Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

[ESPN]: Warner benched for Week Four

Cardinals | Leinart will start Week 4
    Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:30:41 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Arizona Cardinals QB Matt Leinart will start the Week 4 game.
    The Matt Leinart era has begun!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: [ESPN]: Warner benched for Week Four

I see Warner with the Lions next year, I have said this before. Martz and Warner will do it one more time.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Maybe, maybe not Nick. Green hasn't said yet, and I heard Mort when he said this and it sounded more like he was just assuming and didn't have any inside info. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked to see Leinart this Sun.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

I would be shocked to see Leinart this weekend. There was nothing in my opinion to warrant benching Warner at this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well ESPN just said on MNF they have sources that Leinart is in. So we will see. Like I said earlier I heard Mort say it without saying he had any inside info and he really didn't sound positive (more like he just wanted to be the first to break the story IF it was true) so I wasn't sure I was believing it yet. We will see I guess. I will believe it when I see him in on Sunday.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

Agreed RamBruce....as much preseason as he missed, and only 3 games into the season...it seems a bit drastic and unnecessary move in my opinion. Especially to start the rookie against the Falcons, who have a very fast and good defense.
    Last edited by bigredman; -09-25-2006 at 10:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Agreed RamBruce....as much preseason as he missed, and only 3 games into the season...it seems a drastic and unnecessary move in my opinion. Especially to start the rookie against the Falcons, who have a very fast and good defense.
    The only reason I said earlier that I wouldn't be shocked to see Leinart is because Green has been known to make some questionable decisions. If it were me I would leave Warner in for now, if they start really tanking later on in the season, get Leinart in there for some game experience.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Too early for Warner to be benched, but Green is known for musical chairs at quarterback and Warner's performance in that game gives him an opportunity to make a switch without fans being that upset about it.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Looks like Green is as fickle as Cardinal fans. This is a total knee jerk reaction if you ask me. Does Green really think Leinart is going to give them a better chance to win? After 3 games, you retreat into retooling mode with a guy that has zero NFL experience? Doesn't make much sense. Green should have given himself time to cool off before making any drastic moves.

At the game yesterday, a chant echoed throughout the stadium for Leinart, and it seems as though they are going to get what they want. You know what they say, be careful what you ask for.......

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Barring a change of heart overnight, the Arizona Cardinals are expected to start Matt Leinart Sunday against the Falcons in Atlanta, team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Arizona coach Dennis Green was noncommittal in Monday's news conference about whether Kurt Warner would continue to start for the Cardinals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602503

RnD

GO RAMS!!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

warner's career basically over...

warner will be pulled for matt leinart. i believe this is a brash move on dennis green's behalf to take the heat off himself for a few more weeks. yes jurt did have a bad game yesterday but i do not like this move by the cardnials organization. they are basically already given up on the season.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: warner's career basically over...

It is sad to see someone like Kurt go out like this. I agree that Green is looking to avert blame and to take some heat off. However, Kurt is not helping matters by fumbling so much. His arm still seems good, but after the hand injuries he just can't seem to keep a grip on the ball. So much for letting Leinart learn from the sidelines. Time for a baprism by fire...If he gets hurt, Kurt will step back in and essentially be auditioning for his next team. However, if Leinart is as good as expected, then this may be it in the desert for Kurt.

:l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If Kurt joins another team next year, he should have a clause in his contract that states that the team he signs with won't draft a QB in the first round of the draft for at least two years.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    warner will be pulled for matt leinart. i believe this is a brash move on dennis green's behalf to take the heat off himself for a few more weeks. yes jurt did have a bad game yesterday but i do not like this move by the cardnials organization. they are basically already given up on the season.
    Why don't you like it? You're a Rams fan so if you are right and it does blow their season that's one less team in our division to contend with, which is good.

I don't think they should pull Warner, but I hope whatever they do (play Warner or sit him) it gives them a worse record than us.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I think this is a big mistake. I think Leinart went to the best situation by going to the Cardinals with good WR's and being able to sit on the bench for a year or maybe even two. Now their gonna throw him in with a bad offensive line, a bad defense, and against a team who's gonna be in a bad mood after what's happening to them right now on MNF. It could end up hurting his confindece for the future. I have friends who still tell my to this day had Akili Smith went into a better situation where he could have sit he could have been a great QB. Not sure if I believe that but I'm a firm believer in letting a guy sit in his first year if you have a viable option like a Kurt Warner to start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast