Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lito

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Goodbye Lito

According to Rotoworld the Eagles have traded Lito Sheppard to the Jets for a 2009 5th Round pick and a 2010 conditional pick. What the heck... We could of used this guy and the price was right....Really think we blew this one....

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Goodbye Lito

upsetting...

we need to get bartell now that we didn't get lito.

we need ron

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I would hate to give away a conditional pick, If he plays great we lose an early draft pick, if he plays terrible he's a bust.

general counsel is offline Registered User

keep in mind that Lito wants a lot of money. Its not as simple as the picks. Bartell is a better healthier guy.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I'll take Ron Bartell over Lito any day of the week.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

You guys are talking like Bartell's a done deal. Suppose the deal dosen't get done. Both players are same age... As far as health... Sheppard stayed healthy all year last year. Just found himself to be odd man out when they signed Samuels. Would have cost the Ram's probably half what Bartell's looking for. And as far as talent I'm not sure there that much difference. Your not looking at Lito's proven pro-bowl talent...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    You guys are talking like Bartell's a done deal. Suppose the deal dosen't get done. Both players are same age... As far as health... Sheppard stayed healthy all year last year. Just found himself to be odd man out when they signed Samuels. Would have cost the Ram's probably half what Bartell's looking for. And as far as talent I'm not sure there that much difference. Your not looking at Lito's proven pro-bowl talent...
    If a deal doesn't get done I still wouldn't trade for Sheppard. If you look at the deal depending on Litos playing time we could be giving up a 2nd round pick in 2010. We definately don't want to do that in a rebuilding team. Who says Lito doesn't want Bartell money, he is in the last year of his deal and has been asking for a raise for a while. Sheppard stayed healthy because he was barely on the field. I would rather have a 6'1 guy on Fitzgerald instead of 5'9 guy. IMO you have to have some size to cover Fitzgerald. If you are a shorter corner he will out muscle you go over the top pf you and just get the ball. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and Bartell has done much more than Lito lately.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

In breaking news on the "Who Cares?" front...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    It's probably not that much of an accomplishment for a guy to stay healthy when he's the third corner on a team. Wait, make that the fourth corner, because he got demoted this season.

When a team goes out and throws $57.14 million for a new starter in free agency, that's not called being the odd man out. That's called being replaced. Generally that doesn't happen to productive, Pro Bowl caliber players.

Knowing what the Jets gave up for Sheppard - a fifth this year and a conditional next year (as high as a second, as low as a fourth I read) - I'm happy the Rams didn't go this route.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Lets get Bartell signed for a couple of years, any other quality CBs left?

Ramone is offline Registered User

It's interesting, how high we rate Bartell after one solid year. However, I hope I will feel same way, after few more solid seasons in gold and blue, but right now...I am not sure. In fact, what do you think what kind of money he is looking for?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Why dont people understand that if bartell has a few more seasons like he had last year that he is going to get assante samuel money, not the kind of money he is asking for now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ramone is offline Registered User

As ancient Spartans replied to king Philip II:'If.'
    But, on the other side, we were letting our players, in the past, to go elsewhere and we were getting weaker and weaker. I made up my mind. We should stop doing this and pay him.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's probably not that much of an accomplishment for a guy to stay healthy when he's the third corner on a team. Wait, make that the fourth corner, because he got demoted this season.

When a team goes out and throws $57.14 million for a new starter in free agency, that's not called being the odd man out. That's called being replaced. Generally that doesn't happen to productive, Pro Bowl caliber players.

Knowing what the Jets gave up for Sheppard - a fifth this year and a conditional next year (as high as a second, as low as a fourth I read) - I'm happy the Rams didn't go this route.
    Nick this wasn't just a football move, but also a personal one as Lito spoke up after feeling that he was overlooked & unappreciated by management even with his pro bowl status. This led to drama within the organization which led to his being "replaced" as you put it. But this was not a move based on performance.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Sheppard traded to the jets....

New York and Philadelphia have completed a trade that sends cornerback Lito Sheppard to the Jets while the Eagles receive a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional draft pick.
    The pick could be as high as a second-round choice in 2010 and as low as a fourth. But the Eagles will get two picks and the Jets get Sheppard, who was in New York Saturday for a physical.

Come on?! are you kidding me?? We couldnt do that? Fifth rounder and a conditional for a proven corner?! YES PLEASE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast