Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Giants have given up on Warner, season

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    So are you predicting a decade of defeats in the Chargers future?
    If history is trendy, then yes I am.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    If history is trendy, then yes I am.
    Well, if they tank for the next decade and the Giants become world beaters, then I will be the first to wear an "Archie Manning for President" t-shirt, but until then he and his son made a big mistake. The Chargers are going to the playoffs, the Giants and Eli are getting pounded.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

San Diego is bucking the system currently. They want a new stadium, the city says no. They want to revamp the current stadium. The city says no. So, watch what they do next year. They won't give Brees the money. They will let players leave, and they will go belly up again. THEN, when it looks it's bleakest, they will show up in our old home town of Los Angeles. Actually, that's where they began.

Kane is offline Registered User

Completely agree about the treatment of Warner by the Giants. There is simply no comparison between Eli Manning and Kurt Warner.

The problem is that the Giants drafter Eli Manning and thought that they had Peyton or Archie. Just because he's related doesn't make him great. And even if he is going to be great, they would still have done better to let him learn from Kurt Warner for a full season before throwing him to the Lions (and the rest of the NFL!).

You can't tell me that Daunte Culpepper didn't benefit from watching Randell Cunningham for a year.

I don't follow the Giants enough to get in depth as to why the made the change or not, but that offense wasn't necessarily making D Coordinators nervous with Warner in there either. Sure, he may have been more effective but the Giants brass may have been looking for more than what Warner could offer and went with Eli?

I don't know and really don't care but I don't think the Giants have a conspiracy against the Warner's. At least not yet.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I don't know and really don't care but I don't think the Giants have a conspiracy against the Warner's.
    I think you care at least a little. You gave a couple of different insights on the situation so there must be something there.

As far as it being a conspiracy, I don't think anyone's saying that. A person can get shafted without being conspired against.

The Giants(not just Coughlin, management was very influencial in my opinion) wanted to see how their investment looked. With the success of Ben R. and Craig K., helping them with their impatience they pulled the trigger too soon. Warner was struggling a little and the offense in general was lethargic. They rolled the dice, hoping that Eli would spark the offense. Instead of sparks, he's just been a bunch of sand on the fire. He's looked lost, uncomforatable, unsure and frustrated.

And now, the Giants players are in the middle of realizing that it's all about Eli. Forget the other 52 guys on the roster, Eli needs experience. Another blunder by a historically blundering GM (Accorsi). For all the reasons that Warner started the season as qb, he should have stayed the qb in the middle of a playoff race. Granted the Giants were struggling but the coaching staff should have been able to identify that the qb was not the sole problem. The players have said as much and in general, seem like they don't agree with the switch.

I'm just saying I doubt if there is a conspiracy. You are right though in one aspect mokler, I do care but it has nothing to do with Warner.

My girlfriend is a fantasy football freak and has Tiki on her roster. When Tiki and the G men do bad, believe me I hear about it.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Kane
    Just because he's related doesn't make him great.
    I don't think he was drafted on the sole assumption that he would be great via relation. He put up some quality numbers in college.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The Giants(not just Coughlin, management was very influencial in my opinion) wanted to see how their investment looked. With the success of Ben R. and Craig K., helping them with their impatience they pulled the trigger too soon. Warner was struggling a little and the offense in general was lethargic. They rolled the dice, hoping that Eli would spark the offense. Instead of sparks, he's just been a bunch of sand on the fire. He's looked lost, uncomforatable, unsure and frustrated.
    Maybe they should have put Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer into their formula.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DJRamFan
    Regardless of where anyway sits on the Warner-Bulger debate (my opinion will forever remain sealed), all must agree that Warner got a royal shafting in NYC. It's clear their losses were not his fault. The Giants probably could have made a caliant run at the wild card with KW and instead they are an embarassment.

DJ, That makes 2 cities that gave Kurt the shaft!..............as for the losses were not his sole fault in St.Louis heck look at what the line has done to Marc! Dislocated shoulder 30 sacks looks like MM still doesnt know how to fix this Offense, let us help you Mike ,start with the O-line instead of blaming your Qb (Kurt and probably you'll blame Marc as well)....................fix your line,change your play calling and you will win again! It doesn't take a space rocket scientist to figure this out!..............just a genius.....lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12