Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel Guest

The eagles and shaun alexander?

Just spoke to a business associate in philly who does some work with the eagles front office. Claims that quiet discussions regarding a trade between the eagles and the seahawks for alexander are under way, discussion involving a #3 pick, maybe a #2.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: The eagles and shaun alexander?

Interesting. But I don't see where A) philly would want another RB, and B) seattle would be willing to part with SA for anything less than a 1st.

But stranger things have happened (which reminds me...Miami, thanks again for taking away Gordon and giving us the #66 spot.)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mykel is offline Registered User

The SeaFrauds have stated that they are willing to give up Alexander for less that a first round pick due to the depreciated value of RB's in this years FA market and the influx of quality RB's in this years draft so that is not entirely out of the realm of possibility
    "Some people consider football a matter of life and death, I assure you, it is much more serious than that"
    Bill Shankly

general counsel Guest

Hubison, good point, but, what every down runner does philly really have? Buckhalter is always hurt and westbrook is highly subject to breaking down from over use. Alexander is a major weapon. The market for running backs appears weak and indy has made at least some noise about parting with edge without getting a #1 back.

I dont think that the acqusition of alexander by philly would be good news for the rest of the NFC.

HUbison, if you were philly, sitting on plenty of money to spend and plenty of picks, what would you try to do. IE, where do you think they need the most help, given what is available.

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by GC
    I dont think that the acqusition of alexander by philly would be good news for the rest of the NFC.
    True, but the removal of SA from Seattle is good for the NFC West.
    Hubison, good point, but, what every down runner does philly really have? Buckhalter is always hurt and westbrook is highly subject to breaking down from over use.
    You're right, they're not the healthiest backfield. But if they are healthy, their backfield would get pretty crowded.
    HUbison, if you were philly, sitting on plenty of money to spend and plenty of picks, what would you try to do
    Don't get me wrong, if someone were willing to basically give me an Alexander, I'd take it.
    where do you think they need the most help, given what is available.
    Ah, the beauty of being defending NFC champs, they don't need a lot of anything. Just a little tinkering, and SA for a 3rd or even a 2nd would be hard to pass up, I must admit, even with a crowded backfield.

It's a tough year to be shopping a feature back.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

I think they could use another stud wide receiver. I wonder if harold carmichael is still in shape.

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I think they could use another stud wide receiver. I wonder if harold carmichael is still in shape.

general counsel
    If not, they could bring back Fred "one-hand" Barnett. He's been out for 8 years, but he's younger than Rice.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Remember the Patriots and Dillon

Well remember New England got Corey Dillon for a 2nd. This could be a similar good move for the Eagles to elevate their running attack. They couldn't run the ball in the playoffs and especially the Superbowl.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Not sure if anyone watched the NFL channel special on the NFC east, but showcased the Eagles and their need for a receiver to compliment T.O., and an every down RB. (Buckhalter went down in Pre-season last year)

They did very little in FA so far, only picking up Mike McMahan as a backup QB, and some backup TE, so I would think they would definitely give up a 2nd round pick to get SA, and use their 1st round pick for a WR.

general counsel Guest

I dont think the issue is so much whether they would give up a pick, its whether they are prepared to pay the $15 million up front that alexander wants to sign long term and the impact that potentially has on their cap situation. I dont think that they will get an impact receiver picking #31.

general counsel

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Hell , they might pick up a good receiver in the Later rounds.........never know. :bored:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Hope they dont try to take Wilbert Montgomery from us.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Just spoke to a business associate in philly who does some work with the eagles front office. Claims that quiet discussions regarding a trade between the eagles and the seahawks for alexander are under way, discussion involving a #3 pick, maybe a #2.
    Nice job GC....getting the inside scoop. That would be a good pick up for the Eagles. The Eagles with Alexander added in would be impressive. We do play the Eagles this year early on. That is probably going to be a tough game. Alexander could make it more difficult if he goes to the Eagles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    Alexander could make it more difficult if he goes to the Eagles.
    I don't mind playing the Eagles once with him if it means playing the hawks twice without him.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I don't mind playing the Eagles once with him if it means playing the hawks twice without him.
    We have already proven that we can beat those hawks with Alexander.

We do need to work on winning games outside the division this season.
    :ramlogo:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast