psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Going to hate playing against this guy

We wont get him and thats a shame.the hawks or ******* might(smack).

Matt Leinart Southern California Quarterback 6-4, 224
    2004 Stats: 3,322 passing yards, 65.3 completion percentage, 33 TDs, 6 INTs
    Left-handed with size you want for position good poise and outstanding leader did not work out this spring because of injury His offensive coordinator at USC, Norm Chow, has moved to the pros (Tennessee Titans), but should play well with new coach teaching same system has a chance to win second Heisman Trophy should be a top pick in the 2006 draft.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Going to hate playing against this guy

Leinart is almost a lock as first overall for the 2006 draft. He's at worst a top five prospect going into this season. Barring anything major like a huge injury or just a bad season, it's going to take a special kind of suck to have a chance at picking him. The Whiners won't since they just drafted Alex Smith [Sidenote on this. If I were the Whiners going into this draft, I would have traded down and drafted Mike Williams, then held out for Leinart in 2006. Williams would be an immediate upgrade at WR, and would have more than likely started right off the bat, and Leinart is much more talented than Alex Smith, IMO. Can you imagine both of those USC stars hooking up in San Fran on the pro level?] and the Seahawks probably won't be bad enough to get a high enough pick to grab him. Unless someone makes a trade - either the ***** trading Smith (unlikely because of the contract he'll sign) or the Seahawks trading up (unlikely because they'll have bigger needs than QB), I doubt either of them get him.

I wouldn't count the Cardinals out of the mix. Unless you buy the hype about them being much improved and playoff bound this season, they may still have a pick in the top 10-15 and may be able to make a move for Leinart, since they didn't take their QB of the future in this last draft. Other teams that I think (1) would be interested in acquiring Leinart and (2) will be poor enough to have a pick high enough to have a chance are:

-Tennessee: Return of the Norm Chow connection as Leinart hooks up with his former OC from college for dangerous results
    -Miami: Nick Saban might not get the Dolphins where he wants them this year, and could grab the perfect franchise QB in 2006
    -Cleveland: Same as Saban, Crennel might need more than a year to really turn the Browns around, and imagine Leinart throwing to Braylon Edwards!
    -Carolina: Despite taking LeFors in round four, I have a suspicion the Panthers may be mediocre, and Delhomme is a surprising 30-years-old
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I'm really thinking a great lakes team will pick him up.Maybe Miami depends on how bad they suck.When I said ***** and Hawks that was just a dig to stirr up some trouble.Miami and the Titans need him.Still think maybe the Bills,Browns Or Bengals.Just have that feeling.

Bills and Bengals already have their QB's in JP Losman and Carson Palmer, respectively. I doubt either of them take a shot at Leinart.

XxXdragonXxX is offline Registered User

The Niners should have waited to pick a QB next year, Leinart is better than Smith, and we all know the Niners will have the 1st pick again.

Could be cleaveland could be detroit.The Lions arent happy With harrington,he hasnt panned out yet,and the Browns?Trent Dilfer,Lang Campbell,and Charlie Frye,They'll have to trade up to get him,but I think Miami could steel him,depending on their 05 season.With Ricky Back,better coaches,Miami is not going to be bottom Feeders this year.I think probably Cleaveland will get him.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Could be cleaveland could be detroit.The Lions arent happy With harrington,he hasnt panned out yet,and the Browns?Trent Dilfer,Lang Campbell,and Charlie Frye,They'll have to trade up to get him,but I think Miami could steel him,depending on their 05 season.With Ricky Back,better coaches,Miami is not going to be bottom Feeders this year.I think probably Cleaveland will get him.
    I forgot that Cleveland drafted Frye. That might take them out of the running for a first round QB, especially with as many tackle prospects coming out that are potential top 15-20 picks. They've been looking for a stud left tackle for a while, and I don't think L.J. Shelton fits that description.

As for Detroit, this is probably a make-or-break year for Harrington considering all the weapons he has around him. That said, the Lions haven't selected a defensive player in round one since drafting Chris Claiborne in '99, so I'm not sure they'll be willing to spend another first rounder on the offensive side of the ball.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    could be detroit.The Lions arent happy With harrington,he hasnt panned out yet
    Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, and Matt Leinart? Yikes.