throwback week

Tony Soprano Guest

Dre Bly - Liar - and the Sportswriters that support him

Sports Journalism is SO Bad.. SO bad that player's can say anything and get away with it.

Micheal Irvin told Police it was his Brother's Pipe and Drug paraphanalia, now he says he was his friends. Micheal had it because he took it from his friend - BUT, no one asked him why he didn't throw it away or how many trash cans he drove by.

Now, Dre Bly brought attention to himself this week by attacking his own QB and saying he doesn't know if Harrington can cut it in the NFL. Bly then say that he didn't go to DETROIT for the MONEY, he said he signed there (a perrennial cellar-dwellar) in DETROIT to FIX THIS - TO WIN!!

He signed with DETROIT to win!! and no one in the press corps challenged him or questioned him at all. Like lemmings they all ran and reported it like Gospel.

I have an idea, what don't they make BLY General Manager in Detroit? After all, they took a broadcaster out of the booth for the last GM choice in DETROIT. BLY defends "Matt" as he calls him, and instead points out the players on the Lions that will never develop. Why don't they utilize Bly's great eye for evaluating talent and let him be General Manager of the Lions. After all, everyone knows that Bly only cares abouts WINNING.

And, by the way, the GM of DET (Millen), taken from the broadcast booth, the very man BLY defends and says is getting a bad rap, is DEAD LAST in the NFL in winning percentage during his career.

sbramfan Guest

Re: Dre Bly - Liar - and the Sportswriters that support him

Micheal Irvin told Police it was his Brother's Pipe and Drug paraphanalia, now he says he was his friends. Micheal had it because he took it from his friend - BUT, no one asked him why he didn't throw it away or how many trash cans he drove by.
    No, but really, because of the armadillo problem in Texas, they keep lids on the trash cans, so it's understandable. And I hear it was a really nice pipe, ya know, the kind you wouldn't really want to throw away.

And by "brother", he actually meant "brotha", which was implying his good friend, not the literal form of brother, rathe the ebonic slang.

Ya Dig, my brotha?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The "TexasSpeedBump" problem, a.k.a. armadillos, really doesn't affect the DFW area quite as bad as say, Amarillo, but those critters are quite the pesky sort.

moklerman Guest

I'm guessing that armadillo's are pretty annoying to those that live in Texas but I always felt kinda bad for all the squashed one's I saw when driving through. Actually, I almost hit a deer on that same road trip. It was probably a coincidence but it sure seemed like there was a lot of wildlife wandering around the interstate on that trip. I was glad to get back to relatively sterile evironment of the central California desert.

Tony Soprano Guest

Michael could have thrown in out the window.. or snapped it over his knee like Bo Jackson,,, but I suspect Michael didn't want to get rid of it (You don't have to be Barnaby Jones to figure that out !)