Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    ESPN, make the switch!

    I've literally heard only twenty minutes of the ESPN B-team announcers (Brad Nessler, Dick Vermeil, and Jaws), but already they've dwarfed the trio of Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann, and Tony Kornheiser. Keep the B-team every week, ESPN! They make me feel like I'm actually watching football as opposed to an At the Improv comedy act.


  2. #2
    Brain Daddy's Avatar
    Brain Daddy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, Virginia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    You are absolutely right! This crew is much better.

    I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

  3. #3
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    I totally agree. At the very least put Jaws in there instead of Joe T.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

  4. #4
    LaRamsFanLongTime's Avatar
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foothill Ranch CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Cant stand to hear Theismans voice. This B crew is stellar doing a great job.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

  5. #5
    Brain Daddy's Avatar
    Brain Daddy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, Virginia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    You can send them an e-mail

    I sent them one stating that I dislike their regular MNF announcers and that I preferred the ones for tonight's second game. I doubt it'll make a difference, but if enough fans complain, they might eventually take a hint. Or not.

    I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

  6. #6
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Keep the A-Team! They have that classic MNF Gifford/Cosell/Meredith dynamic going. Tirico is the steady, sometimes playful play by play man, Theismann is the blowhard you love to hate and Kornheiser is the lovable, goofy third wheel that adds the right amount of comic relief and insight to keep things lively.

    Nessler/Vermeil/Jaworski are solid and informative, but lack the quirky personality that made the original group so much fun to listen to.

    Monday Night Football was meant to be a little off kilter and unpredictable.

  7. #7
    Scidog68's Avatar
    Scidog68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Modesto, California, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    I watched the entire first game with the sound off. The sound of Kornheiser's voice fills me with an urge to defecate....... and then shove a pencil in my ear.


    Hooah


    Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68 View Post
    I watched the entire first game with the sound off. The sound of Kornheiser's voice fills me with an urge to defecate....... and then shove a pencil in my ear.
    Wow, that's harsh! Kornheiser is definitely a polarizing figure, you either love him or hate him. I personally love him being a big PTI fan. He's going to last at least one season, so keep that mute button handy Scidog.

  9. #9
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,255
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    How about they keep the "A-Team", but switch Theisman with Vermiel?

  10. #10
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    How about they keep the "A-Team", but switch Theisman with Vermiel?
    ....or Jaws. I was surprised Dick did as well as he did. I was impressed. I know he knows football but sometimes that doesn't translate into broadcasting. I already knew Brad Nessler was good at calling NBA games, so I wasn't surprised that he did a nice job with the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

  11. #11
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I was surprised Dick did as well as he did. I was impressed. I know he knows football but sometimes that doesn't translate into broadcasting.
    You do know ramsbruce that Vermeil was a broadcaster on NFL and college games for almost 15 years between coaching stints. He's has a lot of practice at perfecting that translation.

  12. #12
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Wow, that's harsh! Kornheiser is definitely a polarizing figure, you either love him or hate him. I personally love him being a big PTI fan. He's going to last at least one season, so keep that mute button handy Scidog.
    I'm a big PTI fan as well, and maybe it's just growing pains, but I just can't listen to the A-team trio. Theismann and Kornheiser sound like they're making little smart comments towards each other, and not the funny kidding kind either. I sense a genuine dislike between them for some reason. They make it feel like I'm watching Sunday Night Football still, whereas Nessler, Vermeil, and Jaws actually gave me an "I'm watching something special" feel, which is what MNF should be. And they did it during a horrible horrible game, lol...

  13. #13
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm a big PTI fan as well, and maybe it's just growing pains, but I just can't listen to the A-team trio. Theismann and Kornheiser sound like they're making little smart comments towards each other, and not the funny kidding kind either. I sense a genuine dislike between them for some reason. They make it feel like I'm watching Sunday Night Football still, whereas Nessler, Vermeil, and Jaws actually gave me an "I'm watching something special" feel, which is what MNF should be. And they did it during a horrible horrible game, lol...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the genuine dislike between Joey T and Korn. I love PTI, but the B team did a great job calling that horrible game and Dick V really impressed me. Bring on the B team every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

  14. #14
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    I think these guys will settle into a groove and be really entertaining. The fact that they might not like each other is a good thing for setting up the good guy/bad guy dynamic.

    Too bad you youngsters didn't get a chance to hear Howard and Dandy Don go at each other. Between Howard's boozing and Dandy Don's toupee insults, it was classic stuff. Man, those were the days.

  15. #15
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,083
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: ESPN, make the switch!

    Howard Cosell was the best. Dandy Don wasn't to bad either.

    Tuuurrn out the liiiights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •