RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Dungy's Son found Dead

I just saw this...

LUTZ, Fla. (AP) - James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in a Tampa-area apartment, police said Thursday.

In a news release on its Web site, the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office said it "responded to the Campus Lodge Apartments this morning at approximately 1:32 a.m. The girlfriend of James Dungy had returned to the apartment and discovered Dungy."
    Police performed CPR on Dungy before he was taken to University Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No foul play is suspected, but a cause of death won't announced pending an autopsy, said Vida Morgan, a secretary in the sheriff's public information office. The apartments are located in Lutz, Fla.

Tony Dungy has left the Colts and is in Tampa, according to NFL.com.

The coach and his wife, Lauren, have four other children: daughters Tiara and Jade and sons Eric and Jordan.

The Colts (13-1) are at Seattle on Saturday.

Fans posted prayers and messages of support for Dungy, who also coached the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, on a message board on a Colts fan Web site.

"Not only was he a great football coach for the Bucs, but he is an even better person," one Tampa Bay fan wrote. "It makes me sick that it happened at this time of year to a person that is so giving and caring."

Another person wrote for God to give strength to Dungy during this difficult time.

"When things like this happen it adjusts our perspective on life," one person wrote. "What was considered major yesterday doesn't amount to more than a footnote today."

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: Dungy's Son found Dead

This is very sad. What a terrible thing to have happen, especially at this time of the year. My heart gors out to the Dungy family.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

ram3057 is offline Registered User

I saw this story this morning as well. Terrible news. I just hope that it wasn't a suicide.

:sad:
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

That is just terrible and my prayers go out to the Dungy family. I've always had a lot of respect for Tony because he's a class act. I hope that his strong faith will help their family through this tragic time, especially during this time of the year. No one should have to bury their child. God Bless Tony and his family.

:sad:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I can think of nothing worse than a parent having to bury their child.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod