Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: Far out there NFL trivia

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    0 for 2....
    It looks like I bumped the pooch on this one! I must have spent too much time thinking of major toughies and smoke began to billow out of my ears, or else my geography majorly slipped....

Anyhoo....Those who said that the RAMS were the first would be right. My bad!

[SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Wink Re: Far out there NFL trivia

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    Those who said that the RAMS were the first would be right. My bad!
    "WHAT'S THE DEAL, JILL?":tut
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Far out there NFL trivia

Technically, the Rams are the right answer and also the wrong answer.

You see, I have to live with Mom, and when she makes a mistake of this proportion, I don't like to hear about it for weeks.

SO - I did some research and found out that I can "split hairs" on trivia question #1. Mom asked "Which currently existing NFL team was the very first west of the Mississippi River?"
    Notice she did not specify the Mississippi river which runs from Lake Itasca, MN to the Gulf of Mexico. There is another lesser known Mississippi river in North America. This Mississippi river is about 100 miles long, and is in Ontario, Canada. It empties into the Ottawa river just east of a town called Arnprior. To prove i am not bull*****ing you, here is a link to a website that proves the validity of my claim: http://www.mvc.on.ca/index.html
    If you travel due west from the headwaters of the Canadian Mississippi river, you will run into Wisconsin, not too far from Green Bay. So, technically Mom was right, to a degree. She just didn't know she was right.
    Sometimes I think I go too dang far to keep that woman happy....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12