Thread: Happy for Trent

thrown-track Guest

Happy for Trent

Back in 2000 my wife and I didn't have cable TV. So the only games we could really get in was Ravens games on channel 13 here in south eastern PA. My wife has, since then, become an avid Ravens fan while I continue to stand firmly by my Rams.

However, while watching the Ravens SuperBowl season we both became fans of Trent Dilfer. I believe he got a bad rap in Tampa and what other team in history ever cut their starting QB after winning the big one?

I'm glad to see hes doing well and fitting into a starting job comfortably in Cleveland after a long stint as a back-up.

Now I'm not a Browns fan ...but I'll be watching them and rooting for Trent to have a great season. IMHO he is a good stable QB and a great team leader that got shafted by two teams. I hope he lights up the Ravens when he faces them this year. Good luck Trent!

morgetha is offline Registered User

Re: Happy for Trent

Good for the Browns. I watched the game vs. Indy, Trent seems to be a good QB, he got rid of the ball quickly and has great leadership. wonder why he wasted 3 years in Seattle.

I'd love to see the Browns make the playoffs. It was great back in 2003 seeing them vs. Steelers, one of the best game I've ever seen.
    The Greatest Show on Turf

! Best offense ever !

BBlades89 Guest

"wasted" 3 years in Seattle? He didn't waste them because he's a team player. He mentored Hasselbeck. Hass even said (last year's SI Football Preview Issue) that w/o Dilfer, he wouldn't be where he's at today.

Also in that article, it was mentioned that after Dilfer lost his 5 year old son, he was contemplating retirement, but Hasselbeck talked him out of it. He didn't mind staying in Seattle, and was actually a leader on the team, despite his backup status. In return the Seahawks agreed to trade him if he had a chance to start (even though they didn't want to let him go).

People like Trent are way too rare in the NFL. He is a class act for sure.

morgetha is offline Registered User

Forgive me for what I posted earlier. While I posted, I forgot the point about mentoring Hasselbeck. I think Trent is a great guy for sure. He'll be successful under HC Crennel.

And to be honest here, I was rooting for the Seahawks too. But that was back in 2001 when your hawks still feud the Raiders. I watched the Hawks' Radiers and I really like Alexander's runs. I also like Hass development, he's so fired up! But after you guys become our rivals, I try to like your guys less and less.
    The Greatest Show on Turf

! Best offense ever !

thrown-track Guest

Just lastnite on ESPN there was an interview with Trent. Once again he showed viewers just what a class act he really is.

He talked about being a good person first and foremost and to make sure that your life away from football is straight and squared away. He said thats the path he follows and thats what makes him the player and team leader that he is today. IMO the Browns really lucked out by getting him. Not to take anything away from Bulger's talent ....but I'd sure love to have #8 in a Rams jersey!

bluengreen Guest

Trent still has a lot of fans here in Seattle, he is a truly classy guy, I'm glad to see him doing well.