Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    afrightertoo is offline Registered User

Re: The Giants on Kurt Warner

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    However, since ... there is, in fact, interest in Kurt Warner, for various reasons, then there really shouldn't be a problem with threads dealing with Kurt Warner, should there?
    Who said that the only thing common about common sense is how uncommon it is?

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Tx, you speak of stats, but wasn't it you that said winning is all that matters no matter who the QB? Well, Warner is winning, some of us knew he could and are happy for him. Bulger is winning and we are happy for him as well. Of course Barber is no Faulk, and Toomer and Hilliard are no Holt and Bruce. So yes Bulger numbers should be better considering the players around him.

Funny how the ones that predicted doom for Warner are the ones who are now making excuses as to his success or the fact that we are even talking about him at all.

thoey is offline Registered User

You don't really expect anyone to stand up and say "You were right. He can still play. The front office was wrong.", do you?
    This space for rent...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He can still play, he's doing good. However, do you guys really think he could have played again in STL? That I don't.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I will happily acknowledge that Kurt has looked better than I expected him to look given his poor performance in 2002.

However, you have to be a bit careful about trying to compare statistics.

The offense that Kurt Warner is playing in now has a much lower "degree of difficulty" for the QB than the one he played in, and Marc Bulger now plays in, in St. Louis. Warner is not forced to pass the ball out of multi-WR sets with minimal protection from blitzes, as he was when in St. Louis.

I said (you can search for the post if you don't believe me) before the season that I hoped that Warner would play well, but did not particularly expect it. I'm pleasantly surprised by his play.

But that does not change the fact that I believe that Marc Bulger - RIGHT NOW - is as good if not better than Kurt Warner is - again RIGHT NOW, so I do not regret Kurt's departure.

Actually I don't think the front office was wrong. This is where Tx and I agree. Warner can still play, he just couldn't have played for the RAMS. The team for whatever matter did not have confidence in Warner anymore and that wasn't going to change anytime soon. The team has confidence in Bulger and it shows, the team plays hard and amazingly when things go wrong Martz changes his gameplans (run to pass ratio) to suit. Bulger is this teams QB and will be for a long while. But I just hope he is not discarded as quicklyif he loses a few games because he is still young and still learning. Martz seems to have a short fuse for players that don't help him(Martz) succeed let's hope it doesn't happen to Bulger.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Actually I don't think the front office was wrong. This is where Tx and I agree. Warner can still play, he just couldn't have played for the RAMS.
    Unfortunately we'll never really know for sure if the front office was wrong or if Warner could still play for the Rams.

I was not at all happy with Warner being run out of town. But it's becoming the best move for Warner. Also there really is no use in arguing the fact anymore. I admit I'll watch the Giants game (as long as the RAMS aren't on at the same time) just to see how Warner is doing. It makes me very happy that he is doing well. But what good is having the continuing fight on these boards about something that cannot be changed by any of us. It's time to get behind our QB who lines up behind our center. Those of us (myself included) that still want to root for Warner can and will, we just don't have to go around and point fingers and say this is how it would've been for the RAMS because we just don't know that for sure.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    You don't really expect anyone to stand up and say "You were right. He can still play. The front office was wrong.", do you?
    Do you really believe that Kurt's playing well in the NY Giants offensive scheme mean the front office was wrong? I'd question anyone who says that. When the Giants start going 4-5 wide and passing 40+ times a game, then we'll only begin to get an idea.

But as of right now, Warner is playing in a very controlled and very managable offense that isn't requiring him to be the playmaker he needed to be here. Some of us who had reservations about whether Warner could still play are being proven wrong, but again, that doesn't prove that he would have been just as good here.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    I remain absolutely amazed that "Ram Fans" can be happy that Kurt Warner was run out of town.
    Please rebel, point to where we Ram fans have expressed happiness that Kurt Warner was released by the Rams. I don't think anyone was happy to see Kurt go. Some of us just feel it was something that had to be done for multiple reasons. Heck, think of how cap-strapped we would have been this season trying to make up for injuries if we were still carrying Kurt's contract, a contract he refused to rework. But that doesn't mean anyone was happy about it, and I almost resent that "Ram Fans" are being misrepresented like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WisRamsFan
    It's time to get behind our QB who lines up behind our center. Those of us (myself included) that still want to root for Warner can and will, we just don't have to go around and point fingers and say this is how it would've been for the RAMS because we just don't know that for sure.
    Great point Wis.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Wrong, by putting him in a controlled offense where he isn't throwing the ball 45 times!

Nick ,question for you! have you ever played football? If so ,what position?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    I remain absolutely amazed that "Ram Fans" can be happy that Kurt Warner was run out of town. The only real good qb we've had since I've been watching them (1975), the only one to win us a super bowl, two time mvp etc, etc, etc....and you bums are happy to see him go?? I say jettison you traitorous fans, the idiot coach and most of the idiot front office and maybe I'll feel good about the Rams again. But only if we resign Kurt next year

you read my mind!........all except the word bums! It should have been arm chair qb's............lol.......lol......lol.....lol.......j/k......lol.......lol....j/k....j/k....j/k :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Kurt was given the chance he deserves and he is making the best of it. I think he is doing much better there than Bulger could do under that line. bulger don't know how (LUCKY) he is ! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Nick ,question for you! have you ever played football? If so ,what position?
    Nope, never played organized football. How does this relate to the topic?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You see, Nick, if you never played football, its likely that you've never had a concussion or the resulting brain damage. Consequently, you're just not going to get some of the posts that have been made on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    You see, Nick, if you never played football, its likely that you've never had a concussion or the resulting brain damage. Consequently, you're just not going to get some of the posts that have been made on this thread.
    Yikes, bringin' out the big guns! :redface:

I did, however, play baseball, basketball, and wrestle during parts of my educational experience. But I doubt that counts for anything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast