View Poll Results: Do you agree with Donovan McNabb's Black QB Rant?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he had a valid point

4 25.00%
  • No, he was way off

12 75.00%

Thread: Donovan McNabb

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Unhappy Donovan McNabb

Why is this man such a racist? Why is it everytime a microphone gets put up to his mouth, all he can talk about is race? I hate to break it to you Donovan, but not all Whites are trying to hold the Black man back. He needs to stop seeing people as Black and White

PS- I wanted to post a link for you all in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, but it wont let me as I do not have enough posts yet. Go to ESPN .com to read the story
    Last edited by ScottD413; -09-19-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added PS

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Donovan McNabb

It seems to me all quarterbacks are under a microscope compared to their teammates. I think McNabb's experience with Rush Limbaugh probably has influenced his opinion on the issue, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the things he said were true back when he entered the league and the only black starting quarterbacks were like McNabb, McNair, and Culpepper. But these days I just don't see evidence to suggest black quarterbacks are judged more harshly. Wasn't Steve McNair co-MVP with Peyton Manning just a couple years ago?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

McNabb has definitely eaten to much Chunky Soup!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    McNabb has definitely eaten to much Chunky Soup!
    New England clam chowder no less!!!

Drew is offline Registered User

only people in the nfl that seem to get on McNabb`s back are the philly fans,i always wondered why but i guess they`ve known him better than us and have heard these empty headed comments before now!
    i hate the racism card that some feel compelled to use...wonder if he was saying the same thing when O.J got off scot free for murdering two people.....

Varg6 is offline Registered User

No one is going to listen to his words as a backup, an he knows his days are numbered. He's just letting out what he feels he needs to say before no one listens to him.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

I think that given the information I heard on sirius radio yesterday, he has every right to voice how he feels. I wasn't so pleased when I originally heard about the ordeal, however, I have since then changed my view on the matter. The commentators on sirius mentioned some of the reasons why he spoke up. Dmac has been not only criticized by his own teams fans but also by both races. The example they used was this: When he scrambled a lot, white people said that black QB's always scramble, then when he started to become a pocket passer the response by black people was that he was trying to be a white QB. The people that cast this kind of judgment are asinine. Since when does a QB's style of play determine race? To me a player is a player, it doesn't matter the color of their skin. Their job is to lead the offense to a score not to satisfy what color he is. Now that being said, right about now he better step the hell up or sit the hell down. If you can't pass accurately enough to even hit a WR and can't run to escape a sack you don't belong out there until you can. That is all.

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    Now that being said, right about now he better step the hell up or sit the hell down. If you can't pass accurately enough to even hit a WR and can't run to escape a sack you don't belong out there until you can. That is all.
    looks like (with the help of KC) hes stepped up today.....

that being said he should maybe continue to just play and shut his mouth in future!

moklerman is offline Registered User

McNabb has lost any sympathy of respect I might have given him. Playing the race card to try and divert attention away from sucky play on the field is bad enough but running it up against the Lions to pad his stats is beyond contempt in my opinion. It doesn't surprize me since Reid is from the Walsh coaching tree but F**k Donovan McNabb and his whiny crap. Westbrook is the star of that team.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Hold the phone. The interview with HBO was done before the season even began. It had nothing to do with his sucky play. He wasn't trying to divert anything.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That may be the case for McNabb personally, but I think it was a mistake to generalize his individual situation in Philadelphia to the rest of the league. I'm not going to question what he went through, but guys like Vince Young and Jason Campbell said they disagreed with McNabb's assessment of how black quarterbacks in general are treated.