Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Good Luck Seahawks!

I don't think the Hawks are our most hated rivals yet, they weren't even our division what, more than 4 years ago? I think San Francisco will be our most hated rival for quite some.

Now, do I wish them well? No, I wish no other team weel, but that's just me. Teams I don't want to see go far: Patriots, Giants, Chicago, Tampa Bay and the Hawks in that order. On Chicago I want Lovie to suceed, but I don't want to live through "The Super Bowl Shuffle" ANYMORE! As far as the Hawks, they are a rival and I just don't want to live through that.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I have the utmost respect for the Hawks and their fans, especially over at seahawks.net, but it's got to be the right opponent for me to root FOR Seattle. I must admit, I would be amused if the Hawks lost in the opening round of the playoffs, but if they win, more power to them. What they have accomplished this year is absolutely amazing.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

can anyone explain to me, just how and why anyone would want one of their own team's bitterest rivals to win the Superbowl, all it will do is give their fans the blagging rights to ram down our throat just how good they are.
    Well, this is just one man's viewpoint, but since they beat us twice this year, I'd say they've got braggin' rights regardless of how they finish.

As for the Superbowl, I'm rootin' for the Hawks for two reasons:

1. It'll be nice to have the SB winner in the division. Gives us two chances next year to knock off the king of the mountain.....and it brings more credibility to the division.

2. The Hawk fans I've encountered (with 1 or 2 exceptions) have been exceptionally classy fans. Since the Rams can't win it, I'd like for them to have it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

When I watch games not involving the Rams, I ususally find a reason to pull for one team or another.

For example, I might pull for the Seahawks because I like Bryce Fisher and Grant Wistrom. I might pull for the Bears because I want Lovie Smith to succeed. I might pull against the Cowboys or Patriots because I don't like them.

Also, sometimes I just think a player is "due" to win. For example, I'd like to see Peyton Manning win a Super Bowl (in part, so the ESPN meatheads would stop trying to convince the world that Tom Brady is the best QB in the league).

None of this takes away from my loyalty to the Rams.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Rooting for others

Hate can be as strong or stronger motivator than affinity. After the Rams game, I listened to the Cowboys-Panthers game on the radio. I whooped when the go-ahead TD was caught by former Ram hero Ricky Proehl. I whooped again when the Cowboys missed the tying FG. Then I went into the gas station to purchase some junk. When I came out, it turned out the play was reviewed, and despite the announcers swearing the kick was partially blocked or mysteriously changed direction on its own, the refs gave the Cowboys a roughing the kicker penalty. (I don't know how many times this kind of garbage went on with this team over the last three decades). I now hate the Cowboys even more.

So, my point is, with the Rams out, you can be loyal. Root for evil to lose.

Root against the Cowboys, and against the Patriots. Someone will win, and that's okay. More importantly, the bad guys will lose. We'll take care of the new bad guys later.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Some of you simply have no clue.

Since my dad was a Rams fan, prior to my birth, I was basically born a Rams fan.

I'm not a Rams fan because I'm from LA or Calif. Nor am I a Rams fan because the Rams are now playing in St. Louis. I am a Rams fan today, due partially to my dad's influence, and from the fond memories I have during my youth as a Rams fan.

I was a Rams fan long before the hawks came into existence in 1976. I never jumped ship to become a fan of the team from the home state, at that time or anytime since. Many hawks fans are similar to fans in St. Louis in that they were fans of other teams prior to becoming fans of the current home team.

Like I said: "I live in the Evergreen state"

That means, I have family, friends and co-workers who are hawks fans. They all know I am a die-hard Rams fan and their is much good natured ribbing on both sides.

They are good people and fans just like you and me. They love their team.

And like I also said, I would like to see the hawks win the superbowl for them, for the long-suffering fans who have remained loyal to their hawks since becoming hawks fans.

For those of you who don't like that and especially for the person who sent me the nasty note in the form of negative reputation points for this particular thread I started.....

Well you can kiss my :moon:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe
    I don't think the Hawks are our most hated rivals yet, they weren't even our division what, more than 4 years ago?
    Actually, they were in our division over 20 years ago. Does anybody else remember that?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    Actually, they were in our division over 20 years ago. Does anybody else remember that?
    The Hawks were in our division for 1 year I believe in 1976, then they moved into the AFC West.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

That's right. When the Seahawks and the Buccaneers enter the league, the NFL was had 14 game season. The league had just expanded from 26 to 28 teams, and outside of division opponents, the schedule was not determined automatically.

However, the Seahawks and Buccaneers did not play their division opponents twice in their first two seasons. The Seahawks started life in the NFC West, and their schedule consisted of ONE GAME against EACH OTHER NFC TEAM, plus an expansion bowl game with the Bucs. The Buccaneers started in the AFC West, and their schedule consisted of one game against each AFC team, plus the expansion bowl game. The following year, the teams swapped conferences, and repeated the schedule. That way, the entire NFL had a chance to get acquainted with the expansion franchises in two short seasons.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The Hawks were in our division for 1 year I believe in 1976, then they moved into the AFC West.
    In 1976, the Hawks inaugural season, Jack Patera and Jim Zorn led the team to a 2-12 record in their one and only season in the NFC West until 2002.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I remember that and I still dont know why they switched them to the AFC.Guess it had to do with location.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

The original move was planned all along. They were put in opposite conferences at first, so that the schedule would introduce them to each conference over two years. When the two years were up, they were just treated like the rest of the teams (and by that time, the new scheduling formula had been invented.)

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Wow good pull Cowboyhater! I forgot all about the Hawks being in our division. That's like the Chargers started here in LA for a year too.

Ferter, you can root for anyone you like. I hate the Raiders like nobody's business, but I have a lot of friends at work who are Raiders fans, and they are not the sterotypical kind that ran around this town for years. So I am generally kind to them nowadays. It is all in good fun!

Me and my son did get to go see the Hawks 2 years ago when they beat us. We had to exit the stadium to the chants of "3 and O, 3 and O", but it was in good spirit. What I wish is, I could of been there when we ended up beating them in the wild card game!

Anyway, all in good fun!

bluengreen is offline Registered User

There are a lot of classy Ram's fans, especially on this board.

Thanks for the well wishes, Ferter. It's been a great season to be a Seahawks fan after years of agony.

Hopefully you guys will finish up your season right by beating the loathsome cowgirls!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JackieSlater
    I'm struggling to try and get a grip on this,

maybe i'm missing the point, but can anyone explain to me, just how and why anyone would want one of their own team's bitterest rivals to win the Superbowl, all it will do is give their fans the blagging rights to ram down our throat just how good they are.

i'm not intending to slag down the hawks, they are a very strong, good team this year.. and they have an excellant shot at going all the way... however saying that, as a Rams fan i would hate to see that happen..

What next.. while we're possably hitting a .500 season for the next couple of years in terms of re-building, while the Whiners get to the playoffs, are certain guys going to wish them best of luck... ??

My shout, now Grossman is back and running, the Bears look good.... a Colts or Bengals v Bears superbowl?
    I am in agreement. I'd rather see the Bears go to the Super Bowl than the AFC catoffs known as the Seahawks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast