Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Double Standards

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Double Standards

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I'm pretty sure Donald Sterling knew he was being recorded and admitted he knew about it. He didn't approve the release and use of the recording.

In the 40's having black athletes in the pros was a big deal. (Jones needs to think about that.)
    In the 50's a lot of people were upset by photos of a black man and woman kissing being shown. Eating in the same restaurant was forbidden.
    In the 60's and 70's, interracial marriage and dating was shocking. "Look Who's Coming to Dinner" was a big deal in 1967. The Star Trek first kiss was huge for some.
    Now it's gay marriage and showing of gay affection. Times evolve and so will this. The percentage of the population that approves of gay marriage is skyrocketing. It takes extra time for some people.
    You can't associate being black or any other race with being Gay. I didn't choose to be the color and race I am. Being born gay is a debate not fit for this forum. I'm happy we got Sam because he's a playmaker. I could care less about what he does off the field out of site. Off the field is between he and GOD. I cannot judge for ALL have sinned and fallen short.

My Point of this Thread was to state I don't agree with the form of punishment dished out towards Don Jones.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Double Standards

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I think Sam should keep his personal life personal and just play the game, and I expect the media to give him the same cold shoulder they give to Christians that want to speak their personal lives.

gap
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So, you think that Tim Tebow was given the "cold shoulder" by the media?

Seriously?

That guy's publicity to talent ratio was higher than anyone East of the Kardashians.
    I said Christians, not just Tebow. And yes, Christianity which is truly protected by the constitution and bill of rights (as a religion) is being absolutely brutalized in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    By some of the media yes. He was vilified by some of the media and a lot of the general public because of his beliefs. Just as Michael Sam is having done to him.
    What he said. The donkeys should have kept him as their QB, at least until they got Manning. They did worse without him than they did with him. He wasn't perfect, but he had the ability to lead his team. I personally believe Tebow was not given a chance because some in the league wanted to silence him.

gap

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    As we have decided to have one thread for discussions of this type, I'm going to close this one.,

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    As we have decided to have one thread for discussions of this type, I'm going to close this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123