Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Re: [ESPN]: Warner benched for Week Four

His arm still seems good, but after the hand injuries he just can't seem to keep a grip on the ball.
    I would be inclined to agree with that comment up until this year. Most of Warners fumbles seem to be caused by him not pulling the ball down. Even while wrapped up he seems to be trying to make something happen. He needs to just pull it in when nothing good is happening. Taking a sack is way better then a turnover. I think he really is/has been trying to do to much. He just needs to let it flow.

LET'S GO DODGERS

Rambos is offline Registered User

opportunity to make a switch without fans being that upset about it
    I heard the Tard fans where not so kind to Warner at the end of that game.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I heard the Tard fans where not so kind to Warner at the end of that game.
    They chanted for Leinart throughout much of the second half, then booed and chided Warner when he left the field.

What's interseting to me is the play that probably sealed Warner's fate has not been discussed and analyzed more. Warner has had numerous problems holding onto the ball and will forever have the "fumbler" label and all that goes with it, but it still looked to me like the right guard knocked the ball out of his hands when turning to block or pull.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

A few quotes to add to the debate, taken from Yahoo FF:

"Sep 25 Warner (possible hand injury) will be benched in favor of rookie Matt Leinart on Sunday, ESPN.com reports"

The infamous Warner hand injury strikes again. That is the key to his possible benching. If his hand is truly hurt, Warner will be on the sidelines.

"Sep 26 Citing a report by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals are expected to bench QB Kurt Warner and anoint rookie QB Matt Leinart as their starting quarterback heading into Week 4. Leinart, who downplayed the speculation, will continue to work as the backup until his name is called. "My whole mind-set is just to prepare like always. Kurt is the guy here. He's the leader. If I am going to play, I will be ready to play," Leinart said. "If not, I will continue to be ready if my name ever gets called. All the speculation, people can say what they want, I'm sure Kurt is the guy." Head coach Dennis Green is expected to name his starter Wednesday, Sept. 27. "

So I guess we'll see tomorrow. Even Leinart (maybe pretending) seems confused.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If Kurt joins another team next year, he should have a clause in his contract that states that the team he signs with won't draft a QB in the first round of the draft for at least two years.
    QFT(Quoted for Truth) People that say he failed in St Louis, NY, and AZ need to realize it was younger talent that the teams are wanting to build their future around that Warner lost all 3 starting spots to. At his age injuries come faster and heal slower. Couple that with rookie 1st round draft picks waiting in the wings, his days were numbered before the seasons ever began.

I know this is a horrible thought, but could you imagine Warner on the Raiders? Put him with Moss and holy crap I guarantee records would be shattered. Warner still has at least 2 good years left, maybe more if he could get behind a decent O line (yes I know the Raiders don't have one).
    I hate the Raiders more than anyone, but I place Warner's career above my hate for the faders and realize that they need a QB (Brooks is a joke and Walters is no better) and, if injury free, would play a full season and increase his numbers dramtically with Moss to throw to. MOss just needs it near him to make the catch and sadly the sorry cast of fader qbs can't even do that. Is Warner's personality a fit for the fader nation and Alzheimer Davis? Nope, but he's exactly the type of inspirational, stand up, moral leader that that failing franchise needs. So yeah, Warner coul very well be a Raider next year. Kitna is playing too well despite their losses to warrant trading for a starting QB, and the MM offense isn't even clicking yet.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Is Warner's personality a fit for the fader nation and Alzheimer Davis?
    I think you may be wrong there. In general, the Raiders players that are memorable are thugs but guys like Allen, Plunkett and even Shell show that there is a bit of a balance. As far as the dramatic aspect to his career, I could easily see Warner going to the Raiders a la Plunkett.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

TEMPE, Ariz. (Sept. 26, 2006) -- Kurt Warner will remain the starting quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals, coach Dennis Green said.

Green's comment came in a statement released by the team following an ESPN report that Green decided that rookie Matt Leinart would replace Warner as starter for Arizona's game at Atlanta.

"Generally talking about the starting lineup is not something we do," Green said. "However, given the speculation that was out there we want to make it clear. We're disappointed after last week, but we still expect to be a playoff football team and we fully expect Kurt Warner to be the quarterback that leads us. That has not changed."

Warner threw three interceptions, two of them with Arizona inside the opponent's 14-yard line, and fumbled a snap at the St. Louis 18 with 1:46 to go in the Cardinals' 16-14 home loss to the Rams.

At his regular Monday news conference, Green declined to confirm Warner would remain as a starter.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12