throwback week

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

falcons aquire jamal lewis and tony gonzalez!!!!

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The Atlanta Falcons today signed three tryout players who were with the team this past weekend for mini camp and released linebacker Earl Everett and safety Nick Turnbull.

The three signings include wide receiver Tony Gonzalez and safeties Eric Brock and Jamal Lewis.

Gonzalez, 5-10, 192 pounds, is a graduate of Boston College where he played for three seasons (2004-06) with Falcons 2008 first round draft pick Matt Ryan. During his senior campaign in 2006, Gonzalez finished with 89 career receptions for 1,186 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Brock, 6-0, 204 pounds, competed at safety for four seasons at Auburn University. Last year, he finished fifth on the team with 59 tackles while recording a season-high eight stops against LSU.

Lewis, 5-11, 199 pounds, was an honorable mention All-ACC candidate last year for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets after ranking third on the team in total tackles (74). The Riverdale, Georgia native was also a first-team All-ACC candidate in 2006.

Last season, Everett spent 12 weeks on the Falcons practice squad after being signed by the team on Oct. 9. Turnbull spent time with the team in training camp in 2007, but was placed on injured-reserve on August 29.

Built RAM tough

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: falcons aquire jamal lewis and tony gonzalez!!!!

This was a good tease RP16. When I saw the headline my first reaction was, WAAAA!? Then after reading the thread, a big let down. Oh well, you got my attention anyway.