Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Re: Giants vs. Carolina

You suckers are pathetic...I find it hard to believe the treatment Warner gets from some of you after all he did with the Rams...Grow up and get a freaking life..Gee whiz :confused: You sit here and glorify poor baby Manning, who refused to play for the Chargers...while you dog Warner who earned his stripes...
    Last edited by Curly Horns; -08-20-2004 at 04:02 PM. Reason: offensive language

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    You're absolutely right, it was a bad decision. I can only assume during regular season Coughlin would punt there.
    Perhaps, but I was actually referring to Warner's throw. Since making the post, I've heard some additional coverage that alludes to the idea that it wasn't a great read and throw.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Perhaps, but I was actually referring to Warner's throw. Since making the post, I've heard some additional coverage that alludes to the idea that it wasn't a great read and throw.
    No, it was a great read and throw...on the part of the CB. He broke with the snap and was all over it. That play was a simple pivot and throw. Not much Warner could have done, except hold the ball and take a sack. Which in retrospect would have been the better move. Honestly, I think the receiver was to slant to the middle from the line of scrimmage, which would have put the WR in line with pass. He would have gotten creamed, but he would have been on the ball.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Not much Warner could have done
    Taylor was the only receiver running a route? Meh. Like I said, I didn't see it myself, I'm just going off the report I was listening to earlier today, which was that it wasn't a throw that should have been made. Oh well, it's not really an important issue. It is the preseason after all.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-20-2004 at 06:23 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Taylor was the only receiver running a route? Meh. Like I said, I didn't see it myself, I'm just going off the report I was listening to earlier today, which was that it wasn't a throw that should have been made. Oh well, it's not really an important issue. It is the preseason after all.
    Taylor might as well have been the only receiver. That is not a play where you start at your 1 option and begin to check down until you find an open receiver. You snap the ball, take your drop and fire in the area where the receiver is supposed to be. It's like a running play except for the forward pass obviously. It was a quick timing route, which is usually run on a slant (ie. closing the distance to the QB) not the up route that the WR ran (ie. increasing the distance to the QB) for the very reason that it is easier for the DB to jump the route which is what happened. So either, the WR ran the wrong route or their OC needs to be run out of town for drawing up that play.

And I suppose we could say that any interception is a pass that shouldn't have been thrown...except for those where the receiver tips the ball in the air and it travels to the hands of DB, man that always ticks me off, how stupid could a receiver be to...well, that's for a different time.

And again, Nick, you are correct. It's preseason which is good for making bubble players either unemployed or millionaires and for making healthy players into injured players. And that's about it for the importance of preseason.
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-21-2004 at 04:24 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123