Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Explain this crap (Redskins)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2352890

For Bison, et al, about the cash over cap theory. I do not know how this has changed with the new agreement, but this is how it was done and what it means. To me, it really makes the cap irrelavent to some teams.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

Yeah, Randle-El and Lloyd are both talented receivers and adding some depth to their wide receiver position will help them spread the ball around so the entire defense isnt defending Moss, but Archuleta will be alrite with them but he won't lead a stellar defense.
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2352890

For Bison, et al, about the cash over cap theory. I do not know how this has changed with the new agreement, but this is how it was done and what it means. To me, it really makes the cap irrelavent to some teams.
    Everyone who's curious about this needs to take a look at this article. Here's an excerpt that stuck out to me....
    To understand the concept of cash over cap, one must understand that the salary cap is just a bookkeeping number, one that can be massaged by amortizing signing bonuses and with other mechanisms. The cap has never been indicative of a team's payroll. The Washington Redskins, believed to be the highest revenue producing machine in the league, have had payrolls well over $100 million the last few seasons, even though the highest salary cap level ever was in 2005, at $85.5 million
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12