Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Dorsey Watch '08

Sorry Nick, blonde moment. When I saw the first few posts,...I was like huh? Training camp?

Then I noticed the dates.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Glenn Dorsey

I am getting my information from walterfootball, but apparently the Chiefs are moving to a 3-4 which is not suited for Dorsey and they might trade him.

Would a trade of our 2nd round pick, and maybe Orlando Pace (who could play guard for them where they apparently have a need) for Glenn Dorsey be too much to give up?

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Glenn Dorsey

I don't know enough about Dorsey to say one way or the other but with just a glance he seems a little small to fill our need at NT.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    that would be tough considering we just released orlando pace..so we can't trade him now. Glenn is injury prone and he really wasnt much of a factor with the chiefs last year.. I will have to think about that one.
    my bad...i hadn't checked recently

and at 6'1 300, i think his size is not bad at all for a 4-3...if we could get him for a little cheaper since the Chiefs dont need him and his tough rookie season I think it could turn out to be a great deal

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I wouldn't give more than a 3rd Round pick and switch spots in the draft for DT G. Dorsey. Would be a possible upgrade at DT or at least youth.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I wouldn't give more than a 3rd Round pick and switch spots in the draft for DT G. Dorsey. Would be a possible upgrade at DT or at least youth.
    Are you kidding me? If they offered us that deal we would be foolish not to take it and run. The Chiefs would get RAPED if they did that deal. Dorsey was misused last season and now they are transitioning to a 3-4 where he must play end. I have no doubt that he can do it, but this definitely doesn't bode well for his overall output. He works too hard not to do well, but he obviously excels best as a 4-3 DT.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I mean a lot of people (not me) were really wanting to take him number 2 overall last year. I would definitely trade our 2nd rounder this year for him. I mean come on it would be like having two first rounders last year, who wouldn't trade next years second round pick for another 1st round this year?

Bald81

I guess u want to break the bank to get Dorsey.
    I still would not give more than a 3rd round pick and switch spots in the draft. I would not give up the Rams 1st or 2nd round picks for Dorsey.
    I would rather have E. Hood in this years draft in the 2nd round. He does not have a history of injury and a better upside bigger stronger, faster and younger.

If anything maybe throw in Pisa to get trade made.
    Last edited by Shan the Ram Man; -03-10-2009 at 07:29 PM.

If KC is going 3-4.
    Why not offer Pisa, the 3rd round choice,and switch spots in 1st and any other rounds that the Rams pick before KC.
    I would do that in a trade.
    I would not give up a 1st or 2nd rd choices in this years draft.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Didn't want him last year & I'm still not impressed....

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Bald81

I guess u want to break the bank to get Dorsey.
    Break the bank? He's already signed so we wouldn't be paying him anything, we would be absorbing his rookie contract. And I'm pretty sure the cap hit for the Chiefs to trade Dorsey would null any such talk of a trade, not like they were contemplating it at all (they aren't as stupid as Denver). And if you truly want Ziggy Hood instead of him, you are a lost cause my friend. A second round pick for him, a year removed from being selected #5 overall, would be a bargain.

Ziggy Hood will Have a better career ! ! ! With have the injuries of Dorsey.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    I am getting my information from walterfootball, but apparently the Chiefs are moving to a 3-4 which is not suited for Dorsey and they might trade him.
    I think you're really overreacting to what struck me as simple speculation from a draft blog. This is what was said:

"This team has some intriguing young talent, but I do question the move to the 3-4 defense. How will Glenn Dorsey, Derrick Johnson and Brandon Flowers fit? The Chiefs have made zero moves as far as free agent signings, which is disappointing because they had the cap space. Also, do not be shocked if they try to trade Dorsey to a team like Buffalo or Tampa because he does not fit in at nose tackle or end."

They said don't be shocked if they try to do it, but there's nothing there that suggests it's something they're actually pursuing. All they're doing is talking about how Dorsey doesn't fit the 3-4 (which he really doesn't) and then guessing a new regime may want to move him. It doesn't strike me as a comment based on anything more than that.

If KC is going 3-4.
    Why not offer Pisa
    I stopped there. Why in the world would a 3-4 team be interested in a 4-3 WILL linebacker who may or may not be 230 soaking wet?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

From the Kansas City Star...

Not every player completed his conditioning test today in the assigned time, but coach Todd Haley said he was satisfied that, as a whole, the Chiefs arrived at training camp in good physical condition.

“I was concerned (whether) guys during their little bit of time off continued to stay in condition,” Haley said Friday as the Chiefs began their 19th and final camp at their summer hideaway in Wisconsin. “As a group, we did that.”

Haley wouldn’t reveal which players failed the conditioning test, which was a series of three 300-yard runs. But Haley said the Chiefs had a handful of players who won’t be on the field for the initial practice session today because of physical issues.

He wouldn’t identify those players, either. But running back Kolby Smith, who had knee surgery last season, and defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey, who said he failed the conditioning test, will apparently be among them.

Dorsey sat out much of the offseason practices because of shin problems.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Dorsey sat out much of the offseason practices because of shin problems.
    Wow, this shin thing just won't go away. I wonder if last years assessment by several NFL team doctors might turn out to be accurate?

Based on feedback from four teams that have analyzed the results of Dorsey's MRI taken at the Combine, a thin black line did appear in his tibia and it clearly has been slow to heal. Calcium has formed on top of the stress fracure and provides enough support to play through it initially. Eventually, however, at least three team doctors have shared the opinion with their general managers that the fracture eventually will have to crack to heal properly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast