Thread: giants redskins

general counsel is offline Registered User

giants redskins

the giants are so terrific on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their play calling is very conservative and the redskins dropped a couple of potential INT's and a couple of passes, but its going to be tough for us to beat the giants given the problems we are likely to have getting pressure on manning. The good news is that we will be at home and lets hope that we are able to run the ball to open up the play action pass. If you dont do something to slow down their pass rush, you have major trouble on your hands.

Brandon Jacobs is a load and a half.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: giants redskins

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    the giants are so terrific on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their play calling is very conservative and the redskins dropped a couple of potential INT's and a couple of passes, but its going to be tough for us to beat the giants given the problems we are likely to have getting pressure on manning. The good news is that we will be at home and lets hope that we are able to run the ball to open up the play action pass. If you dont do something to slow down their pass rush, you have major trouble on your hands.

Brandon Jacobs is a load and a half.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    The Redskins offense looked pathetic! I don't know if that was because of the Giants D?

I was thinking the same thing as you gc. Scouting the Giants if you will, because they are an opponent we face. I know we play the Redskins too. Hopefully they are in the same funk on the offensive side of the ball when we play them.

As for the redskins, they are putting in the new west coast offense. The giants are not the best team to implement a new offfense against because they are so good on the defensive line.

The skins had some bad drops, but the primary reason they looked so bad offensively is that they got the crap kicked out of them at the line of scrimmage and that is going to be the same issue for us.

Will bulger have time and will jackson have any holes.

Also, the giant o line dominated and the giants got a lead and controlled the ball on the ground for 2/3 of the game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Amazing that they lose both starting D ends, and still make Washington look JV. Did you see Landry get leveled by Brandon Jacobs? Note to Rams defense, tackle him below the knees. Plex was uncoverable last night, and we might be able to get Antonio Pierce to give us a few penalty yards.

Actually, the coverage on plaxido wasnt bad at all. Some of those catches were very very tough grabs with the ball right on the money. If we want to stop burress, the way to do it is with pressure on manning. Manning had all day to throw last night and if that is the case vs the rams, we are going to be in big big trouble. Jason Taylor did basically nothing last night. He was a complete non factor.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I'm saying that no matter what Eli threw at Plex he was going to catch it. What'd he have, like, 12 catches $1.50? He ran a hook route against press coverage and made a catch for aout 8 yards, and you heard Al Michaels say "You never run a hook against press coverage, that's just a great catch by Burress"(or something like that, I probably shouldn't have quoted that). Washington was overmatched with Springs and Smoot both out. When Landry started to key in on Plex is when they held up down, but by that point it was the 4th quarter.

I don't think Taylor was that bad either. He made some smart plays, covering the back on a screen...things like that. He wasn't a defensive player of the week by any means, but I didn't think he did much worse than anyone else on that defense.

Fair point archer. I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I guess my question is whether we think that the rams corners are really any better than the redskins and while i think we might be better with hill and brown, if we dont get in manning's face it wont matter either way because we wont be able to cover burress down the field either. Too big and too strong. Reminds me a bit of boldin and braylon edwards, both of whom killed us at times last year.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The Redskins' offense was off all game. The offensive line wasn't giving Campbell any time to throw or Portis any space to run. I remember seeing a stat line at one point in the first half where the Giants had 12 first downs and the Redskins had just one caused by a roughing the kicker penalty. To be fair, though, the Skins defense got it together in the second half and kept that game a lot closer than it should have been.

You're right GC. We don't have a corner good enough to stop Plex. Maybe Toomer and the slot guys. The key will be pressure otherwise Manning will go for 500 yard and 4 TDs.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Holy crap, think about what Plax is going to do to Tye Hill on Sunday. I just hope we can keep him under 200 yards.