Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Explain this crap (Redskins)

How is it year, after year ,after year they can sign all these all these high price free agents. They seem to have this endless supply of money. Is there no time where they will be in salary cap hell. I just don't get it!! Can someone explain the phenomena to me?? GC, Nick, SOMEONE!?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Explain this crap (Redskins)

Yea I made another thread on this. They sign alot of players to huge contracts and we can afford one or two good players usually. Its complete bs.!
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    How is it year, after year ,after year they can sign all these all these high price free agents. They seem to have this endless supply of money. Is there no time where they will be in salary cap hell. I just don't get it!! Can someone explain the phenomena to me?? GC, Nick, SOMEONE!?
    Since you opened up the reply to the "someone" category, I'll take a stab at it. The way I've heard it explained is....Snyder will make a couple of big splash signings every year, but there's no depth underneath them, and they rarely re-sign their own FAs. There's a nice facade of new high dollar FAs, but a house of league minimum cards underneath them.

I haven't studied the skins salary structure or anything, but that's the way I've heard it explained.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

They have picked up some decent players and they are laying out the cash like crazy. I don't understand it myself.

They have improved the quality of their WR group. They should be a much bigger offensive threat this season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

in one to two years they will be in cap hell like the niners were two years ago. Im in Palm Springs on vacation using PSP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Seems like this is the quote every year. I still don' think this all adds up. Year and year out it is the same story. Maybe Hub has something, and it is complete lack of depth. Still don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    in one to two years they will be in cap hell like the niners were two years ago. Im in Palm Springs on vacation using PSP.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Correct me if I am wrong, Nick, but I think that this is the cap to cash thing that the owners and players were talking about during the CBA talks. You have to make up your payroll under the cap. However, they are allowed to spend a percentage of their own cash on salaries as well. I thought that the owners wanted to keep the cash level at around 2% of total team profit. In other words, if you are a franchise, like DC, that makes a large amount of money then your 2% is much more than let's say Cincinatti. I am not so sure what % that was, or if it was at all, agreed upon. Regardless, I believe that this is how they get away with this. Personally, I think that it is a crappy loophole. I hope that they completely stink up the Capital this year!!! It would serve Snyder right.

:tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    And I'm in 20 degree Iowa weather. Your so lucky
    RamsFan16

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who have they obtained, though? Antuan Randle-El? Adam Archuleta? Brandon Lloyd? These are the players that are going to push them into contention? I don't think so.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Who have they obtained, though? Antuan Randle-El? Adam Archuleta? Brandon Lloyd? These are the players that are going to push them into contention? I don't think so.
    They made it all the way into the playoffs without them. I think Lloyd and Randel el will be able to spread the defense and they will be able to pass more effectively. Moss has been easily contained since the did not have a decent #2 receiver. Bringing in experienced receivors was a good plan.

I am not sure Arch is going to do anything for them. They already had their defense working well. He may fit in, but I don't think he is going to be any sort of leader over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I heard on the NFL network that cash is definitely the way the skins get around the cap. They give cash bonuses but then prorate them over the length of the deal. Shefter compared their ways as kinda like living off a credit card. Sooner or later , the bill will have to be paid.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Its kinda stupid and bullheaded how they go about getting things done,Snyder never thinks about 2-4 years down the line when he will have to cut these players that he totally overpays for i.e. Arch(Biggest contract for a safety ever,WOW)Andre Carter(Huge contract when nobody was biding against them).Im happy we dont have an owner like Snyder,yes he gets some big name players but have they won anything lately?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

First off, Sarge, I'm glad to see you here. You know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    Correct me if I am wrong, Nick, but I think that this is the cap to cash thing that the owners and players were talking about during the CBA talks. You have to make up your payroll under the cap. However, they are allowed to spend a percentage of their own cash on salaries as well. I thought that the owners wanted to keep the cash level at around 2% of total team profit. In other words, if you are a franchise, like DC, that makes a large amount of money then your 2% is much more than let's say Cincinatti. I am not so sure what % that was, or if it was at all, agreed upon. Regardless, I believe that this is how they get away with this. Personally, I think that it is a crappy loophole. I hope that they completely stink up the Capital this year!!! It would serve Snyder right.

:tongue:
    Second, I hadn't heard about the details on this extra-cap cash salaries until now. Sarge, if you or anyone for that matter, has more information on this, I'd love to hear it. This sounds like a pretty interesting way around a portion of the cap.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    I heard on the NFL network that cash is definitely the way the skins get around the cap. They give cash bonuses but then prorate them over the length of the deal. Shefter compared their ways as kinda like living off a credit card. Sooner or later , the bill will have to be paid.
    Yeah I saw the same thing, its all about giving big money, and then paying it a little at a time, with a big payment due way down the road.

Its a good thing Snyder has lots of cash though, cause when its time to pay, its gonna be one monster check going out the door.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Randel El, Lloyd, Carter, AA they still need a better QB !

Bring it on.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast