Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Gruden & Galloway involved in disagreement on sideline of Bucs playoff game

After doing a little more research, officials say Tampa Bay WR Joey Galloway left the game early because of a shoulder injury. What is interesting about that is most players immediately walk into the locker room after their injury, but with 5:37 remaining, Galloway was still on the sidelines with a towel over his head and watching Tampa Bay’s offense. Then at 3:16, Galloway walked off the field into the locker room.

I spoke with Galloway after the game outside of Tampa Bay’s locker room and he declined to comment about leaving early. He carried a garment bag over his shoulder as he walked away.

Bucs coach Jon Gruden did say he and Galloway had a disagreement on the sidelines, but would not elaborate about what happened.
    According to the Bucs Report.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Garcia & Galloway involved in disagreement on sideline of Bucs playoff game

The article says "Gruden" not "Garcia".

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Garcia & Galloway involved in disagreement on sideline of Bucs playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    The article says "Gruden" not "Garcia".
    Whoops, typo on my part.

A follow-up from TampaBay.com

Joey Galloway and Jon Gruden had what Gruden described as a disagreement on the sideline late in Sunday's game, but Gruden said this morning it was just a matter of emotions flaring and a result of frustration with his injured shoulder.

"I pulled him out of the game," Gruden said. "Obviously, he was hurting. You could see it on the tape this morning. I think emotions flared. This is very important to him. He's played a long time and wanted a shot at a championship. He knows he's a key cog here and one of our big reasons why we have a chance every Sunday. I think emotions might have got the best of him."

Galloway left the field with a few minutes remaining in the game, presumably after being told by Gruden he would not re-enter. Galloway didn't address the situation after the game, but Gruden insisted their relationship won't be affected.

"I have a great relationship with him," Gruden said. "We needed him yesterday and, unfortunately, he wasn't 100 percent."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Gruden & Galloway involved in disagreement on sideline of Bucs playoff game

I hadn't heard anything about this but I would guess that it's a good way to deflect attention from the incredibly anemic performance the offense had. Almost every(should have been every, if not for pvssy coach Tomlin) "play it safe" offense/QB was 1 and done. For the life of me, I don't understand why Gruden didn't just carbon copy Philly's late season offense of '06 for Garcia.

After the huge numbers that Gannon put up in Oakland I thought that Gruden was a pretty good offensive coach but that may have been more of a fluke than a norm.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Gruden & Galloway involved in disagreement on sideline of Bucs playoff game

Obviously, Gruden has lost the team.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968