Rambos is offline Registered User

Good to see Mad Mike back to work.

Detroit Lions quarterback coach Mike Martz, second from right, works with quarterbacks Josh McCown, right, Jon Kitna, left, and Shaun King, second from left at the Lions training facility in Allen Park, Mich., Monday, March 20, 2006. The Detroit Lions are parting ways with Joey Harrington after four turbulent seasons in which the former third overall draft pick went from franchise savior to fans' scourge. Taking Harrington's spot under center most likely will be Kitna or McCown. The two former N

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/appho...hotoId=1097377

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Good to see Mad Mike back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Detroit Lions quarterback coach Mike Martz, second from right, works with quarterbacks Josh McCown, right, Jon Kitna, left, and Shaun King, second from left at the Lions training facility in Allen Park, Mich., Monday, March 20, 2006.
    McCown, Kitna and King? Mad Mike has his work cut out for him. BTW, does he know he's been demoted to quarterback coach?

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I have every confidence that Mad Mike will come up with something nobody has seen yet.
    A whole new team and players to confuse and inspire at the sametime,its gonna be interesting to say the least.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

so is this the last we'll hear from harrington?

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

I look forward to seeing how the Lions go next year, I for one will be keeping an eye on them

moklerman is offline Registered User

McCown, Kitna and King?
    I would bet that most people thought even less of Green, Warner and Bulger before they got their chance.

Kitna's already a proven NFL qb, McCown has shown flashes of excellence and King...okay, I got nothin' for King but Martz has some decent clay to mold in my opinion. There's a LOT of talent on offense so it will be interesting to see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I would bet that most people thought even less of Green, Warner and Bulger before they got their chance.

Kitna's already a proven NFL qb, McCown has shown flashes of excellence and King...okay, I got nothin' for King but Martz has some decent clay to mold in my opinion. There's a LOT of talent on offense so it will be interesting to see what they can do.
    If anyone can get the most out of a quarterback it's Martz, but all the guys he has to work with are known quantities at this point in their careers. The only one that I could see taking things to a higher level is possibly McCown.

I agree it will be very interesting to see what Martz can accomplish with this group. I'll be getting maximum value out of my NFL Sunday Ticket in 2006.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I agree it will be very interesting to see what Martz can accomplish with this group. I'll be getting maximum value out of my NFL Sunday Ticket in 2006.
    Yeah, me too. I can hardly remember what NFL watching was like before it came along. As far as Kitna, King and McCown being known commodities I'll somewhat agree about Kitna. He's been in a variety of systems and has probably shown all he's going to show. That being said, he did put up 26 td's and 3,500 yards his last year as a starter and those numbers are better than most team's are getting right now. McCown is still a virtual unknown at this point. He's been yo-yo'd in Arizona so much that a change of scenery may pay huge dividends. Shaun King I can never seem to get too down on since he's the main reason the Rams beat Tampa back in 1999. He seems like a good athlete but I've had no interest in watching him so I don't know what he might be able to do.

On a negative note, I don't think it's really encouraging for Detroit fans, regardless of who the OC is, to have 2/3 of the Arizona Cardinals qb's from 2004.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think McCown will get the starting job with Kitna as the back up. I can see McCown doing well in Martz system. One thing we will find out is how tough McCown is thats for sure.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    McCown, Kitna and King? Mad Mike has his work cut out for him. BTW, does he know he's been demoted to quarterback coach?
    Martz is both the OC and QB coach.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Martz is both the OC and QB coach.
    I found it humorous HUb that he would be noted as the lesser of the two titles. I guess he was wearing the QB coach hat at the time of the photo.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Wow, signing 1 great back-up QB, 1 good back up, and 1 ??? QB. I think that the Lions' should have solved their QB woes with quality, not quantity.