drinking. They have money, put it to good use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Wow, talk about likely costing yourself a LOT of money this spring.
    Yeah really. When guys like this get mass amounts of money to play a sport instead of have a real job and actually struggle to get money, at least try to respect that. It's almost like a slap in the face to people who aren't ridiculously rich like most of those guys because it just shows how much they don't appreciate it...Why do they keep doing this crap!?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams