Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Don't bet against Warner.....

Martz doesnt have to proove that keeping Bulger was the right decision. Of course it was, Bulger is what 6 or 7 years younger and has the skills to run this offense. I know the Warner supports are going to say he can't run it like Warner did. Well to argue that he is younger and still learning the ropes. Bulger didnt travel the world in Arena, and the cfl gaining experience as Warner did. Sometimes I feel like the Warner supporters have so much love for Warner they would rather see Warner succeed and the Rams fail. If that is the case go buy your Anquan Boldin jersey's today and show who you really support. I find it hard to believe that if Warner still had his magic that team after team would release him dont you? The Cardinals gave Warner a 1 year deal not exactly a leap of faith. That tells me they actually think Mcklown might be better in the longrun. The guy won a Superbowl with the Rams, WITH the Rams not by himself. There would be no ring if it werent for Vermeil,Holt,Bruce,Faulk,Jones,Hakim, and Ricky freaking Proehl catching the pass vs Tampa. This is a team sport and the team that won the Superbowl was the St. Louis Rams not the St. Louis Warner's. Call this post what you will, distaste for Warner whatever I dont care. I am a RAMS :ramlogo: fan first. Warner isnt the first good guy we have let go in Rams history you know. Ever heard of Henry Ellard, yeah he went to the Skins. Maybe Kevin Greene rings a bell. Eric Dickerson wasnt a good guy but a hell of a running back. Jerome Bettis comes to mind as well, yeah the bus could have been driving in St. louis. So come on let it go, the Rams are who they are if you love Warner so much and want to see him do better than your home team then Bidwell awaits your support.

GO RAMS :ramlogo:

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think the only knee-jerk reaction that posters like Nick and I have is to try to balance things out when it comes to Warner.

There are far too many people here who believe that Warner's skills never diminished and that, had he stayed as the Rams' starter, he'd still be playing like he did from 99-01. Nick and I merely try to point out that this viewpoint is unrealistic given what has happened since then.

Why don't you focus instead on the other knee-jerk reaction that is common here? You know, the one where certain posters equate any criticism of Warner with "contempt" for Kurt.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

So come on let it go, the Rams are who they are if you love Warner so much and want to see him do better than your home team then Bidwell awaits your support.
    Miser, my friend, time to switch to de-caf. I will go out on a limb here and say there is nobody on this message board that puts Warner over the Rams. I am begging anyone with that affinity to please let it be known.

You see this is what I don't understand, and I hope that someone can educate me: why can't fans be BOTH Rams fans and Warner fans? One is not exclusive of the other. I, for one, am a Warner fan. I like the guy. I wish him all the best, but I'm a Rams fan foremost. As long as the two don't cross paths, I can root for both. That doesn't make me less of a Rams fan, nor does it make me a Cards fan. I could care less what the other 52 members of the Cards do, but I would like to see Warner succeed. I am wrong in the eyes of some, but I see no reason why a fan can't root for both the Rams and Warner, as long as they know they hang their hat with the Rams.

Again, if there is anyone (and I don't think there is) on this board who is willing to put Warner above the Rams, then be proud and tell the world. But I just don't see anyone with that mindset around here.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

If you want an example of that, HU, go to the PD board and look for a thread started by a poster named... um... what was that name?

Mok-something-or-other.

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Shades, I don't care how serious or matter of fact your statements are but when I see your signature cheerleader line is, I just crack up laughing......Okay, carry on fighting guys before I have to send you all to your rooms!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    If you want an example of that, HU, go to the PD board and look for a thread started by a poster named... um... what was that name?

Mok-something-or-other.
    I've ventured over to that adolescent insane assylum a couple of times and my IQ dropped every time. I ain't going back over there for nothing. So obviously, I haven't seen that thread. And I will state that if the intention of the poster was to promote Warner over the Rams, then yes, that poster should not claim to be a Rams fan. However, I don't recall ever seeing that here. And if anyone ever claims that choice here, then I'll be right there beside you with the tar and Cardinal feathers. :redface:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Here's the quote (Oh, and the poster's name is "Moklerman"... now where have I seen that name before?)

While I am a Rams fan, I don't have the blind loyalty that some feel is necessary to be a "true" fan. The day Georgia sells of her majority stock in the team, perhaps I will go full-tilt again but right now, I'd rather root for Warner(wherever he goes) than give Georgia any more undeserved praise for all the (bleep) she's done.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I don't drink coffee. I dont dislike Warner, I just call it like I see it. I dont know how you havnt seen it. Go read through some of the other thread about Warner signs with Arizona. There are some posts in there saying watch out for the cardinals they are better than the Rams now with all of the signings they have done. I'll show you some examples.

Quote Originally Posted by PTHOR
    I hope he passes on our defense like ther'es no tomarrow and then loses on a last minute screw up by his defense.
    Also I'll be hoping that while scrammbling to the sideline he "accidentally" crashes into Martz stepping on his fat neck in the process...

Have a great season Kurt,
    I could never wish for that.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman

Also, I know a lot of St. Louisans will forever despise Bidwell (see: Georgia Frontiere and L.A. fans) but if he continues to open up his purse strings and put's a winner on the field will, especially in this age of NFL Sunday ticket, migrate back to the team they grew up with? The Cardinals have been around a long time and I speak from experience when I say that I can't imagine just forgetting about "my" team just because they moved. If...IF the Cardinals start winning a few games it's going to be a heck of a story in St. Louis.
    Look I guess I can't blame him for feeling that way but it sounds like a Cardinals fans in Rams clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    What's funny is you need to take off the Blinders and see what the cards have done! They are putting together a team that not only gave us trouble last year, but now can probably beat us 2 times! Mediocore o-line? That line is alot better than the line Warner had last year by far!The only reason Warner got bumped in N.Y. was they thought Manning would have won the job outright before the season started. I didn't want to see him in our Division, But here he is! And He has some top rate receivers! Yeah, Cards will be a give me!We need one hell of a draft!
    Sorry the Cards can't beat us twice. Unless Bulger gets hurt again. Theodus did redeem himself by stating that he hates that Warner is in our division. Maybe I'm reading too much into stuff. I also shouldnt group Warner supporter with the Warner fanatics. You know the fanatics are the ones that hammer you when you criticize him, they bite your head off. So if I offended anyone I'm sorry but I just feel some people support Warner and not so much the Rams. That is just my opinion.

GO RAMS :ramlogo:

Quote Originally Posted by Rammiser
    I don't drink coffee.
    You should, the stuff is great.
    Originally Posted by PTHOR
    I hope he passes on our defense like ther'es no tomarrow and then loses on a last minute screw up by his defense.
    Also I'll be hoping that while scrammbling to the sideline he "accidentally" crashes into Martz stepping on his fat neck in the process...

Have a great season Kurt,

I could never wish for that.
    While I don't agree with PTHOR's Martz statement, bottomline is for all his Warner boostering, PTHOR wanted a Rams win. Isn't that what we all wish for?
    Originally Posted by moklerman

Also, I know a lot of St. Louisans will forever despise Bidwell (see: Georgia Frontiere and L.A. fans) but if he continues to open up his purse strings and put's a winner on the field will, especially in this age of NFL Sunday ticket, migrate back to the team they grew up with? The Cardinals have been around a long time and I speak from experience when I say that I can't imagine just forgetting about "my" team just because they moved. If...IF the Cardinals start winning a few games it's going to be a heck of a story in St. Louis.

Look I guess I can't blame him for feeling that way but it sounds like a Cardinals fans in Rams clothing.
    I only see Mok asking a question not necessarily about him, but about a lot of St. Louisans he knows. And he's asking the question, not giving his personal answer.
    I also shouldnt group Warner supporter with the Warner fanatics. You know the fanatics are the ones that hammer you when you criticize him, they bite your head off. So if I offended anyone I'm sorry but I just feel some people support Warner and not so much the Rams. That is just my opinion.
    Sir, you are absolutely right. This last paragraph of yours sums up my thoughts better than I ever could. There is a difference between these two groups. There is a very rabid faction that get very touchy about anything related to Warner. Sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees.

And as far as offending anyone...that's impossible around here. Offending people is the sole responsibility of Avenger. :redface: just playin' with you AV.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by WARNER
    At 5-2, we were the second-best team in the NFC. Obviously, the next two weeks we didn’t play as well as we would have liked to.”

But, he added, “In every single game we were competitive, we gave ourselves a chance to win.”
    Well when we lost we lost big last season for the most part but ...

His first game as a Giant vs. Philly, his memory does not serve him well, as the Giants were never in a position to win that game from about midway thru the first quarter. The Detroit game's outcome did not seem real close either but if you take away his int. in the endzone at the end of the first half the outcome could have been different too.

But you have to respect and admire his attitude.

If Kurt loses a game and with many turnovers from his hands or decisions, the attitude with most around here is: "well he threw for almost 300 yds". But if MB loses a game like he did vs. the Panthers it is like "he threw the game away and he really sucks" and a lot of hatred (born of frustration that their guy KW did not play and would have won the game) seemed to surface.

Most Warner fans on this board will quickly throw blame at everyone but Warner's performance: He did not play well and made a huge poor decision that had a huge impact in losing the SBxxxvi but it was martz' fault or the refs fault ...

I wish we all could criticize performance equally whether you were a superstar or the new kid replacing the superstar.

This would make this place better for everyone.

I hope KW does well but loses to the RAMS and that the redbirds suck all season. Nothing against Kurt, I just want my team to succeed, not his, now that he plays for an opponent in our division.

Playing a weak schedule with the tools he has in AZ we just might see a reincarnation of Kurt Warner.

I hope not but if a movie is made then I want Mel Gibson to make it :tongue:
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Boom Baby!!!!!!! Well put Shades! :tongue: Reffering to last post page one. I'm a little behind! (!)
    Last edited by theodus69; -03-10-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    Why would you go to the trouble to look up this stuff???
    Because I read the article, agreed with that section, and wanted to provide some more information regarding the topic. Why does anyone look information up when commenting on a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    What's the whole point of trying to prove that he got lucky by playing an easier schedule? Hell we could say the same thing about our Rams' 2004 season... :confused:
    My point was that while a lot of people - Ram fans, Giant fans, and general NFL fans whom I talked to and read the opinions of - felt Warner was undeservingly benched by Coughlin, it might have actually worked out for the better, depending on how he might have done against what was clearly the rougher part of that schedule.

And I'm not stopping you from making any kind of statement about the strength (or lack there of) of any Rams schedule. I don't see how that's even relevant to the discussion, though, since I'm not making any kind of comparison between the Rams and the Giants at this point.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    The division of the board has nothing to do with Warner or anyone else, it's just that that topic seems to bring it to a head. The actual division is about people who want to discuss a topic, any topic be it Warner or anything else, and those that feel the need to belittle and insult people that have a different opinion than they do. There's a never ending stream of witless humor (or lame attempts at humor is more like it) and antagonization whose sole purpose is to irritate and get under the skin of some people simply because they might feel strongly about a topic.

It's quite amusing to watch people try to overcome their inferiority complex by constantly trying to put others down.
    You're my favorite, Yodude.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude
    The division of the board has nothing to do with Warner or anyone else, it's just that that topic seems to bring it to a head. The actual division is about people who want to discuss a topic, any topic be it Warner or anything else, and those that feel the need to belittle and insult people that have a different opinion than they do. There's a never ending stream of witless humor (or lame attempts at humor is more like it) and antagonization whose sole purpose is to irritate and get under the skin of some people simply because they might feel strongly about a topic.

It's quite amusing to watch people try to overcome their inferiority complex by constantly trying to put others down.
    Nicely said Yo. If enough people say it, maybe it really is true...

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    You're my favorite, Yodude.
    Damn... Hey, I am trying...
    This space for rent...

If enough people say it, maybe it really is true...
    Yeah, certainly something that three whole people say MUST be true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast