Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Favre has 'itch' to ditch retirement, report to camp

On the planet Gugamonex VI, located in the outer rim of the Andromeda Galaxy, there is a mineral farmer named Grxplv. To say that he has never heard of Brett Favre would be a major understatement. In fact, he has never heard of the Packers, football, or even Earth. In fact, sad to say, Grxplv lives in a rural region that is so far from the population centers of Gugamonex VI that he receives little news of his own home planet, much less Earth and the NFL.

Grxplv cares more about Brett Favre's status than I do.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -07-08-2008 at 12:07 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Gugamonex VI
    I hear Gugamonex VI is beautiful this time of year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

If people are tired of reading about it (like I am), they should ignore the articles. No one makes any of us read them.

Why should the packers release him? They own his rights. They should try to trade him if they dont want him. They owe that to their fans. If they cant trade him, then they should release him. I dont think that they owe him an outright release right off the bat when he waited this long to get back to them and change his mind. If he has changed his mind now and decided to come back, he has hurt the team by disrupting their off season and future planning in a big way and he shouldnt benefit from that regardless of what he did for them in the past.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    The guy just had the best year of his career and has a real shot at the Super Bowl in 2008 and he should just walk away?
    Well it's kind of a moot point, because he already walked away. Hard to argue he jumped the gun in doing so either, because he announced his retirement six weeks after playing his final game. He had a lot of time to think this one over, and he came to a decision.

Favre himself regarding a possible comeback a month after his retirement announcement: "That's the last thing I'm thinking about. I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one."

I really don't care one way or the other about this story, but I personally don't think he should come back after announcing his retirement in March. He chose to close the book, and now IMO he needs to keep it closed.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Yeah the book is closed. Don't reopen it now. He already went through the big retirement show and he should stick to his decision.

It must be hard to leave the business of football when you have been in it so long, but he should have thought about that before retirement.

Do we even now if this story is true, or just a good head liner?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12