Keenum is offline Registered User

Future Hall of Fame thoughts - involves Faulk

I was thinking about when Faulk would be inducted into the Hall of Fame the other day, and a few thoughts entered my mind.

1. OK, Faulk WILL be able to enter the Hall in four years (would have been 5, but since he didn't play at all last year, the NFL allowed that year to count). Let's get that straight. Also, Faulk is no doubt a 1st round Hall of Famer.

2. Think of the names Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin. Most consider Bettis a no-doubt 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Martin is underrated, and when you look at his resume (first 10 seasons had 1,000+ rushing yards, has 100 career TDs {total}, 4th all time leading rusher, and heck, has a passer rating of 158.3, he threw 2 passes, both for TDs and an 18 yard attempt average), it's impresssive. Now do you think Martin is a 1st balloter? Possibly. Also, Martin did NOT play last year and it is widely assumed he will retire (making him able for the Hall in 2011).

3. Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis, and Curtis Martin will all be available for induction for the Hall of Fame at the SAME TIME. All three of these guys are worthy of a 1st round ballot. There is a maximum of 6 people that can get into the Hall at a time. Will all three of these guys be inducted at the same time, and if so, are we looking at the greatest running back Hall of Fame class ever?

Just something to consider while we wait for the season to start...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Future Hall of Fame thoughts - involves Faulk

the last I read Faulk had not offically turned in his retirement paperwork,so does that mean his time starts then,I know you said the NFL is counting last year, but according to the league he is still active,anyways he is first ballot,Bettis is first ballot, but I don't think Martin goes first ballot,I think he is in the same boat as Isaac,great players who deserve first ballot but because they were low key and didn't force themselves into the public eye,they don't get the superstar credit they deserve.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Future Hall of Fame thoughts - involves Faulk

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    the last I read Faulk had not offically turned in his retirement paperwork,so does that mean his time starts then,I know you said the NFL is counting last year, but according to the league he is still active,anyways he is first ballot,Bettis is first ballot, but I don't think Martin goes first ballot,I think he is in the same boat as Isaac,great players who deserve first ballot but because they were low key and didn't force themselves into the public eye,they don't get the superstar credit they deserve.
    Agree 100% about Martin. Because they are classy players and don't want all the hype, it will take them longer to be noticed, but when you look at film of them, you see they are indeed one of the best.

As for Faulk, it's true about his retirement papers, they still are not in. I know once he does get those turned in, then the NFL will count all that stuff, unless he never turns them in or something.