Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marshall1 is offline Registered User

Re: Good Luck Seahawks!

Ya good lucks seasquids, better you guys going into playoffs then the whiners. I think if you guys make it to the show and Indy to, you guys have my nod.

"Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

OrlandoPaceIsMyHero is offline Registered User

I can never cheer for the Seahawks, except for Wistrom, Fisher, and their O-line because I have gotten in so many arguments with their damned annoying fans at my school. I didn't hate them before I met these Hawks fans, but now I do. Plus, Hasselback is a tool... "we want the ball, we're gonna score." !?! A true smack in the face to the Football Gods. Plus he cries all the time. Plus Shaun Alexander is an arrogant bum who takes lots of credit when really it is his o-line doing the work for him...

-OPIMH

bluengreen is offline Registered User

Alexander goes and thanks his O-line every time he scores, and it was largely due to his constant praise of FB Mack Strong as "the best blocking back in the NFL" that Mack finally gets his well deserved trip to the probowl.

I guess every team has it's share of annoying ignorant fans.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

NFC needs to bring the Trophy home period.

Hopefully it comes to the west,and if that means the Hawks bring it.....So be it.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    Alexander goes and thanks his O-line every time he scores, and it was largely due to his constant praise of FB Mack Strong as "the best blocking back in the NFL" that Mack finally gets his well deserved trip to the probowl.

I guess every team has it's share of annoying ignorant fans.
    The one problem I have with Alexander is last year when he lost the rushing title by 1 yard he said that Holmgren and the Hawks stabbed him in the back. That's not very classy. Sure it sucks to lose by 1 yard but he should have just kept his mouth closed and come out this year and made sure he wouldn't lose it by 1 yard.

He's got the title this year and if he hadn't cried about being stabbed in the back last year I would have no problem with him.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

OrlandoPaceIsMyHero is offline Registered User

Apparently bluengreen didn't see the same Monday Night Football intro that I did... seemed like a pretty arrogant running back on a stats power trip.

Walter Jones forever!

-OPIMH

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoPaceIsMyHero
    Apparently bluengreen didn't see the same Monday Night Football intro that I did... seemed like a pretty arrogant running back on a stats power trip.

Walter Jones forever!

-OPIMH
    You think that was Shaun Alexander on a power trip. That was Monday Night Football trying to be funny. The "Stabbed in the Back" comment was taken out of context last year. The opening for monday night was supposed to be a satire about how the Hawks have recieved no national recognition this year (until 3 or 4 weeks ago) and about how they perenially receive no respect. If you think that Shaun Alexander is an arrogant RB, then you are like the rest of the country and rarley watch the Seahawks play. I know bluengreen watches plenty of Seahawks games, and I know that the first people that Shaun goes to after he scores a running TD are his O-line and Mack Strong. He has the utmost respect for them and gives them alot of credit for being the best in the game. He has said several times he would be nothing without the blocking that they provide.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ferter
    Well you can kiss my
    Well said, dude!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    The "Stabbed in the Back" comment was taken out of context last year.
    How so?????
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Both Holmgren and Alexander have admitted that Shaun was joking when he said it. That nothing was meant by it and the media took one part of a large conversation, pulled the inflammatory parts out of it and tried to make it look like Shaun was the bad guy. There is absolutely no ill will between Shaun and Holmgren...heck, Holmgren probably left him in todays game longer than he should have so he could get Shaun the rushing title...

I never thought there was ill will between them, I just figured it was another athlete crying like a baby.

Fair enough, the media blew it up. No big surprise there anyways. So Shaun gets his title and record this year.

But I will say this, I think Shaun is a little lucky that Larry Johnson didn't play a full season because he was a MONSTER this year. As a Ram fan I feel lucky also because I think Johnson would have broken Eric Dickerson's rushing record of 2105 yards.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

curley4me is offline Registered User

i can't believe that seahawk fans are trying to "clean-up" the story on shaun alexander's " i want the rushing record, they stabbed me in the back" talk. if he was a team guy he would have said NOTHING ,because the seahawks were trying to win the game, not satisfy HIS personal goals. i hope that this years SUPERBOWL is a good one, i personally don't care who ends up playing because the rams are out of it but i would like to see the winner come from the nfc. please, please whoever it is in the AFC knock out the friggin' pats early so us fans don't have to endure anymore tom brady/ patriot dynasty/ tv commercials talk for another year!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    But I will say this, I think Shaun is a little lucky that Larry Johnson didn't play a full season because he was a MONSTER this year. As a Ram fan I feel lucky also because I think Johnson would have broken Eric Dickerson's rushing record of 2105 yards.
    S'pose you could also say that Shaun would have broken the rushing record if he had played the whole game every time...he sat out the equivalent of 2 games because they were so far ahead. 2 quarters against the Eagles and Packers and Whiners...and one against the Texans. So I guess it was only 7 quarters...close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    S'pose you could also say that Shaun would have broken the rushing record if he had played the whole game every time...he sat out the equivalent of 2 games because they were so far ahead. 2 quarters against the Eagles and Packers and Whiners...and one against the Texans. So I guess it was only 7 quarters...close enough.
    Well I'm not so sure with 7 quarters. Johnson only started 9 games this season, so there were 7 games where for every 2 series that Preist got Johnson got 1 series, Johnson would have been in front of everyone.

Johnson was only 130 yards behind Alexander, so theres no way that Johnson doesn't get 130 yards total in those 7 games where he split carries.

If you give Holmes' yards to Johnson (which I actually think Johnson would have gotten more) but Johnson had 1750 Holmes had 451 so that's 2201 which crushes everyone. If you give Johnson, Preist's TDs he would have 28 total and again I think he would have a couple more, but even so 28 ties Alexander. So I still believe that Dickerson was lucky to keep that record and Alexander was lucky to get his rushing title and TD record.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123