Thread: Drew Bledsoe

England Ram is offline Registered User

Drew Bledsoe

Is it me or is this guy the worst QB in the NFL? I was watching the game yesterday and it was frustrating to be able to see the most obvious thing for him to do and him just screwing everything up... is he the worst QB in the NFL or is he gonna come good soon?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Drew Bledsoe

I wouldn't say he's the worst, but he is immobile which is a huge issue. When he has time, he has shown he can put up numbers and win games with Witten, Glenn, and Julius Jones.

I believe Tony Romo will replace Bledsoe at some point this year.

Oh and to answer your question, Aarron Brooks is the worst "starting" QB in the NFL.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

moklerman is offline Registered User

Bledose's always been a pretty good numbers guy, but every time I've watched him he does seem to make a bone-headed decision(s). It seems like all the pieces are there for Dallas to have a good offense but they still seem to be struggling. I don't know how much can be taken from yesterday's game though since it was a road game in Philly which is always tough. Not to mention the media distractions that go along with certain players returning to face their former team.

Bledsoe better start cutting down on mistakes and/or producing because Romo looked too good in preseason no to give him a shot at some point.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I would be very surprised if Parcells benched his boy. Bledsoe and Parcells have a long history together and Parcells likes Bledsoe alot. Also I don't know how much longer Parcells is going to coach the Cowboys. To shake up the chemistry now could be detrimental to Parcells plan, whatever it is ?

Bledsoe's biggest problem is mobility or lack there of. If he has to move his feet or throw on the run (I guess that's what you call it) he's cooked. He does however have a great arm and always has.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am not a big bledsoe fan, but i will say this (for the millionth time). You cant throw from flat on your ass.

The guy got killed all game long vs the eagles. blame the o line and the big tunas game planning, he got badly outcoached. Philly blitzed early and often. Gee, what a shock. Where were the dump off calls. Bledsoe had guys in his face before he could even set, let alone throw.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I wouldn't say he's the worst, but he is immobile which is a huge issue. When he has time, he has shown he can put up numbers and win games with Witten, Glenn, and Julius Jones.

I believe Tony Romo will replace Bledsoe at some point this year.

Oh and to answer your question, Aarron Brooks is the worst "starting" QB in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I would be very surprised if Parcells benched his boy. Bledsoe and Parcells have a long history together and Parcells likes Bledsoe alot.
    Chalk one up for ramsbruce.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

True RamsBruce....you called it and it has happened. However, I am not sure if this will be for long after Romo's pitiful performance tonight....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

I was watching the game last night also. In watching Parcells body language he looked very uncomfortable, more than usual. I had a strong feeling he was going to make the announcement at halftime that Romo was going in. I am surprised at Bledsoes poor performance but not surprised that Parcells pulled the plug. Gutsy call on his part.....Romo looked shaky at best.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Is it me or is this guy the worst QB in the NFL?
    Quantitatively speaking, there are 5 worse among eligible rated passers:

26 Michael Vick
    27 Matt Leinart
    28 Drew Bledsoe
    29 Charlie Frye
    30 Joey Harrington
    31 Steve McNair
    32 Jake Plummer
    33 Andrew Walter

.....but really that's like saying you can outrun 5 kids at fat camp.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is online now Registered User

He's good when there's a line. There wasn't one last night. The mobile Romo didn't help them either, because they still lost, and didn't put up many #'s besides picks.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Romo had the same problem as Bledsoe....No O-line

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Romo had the same problem as Bledsoe....No O-line
    lol ya, thats exactly what I'm saying...no line at all. It was painful to see how bad it was. Now I don't feel SO bad about our line.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

general counsel is offline Registered User

romo looks exciting and its a sexy pick, but aside from the fact that he is better able to run for his life behind that atrocious offensive line, i think he offers nothing that bledsoe doesnt. Did you see the terrible decisions romo made on both the screen pass and the int at the goal line. He can look good in flashes, but if they go to the playoffs with that kid at qb in that division my name is barron mickel sakluna. They really need nate newton back, i hear that he only has about 228 pounds of weed to finish consuming before he runs out of his stash and is ready for a drug test.

ramming speed to all

general counsel