throwback week

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Draft pick McCune signs with Redskins

Draft pick McCune signs with Redskins

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Fifth-round draft pick Robert McCune signed with the Washington Redskins on Monday.

The linebacker from Louisville started 27 games with the Cardinals over four years and had six sacks and two interceptions. He attended Louisville after serving three years in the Army National Guard, including three months in South Korea and three months in Kuwait.

The Redskins have three more picks to sign: third-round selection Manuel White and first-rounders Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell. Players report for training camp Sunday.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Draft pick McCune signs with Redskins

I still lament the fact we didn't draft this guy. I know he's a little older than a typical rookie, but my gut tells me he is going to being a thumper in the pros.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Draft pick McCune signs with Redskins

At worst I think he's going to be a solid depth and ST guy. He could turn into something special, but at 26-years-old, he's going to have to really work if he wants to see some quality time as a starter in his career. To think, he's less than a year younger than Chris Claiborne, yet Claiborne has six professional years under his belt.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!